Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compagnions character explained

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55476

In resume :

• they are more like friends than pets
  • you'll have a pool of compagnions
  • you can only have one at a time with you
  • you can customize them
  • you can trade them

Read elsewhere

• They are thinking about achievements for not having (using?) them

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Sounds a lot like the NPC ship crews being planned by Cryptic for Star Trek Online.

Bloody awful.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

romance and trade companions

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

I see these more as how they used them in KOTOR I. You have an "area" where these guys/gals/robots are waiting and you select which one to join you for the "quest".

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by Deewe
    http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55476In resume :
    they are more like friends than petsyou'll have a pool of compagnionsyou can only have one at a time with youyou can customize themyou can trade themRead elsewhereThey are thinking about achievements for not having (using?) them

Not unexpected considering you have the same thing for KOTOR. I wonder what the part limit will be. I look forward to this system, perhaps not finding "Level 60 hacker droid" on ebay, but the fact you can sell companions you don't need.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Midnitte

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55476

In resume :

• they are more like friends than petsyou'll have a pool of compagnionsyou can only have one at a time with youyou can customize themyou can trade themRead elsewhereThey are thinking about achievements for not having (using?) them

Not unexpected considering you have the same thing for KOTOR. I wonder what the part limit will be. I look forward to this system, perhaps not finding "Level 60 hacker droid" on ebay, but the fact you can sell companions you don't need.

Yes I suppose it will be some kind of Kotor system and your ship would be your "home".

I just hope I'll be able to turn the compagnions off and replace them with real intelligence : friends and guild mates.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by Midnitte
    http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55476In resume :
    they are more like friends than petsyou'll have a pool of compagnionsyou can only have one at a time with youyou can customize themyou can trade themRead elsewhereThey are thinking about achievements for not having (using?) them

Yes I suppose it will be some kind of Koto system and your ship will be your "home".

I just hope I'll be able to turn the compagnions off and replace them with real intelligence : friends and guild mates.

Yeah, I am sure that they will only be there to make it easier to solo missions. I don't think you will have the option to use them if you are in a party. I like the idea, only because it gives you another avenue for advancement. If you are someone who groups all the time, then you will have a low level companion. So soloing will be encouraged rather than just accomadated. Not sure what effect this will have on the social aspect of the game though.

It also hints at an instanced mission system much like CoH.

((This is merely my opinion of course.))

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

yeah i agree that would be awsome.

• TolkemecTolkemec Member Posts: 18

So they're pets you can have scripted conversations with?

• MakaneMakane Member Posts: 232

Do the people saying thsi is a bad thing forget that SWG Precu had companions (pets, npc troopers, droids) that were tradeable? This is great news in my mind!