Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The doom-sayers are n00bs to MMO's, this is a BETTER game than WoW and isn't going to die.

Comments

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

What can we blame then?  Without knowing your system specs, how can you justify your comment that mass sieges are unplayable?

With my system:

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core

4 Gig DDR2 RAM (1066mhz)

GeForce 9600GT

I have little problem.  The only thing I have to do is turn of spell particles.  Doing that, I have very little lag and almost NERVER CTD.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Sirlorn, I guess my point would be Mythic had a certain number of players in mind. They made so many servers to reflect that. They have loads of empty and crippled servers where people are unhappy. They are now merging them but they should collapse them. You keep pointing out that fun, fun, fun and thats good for ya. If you like this game, Im not jealous of that. I actually was hoping to see this game succeed better than it is. Why?

So uber players like you would have one place to collectively come and kill each other, instead of trying every game out and messing with us carebears there. Whammer was spose to be that, but it looks it wont be it. Its gonna be niche meaning.. Whammer fans and those who are just bored with others will give this a try. That will be the base. From what is posted anywhere, again, get used to that select 100 players RvR you enjoyed. Sounds like a good environment for you to play in, since that will probably be the max. Not what Mythic hyped.

I always hear a Whammer say" I dont give a flying **** about WoW! Stop talking about it. Stop comparing Whammer to WoW." Obviously they do, cause almost at any chance, the first chance they get its..  "go back to WoW" or "kiddy camp WoW". This is because of mixed signals from Mythic. They state they dont care about WoW and Wow fans. What a complete shill. What business wouldnt want to get its competitor's customers? Thats a bad model when you say "we only want hardcore pvp fans" cause theres only like.. 1000 of those "War all the time, I ownz you, I want blood!" players around. The rest is all casual pvp and gaming. Log on, play some, leave. As opposed to PvE carebears like myself who generally play for years almost everyday.

Mythic definitely wanted some of WoW's pie and to say they didnt is frankly, playing to YOU, the "uber killyalots" psyche.  See, they make you think youre playing something special, hype you up cause youre one of the few 'real' players. And you buy that nonsense and when someone points out you arent playing anything original or really that much fun long term, you get all defensive. Its like a slap in your face cause it reflects on your judgement that youd pay for this, when you could do something like Guild Wars or Call of Duty4 for free.

Well, please stop taking it personally. If you like this, like some like 'Candyland WoW', then stop coming on here and fanboing it up. Go play the "best RvR ever". You need to stay out of these defend Whammer threads just like people need to stop flaming it. Your just as bad as they are. Actually your worse cause youll say they have no game to play, no life. Well, you supposedly GOT one, yet you come on and defend it like you invented the game. So you'd rather be yakking than playing Whammer?

Relax dude.. youre still "uber'. BTW* you WOULD have killed me.. I was a Bright Wizard and our tanks stunk so bad, I was picked out each time in those fights. Boring.You are VERY right about Destro PEW PEWing. Order sucked badly, and thats one reason this game has big problems holding people atm.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by SirLorn
    Originally posted by Lisaka The last thing that made me stop WAR was when destro attacked our fortress outside of Aldorf. Well....if you call 3-4 secs lag playable then the game was really able to handle the players. But for that's not the case. Mass scale sieges are just not playable.
    Crashes to desktop during scenarios wasn't pleasent either. And don't blame my system please, only WAR makes it out of the 20-30 games I've played on this PC.

Please name the most recent MMO, and I mean MMO, that you have NEVER had a crash happen with your system?  Thanks

Seriously and i know you'll find this hard to believe (i do as well)...

VANGUARD! lol never crashed me once!

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527
    Originally posted by popinjay 
    Mythic definitely wanted some of WoW's pie and to say they didnt is frankly, playing to YOU, the "uber killyalots" psyche.  See, they make you think youre playing something special, hype you up cause youre one of the few 'real' players. And you buy that nonsense and when someone points out you arent playing anything original or really that much fun long term, you get all defensive. Its like a slap in your face cause it reflects on your judgement that youd pay for this, when you could do something like Guild Wars or Call of Duty4 for free.

