Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

For some reason, seems great, we've been hyped about it for ages, and to be honest there's one problem. I know it's still in the beta stage, but it's going to be 2009, shouldn't they start making games with better graphics?! The graphics sux in this game so far, and I know it's beta, so hopefully they'd better improve on the graphics or we are going to have some issues.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by Syno23

For some reason, seems great, we've been hyped about it for ages, and to be honest there's one problem. I know it's still in the beta stage, but it's going to be 2009, shouldn't they start making games with better graphics?! The graphics sux in this game so far, and I know it's beta, so hopefully they'd better improve on the graphics or we are going to have some issues.

lol  from the lead art guy  himself  "All Art is Concept!"

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

most the time they dont start upgrading graphics untill closed player beta.

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329

ya concept art that looks as crappy as kotor series.. The op is right and I don't expect much more from bioware.. They really have no business with stars wars mmo ip.. They should have been a consultant to story telling, quests and lore... Gameplay? No thanks...

• holonistholonist Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by metatronic

ya concept art that looks as crappy as kotor series.. The op is right and I don't expect much more from bioware.. They really have no business with stars wars mmo ip.. They should have been a consultant to story telling, quests and lore... Gameplay? No thanks...

The art and gameplay on Kotor I was just fine . On the other hand the concept art for this one isnt .

Bioware made a exceptional work with Kotor I , your point of view fails .

• GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185

At the same time, they can't just recreate KoTOR in an online space. The combat will likely be different, and there is the obvious issue of story for massive amounts of players. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Honestly, I haven't played MMO's too seriously since WoW, which kind of put me off of MMO's, but if anyone can do it, BIoware can.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

The screenshots are pre-alpha not beta, get your facts straight OP before you jump on this ever-popular bandwagon. Why don't you wait till they release some new ones before you jump to conclusions.

O_o o_O

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I am more interested in gameplay than graphics. 

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by Syno23

Its in pre-alpha state, not beta.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

The engine is capable of much higher resolutions and polygon counts than anything currently released on the market, with the possible exception of Age of Conan.

Don't judge SWTOR based on the current screenshots, the engine is capable of a lot more and they'd have to be really incompetent programmers to not get more out of it.