Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's the beef?

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I read pretty much everything available and well we have no clues at all of the game mechanics.

The SWTOR website only contains, a few details about the story line.

We know it's a story based solo friendly game that will have 2 factions, classes and raids, nothing more.

On top of that the compagnons features makes me wonder how will it be an MMO. Aren't players supposed to fill in the spots in a group, not NPCs?

Some would say it's too soon, but with such a "big" annoucement I would have been expecting a few more details on the game, at least a decent FAQ.

Comments

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I believe with the information give from the interfview at gamespot.com you can pretty much expect KOTOR 3 except a lot  large and with some multiplayer tacked on.  I believe the NPCs will be there to make those who want to solo most of the time through the story happy.  Probably those who liked the original KOTOR games.  I think with this game you will have to open your mind and treat it more like a single player game then a traditional MMO. 

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Thanks to Deacon you can look at the live blog from 1up if you missed it which has info they dont have on the website.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/208557

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Flyte27
    I believe with the information give from the interfview at gamespot.com you can pretty much expect KOTOR 3 except a lot large and with some multiplayer tacked on. I believe the NPCs will be there to make those who want to solo most of the time through the story happy. Probably those who liked the original KOTOR games. I think with this game you will have to open your mind and treat it more like a single player game then a traditional MMO.

We'll see but I'm afraid Blixtev could be right when he said it was more a Diablo like game.

Originally posted by tkreep
    Thanks to Deacon you can look at the live blog from 1up if you missed it which has info they dont have on the website.

Copy that, thank you.

So:

No turn based combat
    No shared content between classes. [Does it means single player for classes quests?]
    Very contact (melee?) focused. [Worried for blaster though.]
    No harevester nor farmers.
    Limited character physical customisation 3 position sliders with maybe many sliders.
    More focus on compagnons.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by Deewe

Originally posted by Flyte27

I believe with the information give from the interfview at gamespot.com you can pretty much expect KOTOR 3 except a lot large and with some multiplayer tacked on. I believe the NPCs will be there to make those who want to solo most of the time through the story happy. Probably those who liked the original KOTOR games. I think with this game you will have to open your mind and treat it more like a single player game then a traditional MMO.

We'll see but I'm afraid Blixtev could be right when he said it was more a Diablo like game.

Originally posted by tkreep

Copy that, thank you.

So:

No turn based combat

No shared content between classes. [Does it means single player for classes quests?]

Very contact (melee?) focused. [Worried for blaster though.]

No harevester nor farmers.

Limited character physical customisation 3 position sliders with maybe many sliders.

More focus on compagnons.

I enjoyed Diablo 1/2 a lot and have no problem with either game.  With that said Bioware has never made a Diablo style game.  I don't know where anyone would get the impression they are not making another KOTOR style game.  Especially when one of the devs said it in the gamespot interview.