I agree, and I think the title of the thread is a dead giveaway. There's a certain kind of irony in someone who uses phrases like "n00bs" to defend the game that made wildly inaccurate claims about its PvP to attract the "hardcore" PvP audience, and then jumped on the PvE raiding bandwagon the first chance it got. At least WoW can add new raid dungeons and new reputations to grind, where is WAR going to go from here? Nowhere but down.

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

Doomsayers is probably not the right word for the ppl that are starting to see the shortcomings of WAR.   There has already been a topic from MMORPG about the unbalance in factions.  That is a huge thing when a game is supposed to be a RVR.  But there are many other issues coming up now that will "force" ppl to quit. 

The unbalance in EXP and Renown gained by classes is incredible.  THis issue has already destroyed scenarios since dps classes are going solo getting alot more renown than tanks and healers.  What is Mythic doing ?  Nothing.

PVE content is not up to acceptable standard in many ways.  So alot of the PVE players that bought the game orginally based on it have left or will leave when WOTLK comes.  Mythic is not doing anything to strengthen PVE or PQs in next big patch.  I dont even think they mentioned PQs in it.

Class balance.  Huge issues with 30+ classes are now coming up.  Some of those should really be considered as gamebreaking and there are problaby 1000s of ppl that log off every night very frustrated on how some tactics are dominating the game based on abilites of 1 or 2 classes.  Some of those issues could be considered as expoits cause they are so big that its just unbelivable that nothing has been done about them.

Biggest issues ofc is the Magus/engineer trick that is kinda destroying RVR and scenarios atm.  Yes these classes can pull up to 9 ppl through doors in RVR sieges.  THankfully Myhic fixed the magus issue that was pulling huge number of ppl (20-30) and destroying all chance of Order getting any sieges cause of it.  Scenarios are RUIND cause if this since pulling 9 ppl - ever 20 sec - from 65 yard radius and then using mass silence, knowckdown and rooting + aoe dmg kills an ENTIRE scenario group in 3-4 sec.  And if not - then it will 20 sec later.   

There are many more issues that are so big atm that there is no wonder that the game is looing players atm.  It does not mean the game is bad - it just means it has some big issues for 30+ content and Mythic has been very slow to try to relove these issues.  And then the Faction balance issue pretty much something that will always haunt this game from now on.  Server transfers will not change anything about that.  Destruction is dominating all severs and more and more ppl are rolling destro cause they pretty much know that order wont be able to cope. 

I think there are now quite a big group of ppl that have desided to stop for now and see how Myhtic is going to solve the problems that have come up.  Next big patch that talks of "no nerf and only buffs" isn't quite true and if Mythic doesn't handle it right we could see this game fall very fast down with just 100% destruction playing on few servers.  I hope not.  But sadly it seems like a 4 year old game is gonna beat WAR hands down.  Thats sad cause I just HATE that game now - but I have no other choise cause PVE in WAR is to weak to bother with. 

