Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame content?

I know it may be a bit early to ask but..... They are saying this game is all about the story, so what happens when the story is over? What will the endgame content be like?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

You're right, it is far too early to ask.

Let's find out what the tutorial is like before we worry about endgame.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Maybe they'll break the last taboo in MMORPGs and let your character die/retire indefinitely. It would put a stop to the powerlevelers at least.

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

meh i think that would turn people off from the game.

• law573law573 Member UncommonPosts: 89

End game??? How about we wait for a game before we worry about rushing to the end and bitching "I have nothing to do."

You are playing a video game. By definition that means you are not hardcore.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

The only info so far is that it wont be like WoW because the developers didn't enjoy raiding the same place over and over again for loot.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by Flyte27

The only info so far is that it wont be like WoW because the developers didn't enjoy raiding the same place over and over again for loot.

Cool

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

has anyting been realeased about instancing?

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by grody75

I know it may be a bit early to ask but..... They are saying this game is all about the story, so what happens when the story is over? What will the endgame content be like?

End game will be rolling new toons, that's what you get with "story driven" versus "content driven". The WoW crowd will be very pleased with this game I'm sure...at least for a month or so when they've busted through all the story.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by Zekiah

End game will be rolling new toons, that's what you get with "story driven" versus "content driven". The WoW crowd will be very pleased with this game I'm sure...at least for a month or so when they've busted through all the story.

IF the game is engaging enough, rolling new toons might be enough for a lot of players.

I personally love to roll new toons and grind them up.  WoW has so many ways to grind up a new toon up to the 30s or so, then it starts getting to be sort of boring.  But for some bizarre reason I find grinding up a new toon in one of the eight possible starting areas fairly entertaining.  I enjoy taking a Night Elf or Draeni on the long, dangerous treck through the Wetlands to get to Ironforge, and then go off and kill Defias thugs in Westfall, or chase down bears at the gates of Gnomeregan.  Likewise, taking a Tauren to the Silverpine Forest for some strange interactions with Alliance NPCs who turn into worgen when the sun sets.

Perhaps they'll find a way, as WAR is trying, to make PvP the endgame with various things like base busting, sieges, city destruction/creation.  Of course, to some extent, this is wandering into sandbox country by nature, and BioWare isn't known for that.  The endgame once you've developed your character is by its very nature not conducive to story, because your character is maxed out.  In KOTOR this isn't a problem...you come to an end.  In an MMO that is predicated on an ongoing subscription, and an ongoing game, you see the obvious problem with "storytelling" unless you make it about the avatar's story, with a script that can't be forseen by the developers.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• SacfedSacfed Member UncommonPosts: 210

For all that think its too early for talk like this, put a stick in your eye.  The entire  game must be well established with several options of play styles, throughout the leveling process. Fail to achieve this will result in sub cancellations in first month.  This includes heavily based End game content,  either it is Raids, questlines, pvp, etc.

Its a perfect time to let BIOWARE know that we want a lot of things right out of the gate, not just stability.

Love you long time!
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Nothing is the matter here; you want to buy this game; you don't care about graphics, end game content, or stability; this is not a jedi mind trick.

HAHA top that.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine