Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the game that will be using the HeroEngine?

It was announced on 8/8/2006 that BioWare was the first licensee to use the Simutronics HeroEngine. Is this the game they are using it for?

Waiting for:

-Games-
-Re-Launch of Hellgate:London US/EU Servers
-Diablo 3

-A PvE centric MMORPG with-
-Fast paced twitch-action combat that requires hand-eye coordination, where you can manually aim your attacks instead of having to acquire/lock target(s) first.
-FPS-style WASD and mouse control that determine your overall success when attacking or defending.

Comments

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Yep, it 's this one. Using the HeroEngine.

Sadly, not much was shown yet of what they have done with it. Only some pre-Alpha screenies...with waaaaay too big Lightsaber-Handles. Though they've already stated those would be sized down.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Yep, it 's this one. Using the HeroEngine.

Sadly, not much was shown yet of what they have done with it. Only some pre-Alpha screenies...with waaaaay too big Lightsaber-Handles. Though they've already stated those would be sized down.

Hmm too much focus on the HeroEngine, might this be why I dont hear anything about Hero's Journey anymore?

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Hero's Journey has about another year left on development, it was delayed whilst they updated the engine for BioWare and other license holders.

However, after seeing Hero's Journey running I believe BioWare have made the right decision to go with the Hero Engine, it's infinitely more capable than most engines on the market and will suit the linear storyline approach that BioWare are going for with SWTOR.

Originally posted by bobfish

Hero's Journey has about another year left on development, it was delayed whilst they updated the engine for BioWare and other license holders.
    However, after seeing Hero's Journey running I believe BioWare have made the right decision to go with the Hero Engine, it's infinitely more capable than most engines on the market and will suit the linear storyline approach that BioWare are going for with SWTOR.

You used the L-word. (linear)

shame on you!

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Out of these two games utilising the HeroEngine, Hero's Journey definitely sounds the more interesting.

Dynamic quests tailored to your character? Yes please!!

Originally posted by Zayne3145

Out of these two games utilising the HeroEngine, Hero's Journey definitely sounds the more interesting.

Ive often contemplated your in game actions, such as how you do quests (given you have choices) , who you kill etc, how you kill them etc etc, being the determining factor on the type of toon you end up with. ala fable to some extent.

Didn't see much in the way of it's features when I saw it running, but it looks really pretty and combat seems to be quite fast and varied.

Originally posted by Arcken

Ive often contemplated your in game actions, such as how you do quests (given you have choices) , who you kill etc, how you kill them etc etc, being the determining factor on the type of toon you end up with. ala fable to some extent.

And that is what TOR is planning to do, too. As far as I understood them anyway. Your actions and how you interact with NPC's/Companions etc will determine your path in the universe and will have effects on you and your associates.

*shrug* That's what they say anyway.

And that is what TOR is planning to do, too. As far as I understood them anyway. Your actions and how you interact with NPC's/Companions etc will determine your path in the universe and will have effects on you and your associates.

TOR? allright Ill need  full name. fyi asap imo abbreviations are terrible!

You're posting in the TOR forum....

The Old Republic

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

agreed

TOR? allright Ill need  full name. fyi asap imo abbreviations are terrible!

The Old Republic.   My apologies, I already adopted the abbrevation.