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by popinjay

Sirlorn, I guess my point would be Mythic had a certain number of players in mind. They made so many servers to reflect that. They have loads of empty and crippled servers where people are unhappy. They are now merging them but they should collapse them. You keep pointing out that fun, fun, fun and thats good for ya. If you like this game, Im not jealous of that. I actually was hoping to see this game succeed better than it is. Why?
    So uber players like you would have one place to collectively come and kill each other, instead of trying every game out and messing with us carebears there. Whammer was spose to be that, but it looks it wont be it. Its gonna be niche meaning.. Whammer fans and those who are just bored with others will give this a try. That will be the base. From what is posted anywhere, again, get used to that select 100 players RvR you enjoyed. Sounds like a good environment for you to play in, since that will probably be the max. Not what Mythic hyped.
    I always hear a Whammer say" I dont give a flying **** about WoW! Stop talking about it. Stop comparing Whammer to WoW." Obviously they do, cause almost at any chance, the first chance they get its..  "go back to WoW" or "kiddy camp WoW". This is because of mixed signals from Mythic. They state they dont care about WoW and Wow fans. What a complete shill. What business wouldnt want to get its competitor's customers? Thats a bad model when you say "we only want hardcore pvp fans" cause theres only like.. 1000 of those "War all the time, I ownz you, I want blood!" players around. The rest is all casual pvp and gaming. Log on, play some, leave. As opposed to PvE carebears like myself who generally play for years almost everyday.
    Well, please stop taking it personally. If you like this, like some like 'Candyland WoW', then stop coming on here and fanboing it up. Go play the "best RvR ever". You need to stay out of these defend Whammer threads just like people need to stop flaming it. Your just as bad as they are. Actually your worse cause youll say they have no game to play, no life. Well, you supposedly GOT one, yet you come on and defend it like you invented the game. So you'd rather be yakking than playing Whammer?
    Relax dude.. youre still "uber'. BTW* you WOULD have killed me.. I was a Bright Wizard and our tanks stunk so bad, I was picked out each time in those fights. Boring.You are VERY right about Destro PEW PEWing. Order sucked badly, and thats one reason this game has big problems holding people atm.

Hmmm, who is taking things personally?!  I never called you or anyone a carebear, and I know I do not have that "I am uber" attitude that you numerously make mention of and assert in my general direction of being.

I played EQ 1 for 5 and a half years, PvE EQ......beta'd WoW too......hit cap way before any new content was released, and way before PvP was a thought in Blizz devs heads......I tought about PvP because killing an NPC that is put on a xyz path gets, well boring....add that human aspect of competition, and well......it is a whole new game.  That being said.....

I am sorry you were picked on in school, and I am sorry your Warhammer experience was not pleasent!  I am sincere in the last remark, again you miss the point, the 100 players fielded example was to state for my experience thus far, I think the game can and will be able to handle large interactions with lots of players present, this was my opinon, and came from the experience I shared.......   Now.....anytime I have said the games Warhammer Online, and World of Warcraft should not be compared was in refference to the fact that they are TOTALLY different games not only in design of game play, but in "the end goal"  

I will simply break it down to one is PvE based, and the other is RvR PvP based.....as stated .......numerously.....why it is you want to continue to bash Mythic, and what "they hyped" and fortelling teh "bleak future" you WANT it to be, again in my general direction and other "uber PvP players" general directions, I will point you to my opening sentence in the third paragraph of this reply. 

Now my invetation to come play on my server so I could "pwn" you was totally in jest (although had you shown up and had fun with it woulda been neat too) and just MY way of trying to be wity and funny at teh end of my (what I thought was clear) reply to help you see where I was coming from.

Last thing, I never once said Mythic did not or would not want ANY subscriptions, and or players they could get, be it from AoC bailers, to WoW bailers, to OMG StickMan MMO bailers......please stop from putting or trying to put words in my mouth as it were, I ask you once nicely.  Again, it is MY opinon that you are STILL missing the point(s) I and others have been are trying to make, and such is life.....I hope you find your next venture out from whatever game it is you play now, to something new more enjoyable, as I believe from your first reply, and most deffinetly from this one that you NEED some enjoyment in your life, as you are the one taking things personally and seem to have a bit of angst left still from your bad experience(s). Heh  

I said good day!

• bee52bee52 Member Posts: 158

Magus don't cause much of a problem on our server. There's plenty of ways to disrupt them. Silence, knockdown, focus dps.

Sometimes they get you, but sometimes our engis do as well =)

omg. Sirlorn!

I JUST saw you post on the WoW forum.

Again, heres a Whammer fan who plays such a 'great' game and is such a more knowledgeable player than most, that hes running to post on WoW boards then runs BACK here to defend some more.

Dude, you need your own game. Called Forum Defender.

