Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The doom-sayers are n00bs to MMO's, this is a BETTER game than WoW and isn't going to die.

There is a lot of doom-saying on message boards, because the people who are here, and at VN, and wardb posting regularly are NOT playing the game, they're on a forum conplaiming about things rather than enjoying the game.  I'm only posting here now because the servers are down for the 1.04 patch maintenence. The game is not "dying", you simply see more negative posts because most of the  people enjoying it are out there enjoying it, not trolling forums with talk of impending doom. Also, subscription numbers never remain = to the amount of boxes sold, some % of people are inevitably going to stop playing it in the first month for various reasons, same happened with WoW and it didn't start becoming massive until well over a year+ after release and after they launched international versions of the game.. you realize that if they didn't have the game in China and central america now it would cut WoW's population by 1/3 or more, don't you?

Now, a lot of people point to xfire as their source for the game's population drop.. thats crap. Percentage-wise, a lot less people playing WAR use xfire  compared to people playing WoW. Reason being: WAR is far more intensive on your system even on all minimum settings, you can run 4 instances of WoW on a good PC today but only 1 of WAR. Hence, not nearly as many players are not going to willingly run an extra program like xfire to monitor their playtime. can't afford to waste system resources on that with a more intensive game, i'll never use xfire but I plan to play WAR for a long time.

As for the game itself, yeah there are bugs still, and some class balancing needs to be done, and PvE content needs to be expanded, as well as ORvR incenties, but don't you see they're working on it and its coming? They're making updates and fixes to the game almost every other day, this company listens to its players and makes changes according to the overall feedback vs. Blizzard who now that they've polished the game, only listens to the almighty dollar and turned WoW into a CHILDRENS'S GAME, that since TBC launch  has been incresingly dumbed down to accomodate for a wider yet less intelligent player base. 

Bottom line, this game is not going to die, after the WOTLK/LOTRO/EQ2 competition comes and goes people will come back to WAR and I predict this game will slowly gain people over time as it expands in content and replayability. Those who enjoy it will stay and see the game improve over time, those who are whiny little spoiled babies, newbies to MMO, epic failers at life will flock back to WoW for their EZ-Mode instant-reward children's game, and then quit that again the next time something new comes out.

MMO's are about dedication both in the commitment to building your characters and the commitment to playing a game for longer than a month at a time to really get a feel for it and help influence the changes that come. MMO's are essentially live-beta tests, they need lots of people playing them and giving feedback in order to fix bugs and balance classes better. You can't expect the game to be as polished at launch as a game that has been released for 4 years and is live-beta tested by millions of people daily.. that's crazy, of course its going to take time to work everything out.  You people quitting and bashing it after a month or less of playing are such a pathetic example of todays 'on-demand' society though, you take this childish stance of "i'll play this new game for 1 month and one month only, and if its not 100% tailored to my every need and demand by then, I QUIT!"'.

If you're one of those types, MMO's really arent for you, find a different hobby, and see a doctor for some ADHD medicine.

Comments

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

You know that the vast majority of sceptics towards the game at the moment are NOT saying this game will die soon, right?

Most are just stating that it has serious flaws at the moment, population and balancingwise. For many many people this is not a gamebreaker, but for many it is. So basically, if you enjoy the game, why do you care for population numbers? They don't mean s**t, one healthy populated server is enough to make a game fun.

And Mythic already knows and said (esp. MJ) that the current scenario grind and population imbalances are a problem. To defy it is ridiculous, what matters is how much YOU as a player can stand the current problems, if you come from games like EvE or LotRO where community is a huge factor, you might quit, if you come from Guildwars or WoW, where instanced PvP and easy to acquire groups are the norm, you surely have a higher tolerance towards WARs current state.

but honestly, hardly anyone says "this game will die", it won't; it just won't be a nuclear-blast-title that revolutionizes the genre...

M

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

My guilds getn bigger each day and I count online members not total members.

Like ive said before its EQ vs DAoC all over again. 

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by meltphaces

You people quitting and bashing it after a month or less of playing are such a pathetic example of todays 'on-demand' society though, you take this childish stance of "i'll play this new game for 1 month and one month only, and if its not 100% tailored to my every need and demand by then, I QUIT!"'.

You're wrong.

The difference with MMO's is that they require a fee to play. Why would I continue to pay for a game that I didn't enjoy in the hope that it will get better. I don't owe it to the developers to keep subsidising their game indefinitely. If I play a game but don't enjoy it, I will cancel. If however it shows promise, I will keep an eye on it and return later on to see if the issues have been fixed.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Is WAR a better game? I think so. Will it ever be more successful, not unless something magical happens.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles. I'm suprised with WoW's shift to arena/BGs that WAR didn't pull more players.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

I currently play WAR.

I use to play WoW but now despise it for what it has turned into.

There is no doubt in my mind that WoW is currently a far better game than WAR...and it isnt even close.

WAR has a lot of potential, but it needs to hurry up and realize that potential before its too late.

I wont be renewing my subscription but will be keeping a close eye on patch notes and forums to see how they go.  But if DF releases well over the next few months, me and many other pvp'ers will not be returning to WAR.

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

• greydorgreydor Member Posts: 153

to the op

your whole argument never stated why anyone should play the game all you did was whine and insult  people that are quitting the game

if people see that as your message you are hurting the game more then helping as it makes it look like a very immature community

as to bringing WOW into the argument wrong way to go just makes you seem even more whiny

people left WOW to play this game if the game couldn't hold them don't blame WOW

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

You really can't say with certainty that WAR won't die, nor can you say it will beat WoW.  There are people that are saying WAR is dead/dying.  However, most of these people are fanbois of WoW or didn't play WAR.  Of the people that have played WAR and are complaining, most of it is in regards to some flaws the game has.  These flaws are being corrected as fast as Mythic can test and release hotfixes.  Overall the game is solid.  It had a wonderful start coming out the gate, probably the best release to date or one of them.

Server Population is the major flaw in this game.  33 NA Core Servers, 8 RP Servers, 4 RvR servers (off the top of my head).  Honestly, is it really necessary to have 8 RP servers?  Isn't 33 NA Core servers a little excessive?  Mythic probably over compensated and opened too many.  This is the cause of the server inbalances.  While a healthy population can make the game fun for those on that server, an imbalance can destroy the game for people not on those servers.  As such, people are either quitting or switching to other servers.  When this is done, more inbalances happen.

I think the average player in WAR that is still playing, have become jaded with the current state of the MMO market.  WoW dominates.  Dominates too much in fact.  I know, at least for my guild, these players are PvPers.  They enjoy meaningful PvP that is fun.  To them, and me, WoW is not that.  I think this is why we tolerate WAR more; we simply don't want to go back to WoW.

WAR WILL die if it doesn't correct the server inbalances, which they are working on via transfers sometimes this week or next.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

This game wont die as much as some people would like. It is stable enough to run decently at all the lower levels with a simple computer. I am not sure what happens when as many people as Mythic envisions log on at the same time during one of their "epic" bloodbattles. That remains to be seen because.. There simply aren't enough on at the same time to do that sort of thing properly. I dont know if this game would simply wheeze and choke with several hundred people for an extended period of time. Im certainly not an expert on a technical issue so I would not even want to guess or pretend to know. But it has been expressed by others with that knowledge in posts that may happen. Again, i dont know one way or the other.

I dont think that just because someone says the game is bad for them, they are a n00b. You are really opening yourself up for some slamming in the replies to come for that comment, especially when you don't quantify what YOU have played in the past and what you lay down as a 'respectable' MMO gaming background. Im not one of those anal retentives that go back and check your bio to see what you posted on in the past. I could care less. The only thing that ever matters anyway is what someone posts in any given message at the time its written. Opinions change.

You only have so few posts yourself, so to come in and jump over people who have played many MMOs (as you see under their tags) is incendiary. Judging by your post and using your type of logic, it appears you only have some knowledge about one game, Wow. So someone could say your are a noob cause all you've played is that and your fanboi reaction defense of this game is shortsighted.

As for the childrens game comment, this game, no offense is one of the most kid friendly MMOs I have ever seen. Control wise, experience wise, crafting wise, graphic wise. I don't see anything complicated with this game or the gameplay at all. Mythic designed it that way, to be child/teen friendly cause they knew that was gonna be their base. The base they are trying to get from Wow. The only complications this game could ever is the 'challenge' of the human opponents. But if they arent very good, thats not much either. Please to not represent Whammer as some sort of thinking man's game. Its just as push buttony as any PvE game. And when you look at the amount of supposed PvE REQUIRED gear grinding necessary, then its really not gonna be much different from WoW.

There is not war "all the time" and "everywhere" in this game unless you are on a PvP server. And IMO.. what would a real PvP fan (metalkillers) go to those ones anyway? Why play on the carebear "dont hit me unless Im tagged" servers?

