Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scenario Online = Warhammer... and...

Scenarios is all people do here, i play on 3 different servers, i find no groups for PQ, i find no groups for common PvE.

i see players standing around waiting for Nordenwatch, Tor Anroc or Mourkhain temple. Always the same.

Tor Anroc is the worst designed scenario in a mmorpg ever.

Nordenwatch is 99% won by order

Mourkhain is the only that is fun for a while

thats the whole game atm......

RvR is dead aswell, they can boost renwon, xp for 1000% and no one goes there. I treid some Keep taking, i got little xp and some renown in 1 hour, i could have gotten 10-15x more in scenarios.

PvE is dead, PvE XP is horrible, it should be Boosted 300-500% to become worth all the childish running around.

Doomfist , temple are fun, but everyone signs for TA...

i tried hard to love this game in the last weeks, gave it a second chance, brought my DoK to 27 and my AM to 23 but its just boring , slow and feels like a horrible grind.

i subscribed last week after my free period but i am almost sure i wont subscribe again. I cant pay for a game where i play the same scenario again and again just to have the same level speed than other players.

i did PvE for a few days, all my guildmates outleveled me  minimum 5 levels in the same time by doing scenarios. its impossible to do PvE in this game and keep up with others..

/bad english sorry

Comments

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

You're lucky.  Other than the occasional chance to siege a keep back from Order; RvR AND Scenarios are "dead" on my server.  The only option is for me to grind away quests in hopes that once I hit 40, I'll have some meaningful PvP/RvR to do.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

People do scenarios over and over because they want to level while PvPing. If and when Open RvR becomes more prevalent it won't be as bad. Also at least each tier has different scenario maps. It isn't like WoW where you have the same maps over and over no matter what your level bracket.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

You think Tor Anroc is bad wait till T4 and all you have is serpants passage.

I am also running very thin on patience with this title now,Last night for the 1st time in maybe a week there was keep taking/defending going on,the desto guys were well organised and and a pretty huge force,us order guys tried our best to defend the keeps and even though it was pretty obvious we couldnt withing stand the sheer number's we gave it a good go and was fun....for about an hour.

The battle moved to dragonwake and I couldnt believe the numbers of order just standing there waiting for the scenario to pop,I mean here was a huge desto force taking over the keeps(what this game was supposed to be about) and here are player's that dont want nothing to do with that and quite happy running SP over and over again,I aint talking about lower level 30's either there were quite a few level 40's.

My sub runs till mid November and I really at this point cant see me subbing again,during the day if I play there is nothing to do but...you guessed it SP,the crafting doesnt offer enough of a distraction,pq's are all but dead,no-one wants to run the level 40 dungeons and Bastion stair happens at peak times but thats really when I would hope for some rvr.

Maybe it is me and I missed the point of WAR and it is me that is being stupid for wanting to do keep takes/defense.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

Not WoW bashing but in a way it is to blame for the "stand around and wait till a battleground pops" mentality.

I have said for a few years now that WoW was the best and worst thing that has happened to the MMOPRG genre. This is a "worst" example.

• tetammothtetammoth Member Posts: 108

this game is indeed a hard test for my patience, often i dont have the will to loose another Scenario and just log out, thats happeing more often now 

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

I dont know ?

My Server Drakwald Works to take keeps... Destuction does a Very good job at controling the zones!

Even Thou Order seems to out number us ?  We wont let that stop us!

Its just going to take time, even the King Of MMOs was slow at first to get it right?

I help our Team take 2 Keeps in one day and another one back that night.. It was Fun!

I love my Guild on Drakwald they like doing RVR and Raid.. :)

We just need to get WarGroups up, thats were the fun is!

Find a Good Server and get in a Guild and Go attack there zones, they will come!

Scenarios  LOL thats not were the war is?!?   Thats just to pass the time away.. :( 

Go to RVR zone ! You see death and you kill a few too.. rofl

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

People do scenarios over and over because they want to level while PvPing. If and when Open RvR becomes more prevalent it won't be as bad. Also at least each tier has different scenario maps. It isn't like WoW where you have the same maps over and over no matter what your level bracket.

HAHAHA, yes, different maps, that's why in t3 all you ever get queued up for is Tor or as I like to call it, Happy lava toss funtime. 

And most do scenarios over and over cause they don't actually get or aren't interested in the full mechanic of the game, which is RvR, most of teh scenario whores (TM) that are only doing scenarios till they hit t4 are gonna be your sheepfodder when it comes to open RvR which IS "end game" for all intense purposes.

If i Sign up for anything else than TA i never get into a scenario. I have no other choice thats whats pissing me off. 

Originally posted by Threetowns

I dont know ?
    My Server Drakwald Works to take keeps... Destuction does a Very good job at controling the zones!
    Even Thou Order seems to out number us ?  We wont let that stop us!
    Its just going to take time, even the King Of MMOs was slow at first to get it right?
    I help our Team take 2 Keeps in one day and another one back that night.. It was Fun!
    I love my Guild on Drakwald they like doing RVR and Raid.. :)
    We just need to get WarGroups up, thats were the fun is!
    Find a Good Server and get in a Guild and Go attack there zones, they will come!
    Scenarios  LOL thats not were the war is?!?   Thats just to pass the time away.. :( 
    Go to RVR zone ! You see death and you kill a few too.. rofl

thats a german server or ?

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

Drakwald  Is US server  sorry i left that out..

Guild  Wrath realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmwar/GuildInfo.war

• All through development and all the way up to launch, Mythic said the whole time that this was a RvR based game. It's all about the PvP. That is why there are only 4 collecting skills and just 2 crafting skills and they are just basic ones at that. They said the main goal was not about crafting or questing, but PvP. And that means most people are going to be about the scenarios and open RvR.