• LisakaLisaka Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Lisaka

The last thing that made me stop WAR was when destro attacked our fortress outside of Aldorf. Well....if you call 3-4 secs lag playable then the game was really able to handle the players. But for that's not the case. Mass scale sieges are just not playable.
    Crashes to desktop during scenarios wasn't pleasent either. And don't blame my system please, only WAR makes it out of the 20-30 games I've played on this PC.

Please name the most recent MMO, and I mean MMO, that you have NEVER had a crash happen with your system?  Thanks

LoTR never crashed for the 2 months I played it. And of course WoW crashes once every 1-2 months but in WAR I had to switch chars. My human tank ( was it swordbreaker?) crashed 3 out of 4 scenarios. On the Bright Wizad was far better only one crash on every 4-5 sceanarios. And believe me I tried everything.....PC box dust cleaning, reinstall drivers, lowered video settings, even switched display cable from digital to analog /a guy on forum suggested it/......nothing helped.

• LisakaLisaka Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

What can we blame then?  Without knowing your system specs, how can you justify your comment that mass sieges are unplayable?
    With my system:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM (1066mhz)

GeForce 9600GT
    I have little problem.  The only thing I have to do is turn of spell particles.  Doing that, I have very little lag and almost NERVER CTD.

What my computer spec has to do with server lag?

But ok:

6400 core2duo

8800GT 512mb

2gb DDR 800

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

ROFL Popinjay, actually......I am multi tasking with several boards that I subscribe to, while checking 5 email accounts, monitoring 2 diff servers for work (cause when I am remote, I can't really be playing ANY MMO).

MMORPG's home page is open, I close the posts when I am done replying, and if I happen to notice that a topic I posted on pops up on the current forum activity section, then I go look, or if it is a topic that interests me, I do not troll teh forums, and mainly shoot my wit and opinons from this interface.     Not that I had to explain myself to you or anyone else, but you caught me in a sharing mood........so, try again somewhere else, I am sure there is someone that chopped your banter down to what it ISN'T, you are still sore at you can goad into forum PEW PEW.....but my coffee mug is empty, so ciao for now......

•  

The unbalance in EXP and Renown gained by classes is incredible. THis issue has already destroyed scenarios since dps classes are going solo getting alot more renown than tanks and healers. What is Mythic doing ? Nothing. (posted by Frobner)

Guess you havn't read todays patch notes... one is they upped the renoun gained by healers. I havn't heard about tanks complaining about renoun. I'm not saying they havn't, just I havn't heard it. Another fix was they added experience to objectives. So are far as your comment about doing nothin....

Also I agree with a post made earlier.. the game is only one month old. No MMO has ever released a major patch in the first month. I can't think of one that did after two months.. though I am not saying that it hasn't happened. And Mythic said the major content changes and fixes will be coming with the patch in Dec I think it was. Along with some of the classes that got cut at launch. So seems like they are doing something, people just have to give them the time to do it.

no Sirlorn,

The fact that youd rather go back and troll 7pages into a post on the Wowhead forums called "WoW dominates Aoc, Whammer.. etc" says volumes about you. Then bounce back here to reply some more.

Still don't care about WoW?  Still would be rather playing Warhammer huh?  lmao

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Originally posted by Roguewiz

With my system:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM (1066mhz)

GeForce 9600GT

What my computer spec has to do with server lag?

But ok:

6400 core2duo

8800GT 512mb

2gb DDR 800

There are many things that can attribute to a 2-3 second "lag".  However, this isn't necessarily the servers fault.  Alot of problems can be attributed to client side issues: slow system, bad firewalll, unstable internet connection, ect.  Bad firewalls can filter out important stuff.  Think of it from the perspective of making coffee.  If you use 1 filter, you'll have good coffee.  The more filters you use though, the weaker the coffee becomes.  If your Firewall is too strong, you'll have problems.  If you are running too many firewalls, you'll have problems.

CTD:  If you're running Windows VIsta and have 2gig of RAM, while playing WAR; you're going to encounter some problems.  WAR uses 1.7gig of ram constantly.  The more system processes you have, the quicker your RAM fills up.  Once it fills up, it uses your page file.  From there, CTD are more frequent.

My point was, WAR servers are relatively stable.  Alot of the issues are client based, not server based.  My old system I crashed every 30min.  The computer is/was old.  It "met" the required specs, but that alone isn't enough for the game IMO.  Built my new system, and I've crashed maybe 1-2 times since then.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

The last thing that made me stop WAR was when destro attacked our fortress outside of Aldorf. Well....if you call 3-4 secs lag playable then the game was really able to handle the players. But for that's not the case. Mass scale sieges are just not playable.

LoTR never crashed for the 2 months I played it. And of course WoW crashes once every 1-2 months but in WAR I had to switch chars. My human tank ( was it swordbreaker?) crashed 3 out of 4 scenarios. On the Bright Wizad was far better only one crash on every 4-5 sceanarios. And believe me I tried everything.....PC box dust cleaning, reinstall drivers, lowered video settings, even switched display cable from digital to analog /a guy on forum suggested it/......nothing helped.

Lol "my human tank (was it swordbreaker)"!?!?

You are a liar and a troll. You never played the game and are intentionally spreading misinformation and lies. You might have read about it a little but obviously it all got mixed up in your head.

Reported for a miserable low-grade troll you are.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

To the OP.

Look, nowadays no MMO dies.

WAR technically is a good game, but it lacks the fun factor.

Mainly due to Scenarios overpowered (which means no people playing RvR), unbalance in number between the 2 factions, and PvE kinda lacking.

If Mythic can sort those problems the game will do good, but keep in mind this game is never going to challenge WoW in any shape or form.

WoW has too much variety, and it is aimed both to hardcore and casual gamers, while WAR is aiming only for the casuals.

I don't play WAR because the RPG part of the game lacks any challenge whatsoever, it feels more like a multiplayer game at the moment rather than a MMORPG.

But that's my opinion.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

My guilds getn bigger each day and I count online members not total members.
    Like ive said before its EQ vs DAoC all over again. 

Big difference being Daoc RvR mechanics were better than WAR's. And WoW has 15 times more subs than EQ.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Stopped reading at "n00b", shows what kind of person you are really...

• TomarruTomarru Member Posts: 5

Why do people keep comparing launches and states of other MMO's after so many months and what was done and wasnt done within a certain timeframe.

The issue should be WAR now vs WoW now vs whatever else NOW. The game is failing, it wont die, but it will scale back immensely, server merges are the first step on that path, once people switch to other servers they will have to close the empty ones.

The problem with WAR is its instanced / zoned to hell and people dont like that, once you start splitting people up they interact with fewer and fewer people unless everyone progresses at the same rate. The servers also started with a way too small population cap, 500 vs 500 in a world this large is stupid, when everyone was in T1 it was great because PQ's were getting rolled constantly, u saw people everywhere, but 500 vs 500 split over 4 tiers and multiple zones and many of them in scenarios all day. That right there is a recipe for disaster and raising the cap weeks after launch aint gonna make any difference, people had already rolled their servers and weren't gonna reroll so the population began tailing off and it will continue to do so.

Unless mythic adds a huge amount of content to T4, shits over scenarios, compulsory merges 4 or 5 high pop servers into one (open RvR with a bigger selection of players will keep people playing) and builds a worthwhile crafting system the game will continue to fall into the niche market.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I've rarely gotten to post here in the past couple weeks so this'll be fun.

I gotta say most MMO players are nothing but a bunch of punks. Seriously everyone knows whats best for the game their playing.. not playing,... or thinking about playing.. and everyone thinks the game needs to be tailored to their personal needs.

Not a single hardcore MMO player is a serious hardcore gamer.  Immersing yourself in such a flooded genre will only burn you out again and again.  WoW players that think their game is the end all - be all of MMOs, but still can't understand why so many millions of players enjoy "asian" grinders will just never understand.

