Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best MMO?!

CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I listed the most talked about MMOs.

Comments

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

There is no best there is only personal preference...

Btw why do you add 2 different games into one option?

For me: WoW, for one pure and simple fact. Quality, it's the most polished one out there with the least bugs.

The last years we were dumped with unfinished games and I'm glad someone still says no to that practice in the industry. (and not just the MMO part of it)

• WizzoxWizzox Member Posts: 3

Well, my favourite is:

World of Warcraft:

- The community is amazing.

- Updates all the time.

- Great gameplay.

- Exciting action-packed combat.

- Great PvE

What else do you want?

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by tofke

They are owned by the same company and vangurad/eq2 players mostly like both games and both games are basicly the same, same goes for DAOC/WAR.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by Camthylion

They are owned by the same company and vangurad/eq2 players mostly like both games and both games are basicly the same, same goes for DAOC/WAR.

Yet there are EQ2 players who don't touch vanguard and vice versa, and the same with WAR/DAOC. If you truely want an unbiased view split em up. now you'll only get ratings boosted by 2 camps ;)

Most MMO features are based of previous games, so I really think you took a shortcut with saying both games are similar. Anywho enough "whine". It's your poll :)

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

I agree with the above poster that it is all down to personal preference.

Personally the 'best' for me would be WoW. There is nothing out there that to ME reaches that level of polish, content and depth. I also really love the art direction and colour palette. I don't want realism in my games - I have real life for that.

• miscbattlesmiscbattles Member Posts: 92

Real Life is the best MMO

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

You totally skipped Final Fantasy 11.

• j.angelj.angel Member Posts: 23

of the list WOW wins for sure ...

'm tired of some MMO's but now I am playing just Hero Online...

• darkcoud9darkcoud9 Member UncommonPosts: 126

I think this guy is spot on, its all up to the player which game he thinks is the best, For me it was Ultima Online and im looking forward to what Darkfall will bring to the mmorpg genre, it may be the best mmo next year or it might dissapoint like AoC.

------------------------------

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Real Life.   It's such an advanced game you can even use game mechanics to make MMOs.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

Originally posted by paulscott

Real Life.   It's such an advanced game you can even use game mechanics to make MMOs.

hmm ..does second life count? I even heard that they have McDonalds in that mmo....

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

Why limit it to just those few?  Open up the Quick Gamelist and you'll see there's like 10x-100x that, and everyone knows Silkroad Online's the best MMO

• It does come down to personal preference.

I hate WOW.

I like WAR.

WOW does not give me what I want in a game. WAR does.

"Crafting???! This is WARhammer not Crafthammer!"

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

The best mmo?

I dunno, that's a hard question

I liked wow, gw and lotro,..

but i choose for the mmo i'm playing now and that's lotro

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

Originally posted by KyutaSyuko

Why limit it to just those few?  Open up the Quick Gamelist and you'll see there's like 10x-100x that, and everyone knows Silkroad Online's the best MMO

Yep its the best game in the whole wide world if you have a bot program, just cruise the way to max level while watching videos on youtube.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I was just curious if it was all hype or was it true ppl like WoW over all the rest of the MMOs out there and so far lol WoW is winning... I like WoW but I always thought OU offered the best game play...

• lapommelapomme Member Posts: 270

Hard decision between Ultima Online and DAoC.  I would vote for DAoC, but you bunched it with that piece of shit Mythic likes to call "WAR".

• UnDeadKissUnDeadKiss Member Posts: 16

Well it may not be the best ever, but I've been playing Sword of the New World lately (Granado Espada).  Awesome graphics and free!!  I played grind till you puke ( WOW )  for 1 year and then quit.  Here's one for ya.  If they took all the things you can do in Runescape and strapped that with some actual graphics maybe my little bro would stop complaining about the $5 he keeps wasting every month.  lol.  Ok Ok, I played runescape too. 

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621
    Originally posted by Wizzox

Well, my favourite is:
    World of Warcraft:
    - The community is amazing.

- Updates all the time.

- Great gameplay.

- Exciting action-packed combat.

- Great PvE
    What else do you want?

Oh it sure is, not in a good way though.

• a1csimsa1csims Member UncommonPosts: 24

FFXI was the best to me, but out of your list i picked Lotro for its lore and community.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

UO and L2...or anything that isn't a carebearland *points at Borehammer Online*.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Thenarius

UO and L2...or anything that isn't a carebearland *points at Borehammer Online*.

Well, hopefully Gankfest Online will release soon! I can't wait for GO! 

• F2PMMOF2PMMO Member UncommonPosts: 122

EVE is the only MMO that stands apart, whether you like it or not. You'll have a hard time argue that it is not among those much spoken about. So I guess you missed the true star OP.  

I am not dedicated enough to MMOs to play it myself, though it would be to moronic to recommend it without having tried it.

Maybe I'll just pass by and vote for GW.

Just a question of personal taste? If you leave out the just I might agree, but the personal taste may tell more about you than the game you rate, I think.