This game is just as casual as any MMO. The problem is,, a PvP game will not thrive in a 'casual' environment. Again, this game will not fail but it certainly will NOT achieve the numbers or success they long for deep down, esp with new expansions gaming content for other games and brand NEW pvp games and others releasing very soon. This game has a small window to grab as many people now and make them believers cause later, they won't be able to turn anyone this way.

Kill some servers now or be embarrassed later.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Show me one piece of hard evidence that says Warhammer is growing?

1. Box sales continue to plummet off the charts, which means very few new players

2. 50% of Xfire users(5% of War players)  that played the game a month ago are no longer playing it.    How much does that imply about non-xifre players?  Who knows... but it is a significant number.  Even if you assume every non-xfire player resubscribed, it still shows a 10k drop in players from last month.

3.  The biggest announcement made in the last few weeks is that server mergers are coming soon.  Again, not a sign of a growing game.

There is simply no piece of evidence that points to Warhammer ever having as many players as it has today.   You also have to worry about MJ lying about not being able to give subscription numbers.   Yesterday WOW announced 11M subscribers which clearly shows that a publicly traded company CAN announce subscription numbers when it is something they are proud of.   MJ instead insists on throwing out misleading numbers like 'accounts created' rather than saying 'games sold".

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

Its a fun game, and I'm sure I'll play it for years to come as long as they keep adding content to it :)

Having a blast in keep sieges and open world rvr is what was missing for me in wow and I like it in warhammer.

That and the fact that mythic actually put in true Oceanic based servers with maintenance times amenable to the region.

Naysayers, doom and gloom people and people who just are haters and spend their lives posting stats, articles and saying how games will fail are just sad individuals with bad attention seeking habits and should be ignored.

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

LMAO, I stopped reading your reply popinjay after this line

"I am not sure what happens when as many people as Mythic envisions log on at the same time during one of their "epic" bloodbattles. That remains to be seen because.. There simply aren't enough on at the same time to do that sort of thing properly."

I have been part of open RvR battles where there were at LEAST 100 toons on the field, slugging it out, gloriouslly, was the funnest thing I had experienced yet, and it was only t3 seiging.  Truly what the game is about for sure.......nod, I bet you either are affected by the afk scenario whores, OR, you are all vocal here, and not there on your server.......one might be suprised at what a little bit of rallying on your own accord might get you......

I too am plagued by these scenario only players on my server, but I can tell you of 3 times now that I have rallied the people that were present, and was able to get them to head to the RvR lake that was under attack, and 2 of those times we not only had a blast, but whooped Destro with a meaness, heretics were burned!

Lo and behold, some of those players had their blinders of what they think WAR is about lifted, a couple even ended up in my guild and are RvR fiends.

I am not saying this will happen for everyone out there, but Mythic DOES and is listening to it's playerbase, and is not only implementing things to fix these "issues" but have a timely agenda of when it will be in game.

I can appreciate teh OP and what they were trying to do with this post, but the comparrisons of WoW and WAR need to stop, the games are NOT even in the right categorie of MMO game type to be compared, jfc, ROFL.....WoW is not and never will be a RvR based game play MMO, and WAR is not, and will not ever be a mainly PvE based raid oriented game play MMO......

Your only real comparrisons at all are the sim graphic styles which blizzard ripped off from this MUCH older IP to begin with, oh that and a few interface character interaction proogression tools, OH SNAP, and Scenarios......unfortunatley you can compare ALL of what WoW PvP is with ONE aspect of WAR's progression mechanic, my bad

Well to be fair to Whammer, I dont think the issue is accounts created or boxes sold.

The real numbers are accounts RETAINED and MAINTAINED. And that is a number we will never see posted. Thats the true indicator of how good a game is.

Side note:  I do know why Mythic will not close servers. Even in WoW darkest days they never had to close one. Mythic feels it would send a surrender message to Blizzard (and the gaming community) if they have to close servers. Someone pointed out in another post that a server "merge" is a nicer way of saying you know your girl is not so hot looking, but you still love her anyway,without getting your buddies razzing on your case about her looks.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Azrile

1. Box sales continue to plummet off the charts, which means very few new players
    2. 50% of Xfire users(5% of War players)  that played the game a month ago are no longer playing it.    How much does that imply about non-xifre players?  Who knows... but it is a significant number.  Even if you assume every non-xfire player resubscribed, it still shows a 10k drop in players from last month.
    3.  The biggest announcement made in the last few weeks is that server mergers are coming soon.  Again, not a sign of a growing game.
    There is simply no piece of evidence that points to Warhammer ever having as many players as it has today.   You also have to worry about MJ lying about not being able to give subscription numbers.   Yesterday WOW announced 11M subscribers which clearly shows that a publicly traded company CAN announce subscription numbers when it is something they are proud of.   MJ instead insists on throwing out misleading numbers like 'accounts created' rather than saying 'games sold".