And to say that WAR is any worse or any better then LOTRO, or WoW is opinion.  Why are you people taking WAR as either your savior or your own personal failure.  Its a game! You either like it or you don't.  All games have bugs -- ALL games do. 

Hey, I'm sorry if WAR stole your girlfriend or something, but stop trying to convice people that this game is unplayable.  I've been playing it.. not nearly as much as I did when it first came out (blame Fable 2 and fallout3) But to think the game wasn't worth the initial 50 bucks nor worth another 15 to renew a subscription when I feel like playing it is ridiculous.

And to all those players that think every new MMO sucks since (WoW, SWG Pre NGE, EQ1), OPEN YOUR EYES, theres a big gaming world outside of MMOs, if you've been grinding WoW for 3 years I think its time to put down your keyboard and pick up a controller.

• StarzStarz Member UncommonPosts: 40

So you're saying console fps games isnt a flooded market?

Or console games in general.

K thanks.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by Starz

So you're saying console fps games isnt a flooded market?
    Or console games in general.
    K thanks.

At least there are many more different variations of FPS, many more types of FPS, better storylines, actual sequences, and goals, have you ever played a game thats not an MMO? And who said picking up a controller meant a console anyway?

Try being diverse for once, when did I ever say anything about a FPS? why not try a platformer? Why not try some puzzle games? Get out of the MMO hole if you think that enjoying WAR is a stupid mistake made by "noob" gamers. WARHAMMER is a good game.

• Ajacks_USAjacks_US Member Posts: 37

Get this little gem, FFXI is stable at a ~500k population and growing slowly.

That game is years old, I doubt Warhammer has anything to fear with its ~750K and growing population.

The server merger stuff is BS, Blizzard was OPENING new servers when they had tons of low population servers, why? Because of a very small group of morons who wanted to be first at everything on a server, after they did that, the server died. People want to play on higher population servers, even more so in a PVP focused game, they are allowing people the option of going to a higher population server for free.

Blizzard only allowed the other way, and no one really went for that.

• TomarruTomarru Member Posts: 5

I don't play WoW, never have, it looks every bit as hideous as WAR but i had made friends that decided to try WAR and i decided to tag along and actually had fun at the beginning.

Right now i have no MMO subs because the good ones either do not exist anymore (SWG pre-cu, thank god emus are coming) or are infact shit (WoW). The thing is the MMO market seems to have reached this plateau where they are all derivative or further scaled back than what came before so what was once huge potential is nothing more than the next grind fest with less content than the grind fest that came before.

I'm sorry that the marketing departments of these MMO's promise the world and its the poor devs that fail to deliver but when you sell me something you better damn well supply it, that is the way the normal world works and its the way the MMO market is beginning to work.

The days of the ship early after a half assed beta and bring the needed content later are over, WoW exists, whether i like it or not that game is the benchmark, it offers a huge variety of things and any new MMO needs to offer said features AT LAUNCH or else sell itself at a much devalued cost to the consumer until the content matches. You sell a service and if it doesnt match the competing service as of right now, as of today then the value of your service is not as high as the value of theirs, its simple economics. However it is economics that have been ignored until now because people had cash to waste and people were gullible and people had no options, things have changed, if you dont match and/or better your opponents you will not survive regardless of good intentions or past glories.

No amount of fanbois saying your praises in clear denial of the state of the game can save you, admit the problem, do something to address the problem and then we can talk. Until then, please stop lying to me and your consumers for it is only you that will pay in the end.

Mythic has created this storm just as much as funcom created theirs and the market doesnt have the patience for it anymore and im thankful for that. Perhaps after a few big casualties this market will stop regurgitating the same old crap that theyve already removed the nutrients from and we can move forward. Until then WoW will be the benchmark sadly.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

aint going to wait for a miracle patch. those that are in tier 4 now boring to tears may want to re-roll one of the new classes and go back and play the lower level scenarios, which they cant access with their rank 40 toon.