Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why NO KOTOR 3? This is just gonna be a big and big disappointment.

If you see the responses of the official KOTOR forums, you know most of them are NEGATIVE. Most of the people would MUCH rather see a KOTOR single player game. Fact is the reason why they did this is that they had the $$ in there eyes. They won't make a sandbox mmo, that's to riskfull and LA does not innovate  , it never does!  Just check the crappy clone wars, the NGE, the first 3 episodes.

You wanna know why KOTOR2 was so buggy, it was because of LA, they wanted it to ship , they wanted it to RUSH!

More content then BG?  Don't make me laugh. Oblivion by example has 200 hours, but there is no story to it , there is no real point in doing those things. That's why oblivion is also such a crappy RPG but still loved by people but those people have never played a GOOD single player RPG game and it is the same reason why people think mass effect owns and say the competitor the witcher is just a buggy game and get's way less attention.

Bioware dropped the ball since they made jade empire in my opinion.

If they say the old republic has more content then all games of bioware then that is BS! Quantity = not quality.  They would have to make it highly instanced like guild wars. But  if they would do that , THEY COULD NOT ASK FOR A MONTHLEE FEE! 100 same companions = immersion breaking so it has to be instanced.  40 jedi's raiding the final boss? No thanks.

You wanna know what they should have done ? 

Create a MMORPG of the KOTOR universe but before the original time line. It would fit much better in the mandalorian time era or even before. This would make sense because they could make a KOTOR 3 then.

I am disappointed greatly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
the old days, the days of gold.

representer of euhporium, shade/amity , high member of the council.

played

UO,M59,EVE,L2,AC,GW,WOW,LOTRO,SWG pre cu/nge,COH/COV, VG,TR,L1, POTBS,Neocron 1 and 2, DAOC pre TOA and age of conan

playing: EVE ONLINE
Waiting for Earthrise, FE, bioware mmo, guild wars 2, DFO , mortal online , the chronicles of spellborn

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

But are you still going to try the game out when its out?

• shadenisshadenis Member Posts: 217
    Originally posted by tkreep

But are you still going to respond normally ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    the old days, the days of gold.

representer of euhporium, shade/amity , high member of the council.

played

UO,M59,EVE,L2,AC,GW,WOW,LOTRO,SWG pre cu/nge,COH/COV, VG,TR,L1, POTBS,Neocron 1 and 2, DAOC pre TOA and age of conan

playing: EVE ONLINE
    Waiting for Earthrise, FE, bioware mmo, guild wars 2, DFO , mortal online , the chronicles of spellborn

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

OP, I find it interesting that you proclaim that Bioware have dropped the ball based on opinions on a third party website.

Especially when you look at the MOUNTAIN of posts already on the OFFICIAL website, the majority of which are positive and open minded to possibilities that they didn't consider before.

Maybe you should be too?

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by shadenis

Originally posted by tkreep

But are you still going to respond normally ?

no cuz I got my answer.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I kinda agree on few things.

I believe they should have made a Kotor 3, because my fear is that Bioware is going to make an hibryd, between a single player RPG and a MMORPG (I pray God I am wrong)

So instead of wasting resources on an half baked MMO, I would have preferred they did a proper Kotor RPG, and I would have liked Bioware to make a fantasy MMO which could feel more like a MMO.

I tend to disagree on Oblivion/Morrowind analysys.

People liked those 2 Bethesda games because they allow lots of freedom.

There are lots of people who like to have freedom in their RPG rather than having to follow a storyline.

The same is for MMORPG.

If Oblivion was a MMO, then it would be a sandbox, unlike Bioware RPG which are quite linear.

Bioware and Bethesda cater for different audiances, it is not fair to say Oblivion was crap because it wasn't linear like Bioware RPGs.

I prefer Morrowind/Oblivion style RPG, not surprisingly I prefer to play sandbox MMO (I need freedom when I play).

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

KOTOR is overrated, I found it boring, crucify me.

O_o o_O

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Tarka

OP, I find it interesting that you proclaim that Bioware have dropped the ball based on opinions on a third party website.
    Especially when you look at the MOUNTAIN of posts already on the OFFICIAL website, the majority of which are positive and open minded to possibilities that they didn't consider before.
    Maybe you should be too?

QFT.

Be a little open-minded and you might be surprised.

Apart from that I would like to know how the OP knows that BioWares statement of "more content than all our SP games combined", is BS? I mean...have you seen the code for the game? Have you seen the quest-texts, descriptions, cut-scenes or whatever they will do?

But of course, it's all BS.

• NadaqashNadaqash Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by shadenis

If you see the responses of the official KOTOR forums, you know most of them are NEGATIVE. Most of the people would MUCH rather see a KOTOR single player game. Fact is the reason why they did this is that they had the $$ in there eyes. They won't make a sandbox mmo, that's to riskfull and LA does not innovate  , it never does!  Just check the crappy clone wars, the NGE, the first 3 episodes.

You wanna know why KOTOR2 was so buggy, it was because of LA, they wanted it to ship , they wanted it to RUSH!

More content then BG?  Don't make me laugh. Oblivion by example has 200 hours, but there is no story to it , there is no real point in doing those things. That's why oblivion is also such a crappy RPG but still loved by people but those people have never played a GOOD single player RPG game and it is the same reason why people think mass effect owns and say the competitor the witcher is just a buggy game and get's way less attention.
    Bioware dropped the ball since they made jade empire in my opinion.
    If they say the old republic has more content then all games of bioware then that is BS! Quantity = not quality.  They would have to make it highly instanced like guild wars. But  if they would do that , THEY COULD NOT ASK FOR A MONTHLEE FEE! 100 same companions = immersion breaking so it has to be instanced.  40 jedi's raiding the final boss? No thanks.
    You wanna know what they should have done ? 
    Create a MMORPG of the KOTOR universe but before the original time line. It would fit much better in the mandalorian time era or even before. This would make sense because they could make a KOTOR 3 then.
    I am disappointed greatly.

you are a big joke, leave plz

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

If they make a wow clone then they have dropped the ball. With every mmo that comes out it actually makes the nge look better. this game is being aimed at the casual audience so that bioware and most of all EA can make lots of money.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Originally posted by Tarka

Maybe you should be too?

QFT.

Be a little open-minded and you might be surprised.

Apart from that I would like to know how the OP knows that BioWares statement of "more content than all our SP games combined", is BS? I mean...have you seen the code for the game? Have you seen the quest-texts, descriptions, cut-scenes or whatever they will do?

But of course, it's all BS.

i choose not to believe they have that much content because every mmo recently has been hyped to the sky with features that would make a nun horny and yet not one of them have delivered.

• CrusaderXCrusaderX Member Posts: 3

Big and big?

• Shane-OShane-O Member UncommonPosts: 28

Why would anyone play single player games? Get the fucking times. People want MMOs, not single player games where they're stuck playing by themselves the whole time. I'm glad their making this an MMO and not some one player nonsense. 

• SteelroseSteelrose Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

KOTOR is overrated, I found it boring, crucify me.

Agree completely. KOTOR is a dumbed down rpg same as Neverwinter Nights. Lots of combat, lack of classes from SW system, black and white world, linear dialogues/zones and too easy. Bioware stopped doing good games in 99 after planescape torment.