Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So TOR appears to be

A single player KOTOR type questing, with a Guild Wars like psuedo MMO RvR combat system tagged on to justify both the 'MMO' title and the inevitable monthly fee to go along with it.

I would think that KOTOR players would be happy and SWG players will say it's a EPIC fail.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Gutboy

A single player KOTOR type questing, with a Guild Wars like psuedo MMO RvR combat system tagged on to justify both the 'MMO' title and the inevitable monthly fee to go along with it.

I would think that KOTOR players would be happy and SWG players will say it's a EPIC fail.

What did you read in order to be able to reach such a conclusion?

Seriously, show it to me so I can sweep this under my virtual carpet.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by darwa

The OP read these forums silly.  Everything a person wants to know is stated truthfully and without bias on this site.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Locklain

The OP read these forums silly.  Everything a person wants to know is stated truthfully and without bias on this site.

The Sarcasm is strong in you.

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

Here in no particular order are things that lead me to that conclusion:

Why are they spending development time on companions IN AN MMO?!?!?!

Quote"Twelve full-time writers have been working on the content for this game for years already. The writing department was the first priority when it came to staffing so these writers have been working on the game longer than anyone."

I can see the 'walls of text' already.

QuoteBioWare is careful to point out that, though the classes are relatively insulated from each other in terms of content.

This doesn't even sound like an MMO.

"there are places that you won't be able to go and things you won't be able to do unless you join a mixed party"   So RvR

So have you guys realized that Bioware Austin is neither Lucasarts or Bioware yet? I mean what did you expect from the unholy child of old SOE Austin and Wolfpack?

• jaxscorpio34jaxscorpio34 Member Posts: 204

I loved KOTOR and could not care less what current SWG players think.  Although I guess they would know better than anyone what it takes to support epic fail.  After all they are still paying SOE for that garbage that is SWG.  I actually can't wait for this new game to hit the shelves though because I so want to see SWG crash and burn -- badly.  When this bad boy goes live Lucas et al will be pouring everything they have into it.  They're not about to let some 5 year old lame ass game, that has a very tarnished image, drag their new baby down.  They're also not going to let that tarnished game split the playerbase or pull potential customers away from their new baby.  So before it's all over with, SWG will FINALLY be no more and the folks at SOE can kiss the whitest part of my a**.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Originally posted by Locklain

The Sarcasm is strong in you.

It gets me in trouble from time to time so you have to keep it on the down-low.  

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

All classes will have pets. (hetchmens)