Tbh, I think he's using the fact that Mythic is part of the publicly traded company to their benefit. I believe they're not allowed to release those numbers *without* EA's consent. But I think they're conveniently leaving that part out.

Nothing most other companies wouldn't do mind you but I just can't think of any legal reason they would *not* be allowed to mention sub numbers from their *own* game except for some kind of agreement between them and EA.

• DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Meridion

Most are just stating that it has serious flaws at the moment, population and balancingwise. For many many people this is not a gamebreaker, but for many it is. So basically, if you enjoy the game, why do you care for population numbers? They don't mean s**t, one healthy populated server is enough to make a game fun.

It is not enough if you want content updates. Maybe some players can do without but many can't

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by popinjay

Well to be fair to Whammer, I dont think the issue is accounts created or boxes sold.
    The real numbers are accounts RETAINED and MAINTAINED. And that is a number we will never see posted. Thats the true indicator of how good a game is.
    Side note:  I do know why Mythic will not close servers. Even in WoW darkest days they never had to close one. Mythic feels it would send a surrender message to Blizzard (and the gaming community) if they have to close servers. Someone pointed out in another post that a server "merge" is a nicer way of saying you know your girl is not so hot looking, but you still love her anyway,without getting your buddies razzing on your case about her looks.

The fact that Mark Jacobs said the sign of a healthy and growing game is if they keep adding servers in the first 6 weeks or so after release isn't exactly shining a holy light upon him in retrospect either. Some things really come back to bite.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

This will settle in to being a niche game like many others.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

1.  People keep saying "box sells are falling". Well, that is to be expected. WAR, in essence is a PvP game. WoW is a PvE game. WAR appeals to a SMALLER majority of the MMO market.

2.  XFire is a chat program that allows friends that play different games to keep track of each other. It in noway signifires a real means to chart numbers. The numbers give a fair guesstimate, but thats all it is; a guess.

3.  If you would have read my post, you will notice that I said "over-compensated" and "too many servers".  I can understand the stigmata of server transfers/mergers, however you can argue that this isn't the case for WAR.  If after the servers, WAR is still not growing or servers are still barren; then we'll need to have reason for alarm.  Don't assume that this means the game is dying.

* Golf Clap *  Blizzard has 11m subscriptions world wide.  Who cares?  Of those subscriptions, how many are NOT gold-farmers?  The only numbers that matter, when compared to WAR; are US, Austrailia, and Europe.

Whether or not Mythic can or cannot release information is irrelevant.  Blizzard is probably releasing those numbers as a means to flex their dev-peen .  Active subscriptions is what matters.  You can't hold WAR to a different standard that what Blizzard said.  Blizzard says they have 11m subscriptions world-wide.  Mythic announced 750k.  Accurate?  Who knows.  Doubt if you like.  WAR is a solid game.  It won't dethrone WoW, but it will make Blizzard a little worriesome.  Competition is needed in the market.  WoW is way to big.  Variety is good.  Up until WAR, WoW was the only "real" choice.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity

Or maybe it is because the game is only a month and a half old from release?!  LMAO, even if my numbers were hitting close to a mil subs, I wouldn't post that chit, I would keep right on fine tuning, and ensuring longevity. 

A year under my belt and unless it just fail boated so bad it was embarresing, then post these numbers everyone seems so hungry to see, who teh f$%k cares how many active subs there are, are you playing?!  Are you having fun, that's all you need!  LMAO, has Mythic truly dissappointed you with their product, or their "lack of attention" to what their playerbase is saying wanting, these are real questions, not.....OMG, WAR hasn't hit even sub #'s of WoW from 2006 at it's lowest yet!! 

I have NEVER seen WAR as a WoW "killer" was never meant to be, and as I have posted before, flaws come with code, and even after a closed beta ends, and a title is released, technically it is still in beta till it's dying breath, otherwise you wouldn't have patches that, OH SNAP fix bugs, and flawed code.

This is a better game then, blah blah,  here is a real comparrison, this is a better game then Dark and Light, which is the closest title besides DAoC you can compare the gameplay and mechanics too really.....