I am not saying anything bad about you or what you are saying. I just wanted to note that WAR is all about RvR. If you are more into the PvE and Questing then purhaps this is not the game for you. Do not feel bad about it. I do not play WOW cause it is all about the PvE and Questing until you hit max level then it's all about dungeons over and over and over, to get your legendary gear. If you do not like a game, go find one you do. No sense in making a post with all the things you do not like about it. WAR is about RvR. It's been about that ever since it went into development.

I personally loved the news conference they had and one of the people in the crowd asked. "What about crafting in the game". Here was the response lol.

"Crafting???! THIS IS WAR!! Not Crafthammer!. Sure we'll throw a little crafting in there, but this game is all about RvR war, bashing and maiming your enemy"

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

The problem is Eckobah is there isnt that much RvR going on,sure maybe once or twice a week there is keep sieges etc but the rest of the time it is scenario's,so with that in mind  and given the sarcastic response they gave the news conference about not being crafthammer maybe the op is right and they should not have called it warhammer but scenariohammer.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

I haven't played a single scenario for 2 weeks.  I'm 40 and open world RvR all day all night.  Loads of fun and better renown.  Once they fix the xp i'm sure lower level with do this too.  Actually my lower level guildies are already getting 5-7k per kill on enemy players.

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134

I have had zero, null, 0, nada, zip, problems to find OrVr. Just yesterday there was a massive fight  between Chaos and Empire, we fought over the Stonetroll and Mandfreds keeps in troll country and Ostland. There was fights scattered all the way between the two keeps.

I have yet to come to a day where i dont find alot of  OrVr in this game. Well, im of for some RvR entertainment....cya all

• Originally posted by daylight01

The problem is Eckobah is there isnt that much RvR going on,sure maybe once or twice a week there is keep sieges etc but the rest of the time it is scenario's,so with that in mind  and given the sarcastic response they gave the news conference about not being crafthammer maybe the op is right and they should not have called it warhammer but scenariohammer.

There is plenty of open RvR on the server i am on. Every night. Heck, the guild I am in even owns a t4 keep and we have to go out and defend it all the time. Purhaps you are just on a low population server??

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Eckobah

All through development and all the way up to launch, Mythic said the whole time that this was a RvR based game. It's all about the PvP. That is why there are only 4 collecting skills and just 2 crafting skills and they are just basic ones at that. They said the main goal was not about crafting or questing, but PvP. And that means most people are going to be about the scenarios and open RvR.

I'd have agreed with this if they hadn't put crafting in so extremely late (last few weeks), and actually committed themselves publically to adding more crafts soon. Mark even said the crafting system was his own personal baby.

I 'll sooner believe they just didn't get around to it before release time rather than the idea that they felt "we don't need it, this is PvP"

• cptnj4cptnj4 Member Posts: 168

To the OP:  This is exactly why I cancelled my account.  I really loved this game from beta through release, however, the further I progressed, the more focus there was on Scenarios.   I play on one of the "higher" population servers on Destro side, at least that's where my main was.  I have characters in the mid 20s on multiple servers and I can say without a doubt this is a widespread problem.  I could not find anyone to group with most of the time, there is little to no communication ever in any of the chats.   The only reason I even joined guilds on some of my alts was to have people to talk to. 

I loved the idea of PQ's but for most of my time from level 25+ I could not find anyone to group with for PQ's and even if we did it would be maybe 1 run and then everyone would book.   Open RvR doesn't even exist on my server except for maybe during an hour during peak times when people actually try to take keeps.  

Sitting around waiting for Scenarios to pop is not something I want to do and after the 400th time running the same Scenario, because we all know that only 1 scenario in each tier is actually played, it gets very stale.  This game has tons of promise and if they ever raise the server caps or figure out how to fix the population imbalance and the lack of any sort of Massive feeling I'll be back to check it out.  

• Raiz1Raiz1 Member Posts: 177

Scenario's presented the best way to level up originally. So new players are being told to hit scenarios early and often to level uo.

PQ's be damned, but PQs are are probably one of the most fun and convenient aspects of WAR outside fo the RVR areas.

If you want to cancel, just keep in mind that the free transfers are coming in December. Mythic made a critical error in not pushing the game live with just a few servers with the rest on standby. They needed to have the initial launch servers over-crowded and then allow for trickle into med/med servers. Instead the population is spread out on servers where they think the name is "cool.

Hang in there. This is a phenomenal game.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I started playing a week ago and find the game to be well done. The biggest issue so far I have and it's making me lean toward not paying 15 a month is the lack of people to play with. I picked a busy server in the hopes I would find people just starting out knowing the game is a month old.

Like others have said the PQ quests could be great but rarely do I find anyone there let alone enough to finish it. The only place I find people to play with is scenarios and after my first try I now know why. The exp / renown plus rewards make it the best place to level and get rewards per minute played by far. Not only that you can enter the scenarios from anywhere in the world.

When I wanted to try open rvr I had no idea where to go let alone how far I would have to travel to join in. You would think the part of the game they wanted everyone to use would have much more information while playing and easier access to join in. When I finally got to my first open rvr the zone it was a empty waste land.

I have no magic fix but something needs to be done for a game that has the illusion of no people is a game that will most likely fail in the long run.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I agree with you there all WARHAMMER did well was scenarios and rvr to an extent the classes and quests & crafting in thia game are terrible and not worth rly getting excited over. I didnt have high hopes for WAR I knew it was gonna be bland and only offer casual pvp, but alot of people like the game. persoanly for me AoC was the last of this generation MMO I was excited over and it was a failure in my book now im stuck waiting for a next generation MMO... untill then i'll stick with guild wars or play my offline games.