Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a bad feeling about this.

The idea of playing a mmo based off of star wars that will be made by the very same guys who made kotor and jade empier makes me wonder will they have end game content to the game aswell, 

you play kotor the 1st time ,you are not even thinking about lvling up and getting the best of everything because the story has you hooked  and so you play, but after that, you do things a little bit diffrent, you go through the quest that you missed out on doing  and find yourself at lvl 20 allready before you step off the ebon hawk on some planet to look for the star forge becons.  i wonder will this be another classic game ? or are we looking at another failed attempt to get peoples money with a subscription fee by them making another mmo and then slapping Star Wars on the box and seeing if the masses will Bite.

The game is 300 years after the kotor story line,  so the only charecters id hope to run into from the orginal game would be  HK -47 , HK-47 and HK-47 , did i forget to mention i really want to meet HK-47 ?

But T3 might be cool ,  But what about you the player, are you just another jedi running around in a star wars universe doing what ever you want when ever you want ?,  or are you forced  by what you can do and what you can't do in game wise ? ,  will they really allow you to enjoy  yourself  ?    I think star wars driven story line and what comes to my mind is  guild wars, where everything is instanced , Im hoping this is not the case and that the game will be open world ,sandbox ,roam anywhere .    But allready mentioned by xplay they said the game would  run on mid to advanced computers just to play the game.

what dose that mean ?  to me, mid to advanced means   you need a computer with the newest video card thats 500 dollars right there, 

at least 4 gigs of ram and the newest proccessor   ,that you can get. if you  want to play with no lag.  if you are one of the people that has all that, pat yourself on the back, as for the rest of us who dont have  that sorta stuff , we need to start saving up money right now if we want to play this game , and im not talking about just buying the game but saving for the game to play it on a shiney new computer.

i geuss im a little mad because we the people ,were waiting for kotor 3 and now we are getting this instead.

WTF !!!!

Comments

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329

You're getting kotor3... You're just going to pay to play it every month :) Grats..

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

*Patting myself on the back*

Really, new games will force player to upgrade their system.. Seen the specs on Far cry " or Crysis? It is the sad truth that almost all new games require you to have a good computer, only a few companies like Blizzard and Westwood try to aim for the older computer users.

But it is not a new thing, if you can't afford youll have to play a older game instead, sorry but most players wants best possible graphics and that is what most devs are trying to deliver.

About the end game, Im sure Bioware have thought about it, it is very different to make a solo game and a MMO but Bioware will hopefully give us a better story on the way there and in the endgame than we seen before, most MMOs have a thin plot.

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by metatronic

You're getting kotor3... You're just going to pay to play it every month :) Grats..

no , because they mentioned before in an artical about the mmo that they would also be making kotor 3 some where down the road after the mmo is out, so thats is somewhere between  4 to 5 years from now.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

In a interview Bioware has stated there will be PvP content, so I would imagine that will be the end game content, at least until they update the story arc's with new adventures...

They have also stated that there will be instancing as open dungeons would ruin the story arc's...  but they did say that most of the game world will be open, so its not going to be like Guild Wars....

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by monoth

In a interview Bioware has stated there will be PvP content, so I would imagine that will be the end game content, at least until they update the story arc's with new adventures...
    They have also stated that there will be instancing as open dungeons would ruin the story arc's...  but they did say that most of the game world will be open, so its not going to be like Guild Wars....

i hope so. thats what i loved about SWG before SoE screwed the game up. it had that open world feel to it.

and if swtor can capture that same feeling but make it feel star warsy like the kotor franchise , then im sold. , i just want to find a game  that this hunk of junk can play and carry me on for years to come.

• metatronicmetatronic Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by lorndarken

Originally posted by metatronic

no , because they mentioned before in an artical about the mmo that they would also be making kotor 3 some where down the road after the mmo is out, so thats is somewhere between  4 to 5 years from now.

Simply engineered deception

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

"Don't center on your anxiety... Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs"

Wise words. Heed them, you should.

• MetzgerMetzger Member Posts: 40

Funny thing, I was really looking forward Biwares kotor mmo, but now that I have seen some material, I have a really bad feeling about this.

I hate the new graphic design, its a matter of taste, but it just looks so corny. And for they told us so far, I have a strange feeling this is going to be more of a "multiplayer bioware RPG".

Even though I love bioware games, they do tend to have a very good story, but at the expense of player choices and open gameplay.

I am not saying this is going to be a bad game, just that Bioware will play to their strengths, and anyone expecting any sandbox, player driven gameplay probably will have to look somewhere else.