I dare any of you to deny this is one of the tighest MMO launches in years.......besides the few issues (which ARE being addressed in a more then timely manner) what other MMOs that are out RIGHT now can you actually compare WAR to, that are RvR based game play?!

EDIT - and many good points up there Roguewiz......but I disagree,  I like the way a new VG player put it who recently quit WoW, there are that many people playing WoW, because "everyone is doing it" and teh fact WoW is solid outta teh box, get it and go, A,B,C.....   =P

Well Sirlorn, glad I gave you a chuckle :)

But I got one too when you post "I have been part of RvR battles where at least 100 toons on the field". Err, isnt it meant to hold more than 100? 100 sure doenst sound like a lot to me, and thats the point of this guys post. Numbers.

My basic is, unless they can retain the numbers you wont even have to worry about more than 100 people fighting and wondering about stress levels. Mythic envisioned HUNDREDS doing that, not 100. But again, I told you Im not techinical and thats not what I said about the RvR. Other T4s said that who know better. My toon never got past T3 before it got the sparseness of my server kicked in. (Tor something server). I couldnt take the silence in there for the type of gameplay given. It was like playing Vanguard, which at least has things like crafting and diplomacy  you can do solo when no one to group with.

I just think they should kill servers from what I personally had seen. It was a constant gripe in there and apparantly still is. So that MAY point that Mythic cannot sustain its true numbers and the shiny 'Palin Effect' is starting to wear off. They wont crash out as Ive said many times, but they wont ever expand this games base but so far. Its gonna be niche.

If those other PvP games, Darkfall Aion and GuildWars 2 and others come out with smoother play, fresher graphics and more polished, Whammer better looks out.

• rbroussarbroussa Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Dilweed

Originally posted by Meridion

It is not enough if you want content updates. Maybe some players can do without but many can't

Content update? The game is just over a month old. Name one game that has had a major content update in the first month? They are at least constantly fixing issues and trying to balance the scenario vs. RVR issues people are complaining about. With the upcoming server transfers they are at least giving people the option to find a new home with more players. They have already announced a couple of the missing classes and other content in December. The game if far from perfect believe me I know, I crash to the log in screen at least once every 30 minutes. But for anyone complaining about a lack of content updates you obvioulsy have not played many games, most who give free content updates do it every 3-6 months depending on the devs. I will be canceling myself until December in hopes that the bugs are fixed and the servers shake out. And Azrile is it your mission in life to troll EVERY game on this site, you are a pitiful shell of a person to comment on every thread on the forums how your game WOW is so much more supeior than any said MMOs. What a coward you use a however old game, WOW, to put down new and improving games.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Azrile

Havnt you beatn the poor horse enough.  How many more months will you spend on this forum instead of a forum for a game you like.

Cant wait till the servers are back up so I can play a game instead of hanging out in this forum.

Alot of people liked EQ didnt mean other companys didnt make profit.  Mythic is making money and thats all they care about they never tried to be the "WoW killer" just like they didnt try to be the "EQ killer"

Give it a rest Nancy Drew. The game will do fine you dont need subs in the millions to have a game with a steady amount of players and updates. 

Originally posted by popinjay

Well Sirlorn, glad I gave you a chuckle :)
    But I got one too when you post "I have been part of RvR battles where at least 100 toons on the field". Err, isnt it meant to hold more than 100? 100 sure doenst sound like a lot to me, and thats the point of this guys post. Numbers.
    My basic is, unless they can retain the numbers you wont even have to worry about more than 100 people fighting and wondering about stress levels. Mythic envisioned HUNDREDS doing that, not 100. But again, I told you Im not techinical and thats not what I said about the RvR. Other T4s said that who know better. My toon never got past T3 before it got the sparseness of my server kicked in. (Tor something server). I couldnt take the silence in there for the type of gameplay given. It was like playing Vanguard, which at least has things like crafting and diplomacy  you can do solo when no one to group with.
    I just think they should kill servers from what I personally had seen. It was a constant gripe in there and apparantly still is. So that MAY point that Mythic cannot sustain its true numbers and the shiny 'Palin Effect' is starting to wear off. They wont crash out as Ive said many times, but they wont ever expand this games base but so far. Its gonna be niche.
    If those other PvP games, Darkfall Aion and GuildWars 2 and others come out with smoother play, fresher graphics and more polished, Whammer better looks out.

