Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Dark Elf 1-5 Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Warhammer Online Correspondent Jessica Maxson writes this basic guide to get Dark Elf players from Level One to Level Five in Mythic Entertainment's most recent RvR title.

The Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine is a mixture of fierce swordsmanship and gentle healing. Balancing the scales between when to attack and when to heal comrades is tricky, especially in the heat of battle. Fortunately, you will always be fighting since you need kills to keep your essence meter full so you can perform heals. If this runs out you cannot heal until you either kill more enemies or use the skill Blood Offering, which sacrifices your health for essence.

Your starting zone for the dark elf is The Blighted Isle and your starting area is Narthain Beach. You start off with the spells Cleave Soul (this spell deals ten spirit damage), Fist Of Caine (which deals twenty damage and can attack and enemy long range which is useful for pulling one enemy away from a particularly brutal mob), and Restore Essence (this does exactly what you think it does, restores thirty-three essence to an ally or yourself. Blood Offering, this converts for five seconds thirty action points to thirty essence energy that is used for healing spells).

Read the guide.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• FuriCuriFuriCuri Member Posts: 2

Ok, seriously. WTF with all those destruction only crap? I see Mythic itself polished only destruction side and now even MMORPG seems to give all attention to the destruction. What, maybe you'll just post some article about how you hate order and think that order suck etc. This could be a good guide. Or authors only good writing articles for kids since they tend to be attracted by "zomfg coolness" of the destruction outlook?

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

It took longer to read that article than leveling to 5 in War. Is there really a need/point for a guide in any game for levels1-5?

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by FuriCuri

Ok, seriously. WTF with all those destruction only crap? I see Mythic itself polished only destruction side and now even MMORPG seems to give all attention to the destruction. What, maybe you'll just post some article about how you hate order and think that order suck etc. This could be a good guide. Or authors only good writing articles for kids since they tend to be attracted by "zomfg coolness" of the destruction outlook?

While I can't speak for other Correspondants - you'll see breakdowns of the Shadow Warrior and Warrior Priest careers coming up soon - similar to the one I did of the Chosen almost a month ago. 

So yeah, I was as guilty of it as anyone, however I'm doing my best to make up for it :P

I play order in game as well.  I guess the zomfg coolness appeal of destruction doesn't really work for me.  Sigh.  I always miss the boat :(

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by finnmacool1

It took longer to read that article than leveling to 5 in War. Is there really a need/point for a guide in any game for levels1-5?

Some people get overwhelmed when entering a game.  Guides like this really help guide new MMO players towards a path of enjoyable playtime, instead of frustration.  WAR's hyped help to bring a lot of fresh blood to the market.  In almost any other game, I'd agree with you - a guide of levels 1-5 would be a waste, especially since reading the guide probably would take longer, like you said, then actually doing it.

Keep in mind not everyone starts a new game and picks up on it quickly.  Guides like this save people from getting frustrated and quitting.  A job well done.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”