Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My personal feelings for sword of the new world

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Ok listen, This is what happens with me in this game, Its really odd but its the truth. I played sword of  the new world. I did the beta, I did the playing after the beta, I was there when most of the beta core group left. I quit around the time of... oct 2007. Came back I belive it was March or so of 2008 To try out what had changed....NOTHING! Still a grind, Still lacking in quests and depth, Still beautiful visuals and amazing music. I keep coming back to the game, not because I love to play it, but because I love to see it, and to hear it. Its a aesthetic work of art.

The same can't be said for the boring uninspired repetitive and dull game play. Which is a real shame, because if K2 ever learns to add REAL quests, That give REAL exp rewards, We are talking like 4-6% of a level since the grind is so slow. And questing that has more to do than just Kill X number of Y mob. This game could trully be the best mmorpg I ever played. I wish that the game play was decent. I really do, The style is gold, The visuals are amazing, the music is inspiring! Honestly if the game play was not such a total peace of trash this game could be very very good! but Alas, they don't seem to understand this at K2,  And its really to bad, Because they could have way more players on this than they have now if they just made a few changes with the grind and exp. I did a review for this game back in octover of 2007, a year ago. And very little will change when I update my review of it next month. I believe I was a fair critic.

http://rr.pc.ign.com/rrview/pc/sword_of_the_new_world_granado_espada/879263/73496/

Comments

• WinterfreshWinterfresh Member Posts: 73

As much fun as it is to blame K2 for everything, it's actually not their fault this time. K2 is only the publisher for North America and Europe. The developers, IMC Games, are the ones you should complain to for the mediocre gameplay.

And please don't bump every old topic in this forum.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Yes k2 only hosts the servers, like the other poster said IMC is the one to blame but then again the feedback had to go through k2.

• angelsfangangelsfang Member Posts: 93

I love how so many western gamers only blame the western PUBLISHERS but are so afraid to criticize or even utter a bad word about the actual DEVELOPERS, the korean companies.  It's like some kind of fetish azn worship, Korean companies can do no wrong.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827
    Originally posted by Winterfresh

As much fun as it is to blame K2 for everything, it's actually not their fault this time. K2 is only the publisher for North America and Europe. The developers, IMC Games, are the ones you should complain to for the mediocre gameplay.

actually publishers can tweak the game to their own liking, xp rate is something they definitely can set themselves, i agree that for the quests u can blame the korean developer, but the problem lies at the publisher too

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• jmerriexjmerriex APB Reloaded ProducerMember Posts: 149
    Originally posted by 3on1

actually publishers can tweak the game to their own liking, xp rate is something they definitely can set themselves, i agree that for the quests u can blame the korean developer, but the problem lies at the publisher too

Actually we cannot "tweak" the XP rate, that is something that imcGAMES determines. While there are XP events that publishers can do (with the permission of the developer usually), the base XP rates are normally determined by the developer.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Calintz333

Ok listen, This is what happens with me in this game, Its really odd but its the truth. I played sword of  the new world. I did the beta, I did the playing after the beta, I was there when most of the beta core group left. I quit around the time of... oct 2007. Came back I belive it was March or so of 2008 To try out what had changed....NOTHING! Still a grind, Still lacking in quests and depth, Still beautiful visuals and amazing music. I keep coming back to the game, not because I love to play it, but because I love to see it, and to hear it. Its a aesthetic work of art.
    The same can't be said for the boring uninspired repetitive and dull game play. Which is a real shame, because if K2 ever learns to add REAL quests, That give REAL exp rewards, We are talking like 4-6% of a level since the grind is so slow. And questing that has more to do than just Kill X number of Y mob. This game could trully be the best mmorpg I ever played. I wish that the game play was decent. I really do, The style is gold, The visuals are amazing, the music is inspiring! Honestly if the game play was not such a total peace of trash this game could be very very good! but Alas, they don't seem to understand this at K2,  And its really to bad, Because they could have way more players on this than they have now if they just made a few changes with the grind and exp. I did a review for this game back in octover of 2007, a year ago. And very little will change when I update my review of it next month. I believe I was a fair critic.

http://rr.pc.ign.com/rrview/pc/sword_of_the_new_world_granado_espada/879263/73496/

If you can't seperate a publisher from a developer, you probably shouldn't be reviewing games.

It's also important to note that this game is NOT all about quests. I have read your review and it becomes painfully obvious you want this game to turn into yet another World of Warcraft, quest driven clone, which this game will never .

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by 3on1

That all depends on the contract that the publisher and the developers worked over, in most cases, the developers keep exclusive rights to all the ingame content.