LMFAO, dude, this was 100 toons in a small section of one pairing in a zone!!  With seige cannons, and other goodies that all have to be rendered, along with all dem packets you call players that your PC has to also make real purdy like and in sync so when you button smash your keyboard, you actually get the desired result.  The point was this, the game in its present state can obviouslly support these types of battles, what other MMO out RIGHT now can (stable) say the same?!  Let's see the same numbers in an AoC seige, HAR HAR.....CTD.....boom CTD.....I guarentee!     Let's look at it this way, wtf are you expecting, the whole server to converge in a t3 area that is under seige, or what is your point?

This game is gonna be niche, HAHAHA......you are talking about a game that is designed around game play that is BY FAR the smaller part of a community as a whole, I wish PvP players actually came close to PvE players numbers, and that my friend is part of teh problem too, it isn't Mythic did this wrong or Mythic miscalculated this, it is MOST players sub'd to WAR and weren't core PvPers to start with!  Logged into a Realm vs Realm mechanic game with a PvE mindset, plain and simple.

And to your last statement, well, first off......LMAO, Darkfall, TCoS and MortalOnline are the ONLY real fresh PvP games that will release, they are not RvR in design, what they are though are as true as can be to date Skill based PvP oriented games, with Active Targeting, there isn't any omg ASSIST UberTank_01, as you have to aim, and actually adjust to a different game play mechanic all together, I haven't been following GW2 but Aion is NOT teh new "PvP' game, I guarentee, heh.....and graphics....rofl, Warhammer, Gamers Workshop the holders of the IP stayed true to their mythos with their (I hate to say it) WoW'ish fantasy graphics.....OMG, smell the coffee, Blizzard ripped off Gamers Workshop with their current big money franchise to begin with!

I now give you PEW PEW and cut your reasoining to shreds, come play on Wolfenburg, Destro please so I can make you burn heretic....../chuckle

• I always love reading the doom-sayers and their posts. Here is a little information for all you doom-sayers of games.

1. No game has ever launched without problems. There is no way a company can foresee problems with a live game untill it goes live. Sure they can get it down to a minimal amout. But you don't know how a car runs till you drive it down the road as to say.

2. Most MMO companies have always worked the problems out given a little time.

3. Some of the worst games are still online. I can think of one that got so many bad posts and went down as the only MMO that lost 3/4 of it's subscribers the first month. But it is still there...

4. If you pesonally like a game, you will play it no matter what others say. So why even waste time making negative posts about a game you don't like and go find one you do like.

5. Every game comes down to what you want out of a game. There are games out there for everyone of all age groups. (One of the meanest PvP players I ever seen was an 82 year old woman. I loved going alongside killing people with her)

6. For you forum trolls who never even play a game. And for those who post on games you havn't played. How can you make a comment on something you havn't even done? That is like me saying I don't like pizza when I have never eaten one. (hehe I love pizza)

7. Every game has population ups and downs.

8. When a game first launches there is an imbalance of zones. This is due because... opps there are only 10 people on this server who are level 30. When a game first launches this happens. The hardcore 300 hour a week gamers are up near the top and the weekenders are still back at the begining. And hardly anyone is in between. It will balance out after awhile.

9. Get your facts before you post. Nothing more embarrasing than making a post and not having your facts right. Know what your are posting about before you post. (All the things in this post I searched up and also know from experience). Don't embarras yourself.

There you have it. Some true facts about gaming. Instead of doom-saying and negative posts spend that time finding a game you like. People who like a game will play no matter what you say. Reminds me of the top "10 worst things a gamer could hear" list. (don't remember where I seen it). But one of them was SOE just took over your game. Even I know that SOE has bad karma with most gamers. But they still have their games and enough players to keep them going...

• LisakaLisaka Member Posts: 31

The last thing that made me stop WAR was when destro attacked our fortress outside of Aldorf. Well....if you call 3-4 secs lag playable then the game was really able to handle the players. But for that's not the case. Mass scale sieges are just not playable.

Crashes to desktop during scenarios wasn't pleasent either. And don't blame my system please, only WAR makes it out of the 20-30 games I've played on this PC.

Originally posted by Lisaka

The last thing that made me stop WAR was when destro attacked our fortress outside of Aldorf. Well....if you call 3-4 secs lag playable then the game was really able to handle the players. But for that's not the case. Mass scale sieges are just not playable.
    Crashes to desktop during scenarios wasn't pleasent either. And don't blame my system please, only WAR makes it out of the 20-30 games I've played on this PC.

Please name the most recent MMO, and I mean MMO, that you have NEVER had a crash happen with your system?  Thanks