Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light was not broken like haters say it was!! Etc..

ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

I have read through some of the threads and generally experienced a lot of hating throughout my time with Dark and Light.

I just believe so much of it is wrong and it sucks people lie so much about Dark and LIght.

I'll write a list of things which were wrong with Dark and Light and you can add to that if you think I'm missing stuff. But, if you are lieing, I'll fucking say you are. Because I've had enough of people lieing about Dark and Light and about it's flaws.

Finally, I don't think flaws are the same thing as disappointments.

We had very many disappointments in Dark and LIght. But, some gamers say the DnL client was more bugged than the closed beta client was. Some say it was the same thing as an older beta version. It's all bullshit. ... Being disappointed with Dark and Light doesn't mean you can diss the game and tell subjective lies about it.

So here is my list of bugs:

• A few quests required you to loot items off of mobs that didn't drop them. I think this was fixed in one of the more recent patches.
  • Game crash when you entered trade window with specific traders. The instance I remember was fixed in a patch early on.
  • Some skills did not work as intended. On average, I'd estimate, there was 1-2 bugs for each class. Ice Wizard class had no bugs. I played it.
  • Game crash when you aggroed many mobs (like 15 mobs) and made them follow you around while you were flying. I experienced this a lot. It was annoying.
  • Crafting skills did not seem to matter very much or at all. This sucked.
  • Extracting items in animal shit/excrement, bushes etc.. didn't work. Mineral exctracting didn't work either.
  • A little UI problems with text not showing in a specific UI bar for making mines. A new UI launched later on.
  • Rangers/archers were overpowered and could tame animals that could kill other players in 3 seconds.
  • Decay on your dragon saddle could happen while you were flying in air. This is hardly a bug. but okay.
  • A bunch of half translated stuff. French words appearing. This became better.
  • Baloon bug that sometimes gave u msg. You are too far away. This was fixed.
  • Spell timers were fucked up for a while. This was after launch when they did some changes. Then they fixed it.
  • Minor crafting bug that could be bypassed where it wouldn't craft and the window would just hang.

So many of these bugs are hardly that annoying and most of them were squashed.. Along with many other improvements or tweaks. 

The biggest problem was stability/game crashes and ofcourse overpowered rangers. The other things didn't happen that often and most of them were were fixed. Stability really improved with later versions. Im not sure what happened to rangers

Some big problems were also skills not working for especially the stealth class.

I'm just tired of hearing a lot of bullshit about Dark and Light which was a fucking awesome and fun game. The roleplaying events were unlike any other games. It was just fun and interesting to be there. The pvp was awesome. Real vs Realm and fighting for training spots. .. Gamebreaker for me was the overpowered classes. That's why I took a break from the game. That and stability.

But, I suspect that many people just started to hate Dark and Light because they expected too much. They expected a finished game. Yes, they paid for it but everyone knew Dark and Light was not ready.. The community wanted it, so they launched. And I am happy it did. I got to play an exceptional game instead of not playing it.

It didn't matter to me that kingdoms were locked. 

It didn't matter to me that you couldn't build cities or have playerowned houses.

It didn't matter to me that some classes had bugs or one class was completely bugged.

It didn't matter to me all those small bugs.

It didn't matter to me that areas of crafting didn't work.

Fuck that shit...

Dark and Light was fucking awesome. The world was big. One server for so many people. The stress test and early times were amazing. I got to be guild leader for 130 people in an amazing guild system much better than for example Star Wars Galaxies.

We had fun roleplaying, grinding and going to events. We had fun pvping and stealth was fucking amazing in that game. It's a bit like Darkfall where you can ambush people.

I fucking loved Dark and Light and none of you can change that. I know that many others loved it too. Avefenix is one.

So whatever you have to say about Dark and Light. I don't care.

And whatever you have to say about Darkfall. I don't care either. Dark and Light and Darkfall share many things. The good stuff from next gen mmorpgs that stupid and scared development teams don'tm dare. That progressive shit which only comes from passionate people like Vuuar and Tasos Flambouras.

And to the developer who left NP3Cube, I can only say. Thank you for hurting the game and leaving the project when they needed you the most. Being lead developer of an engine and then leaving when things like spells were to really utilize that world engine was not a nice thing to do. you let down a lot of players. And... When some of the community members here say that the world didn't have anything to do with the broken skills or broken quests. Well, I beg to differ. Extracting resources from excrement/bushes etc. has to do with the world. Knockback spells had to do with the engine. A lot of things were directly affected by this developer leaving. So fuck that shit..

Maybe some of you have joined his friend team of little followers. But, you are sell-outs and I got no respect for ya'll. You were always haters anyway.

It takes guts to anticipate an MMORPG and see the dreams and potential behind it. It takes a pure heart and a positive mind. Even when things are not the way u want them to be. Because no mmorpg came polished. World of Warcraft came closest. but, that game was/is severely limiting player freedom.

Mmorpgs were right from the start about waiting and sticking with the game untill it improved. Enjoying it for what it was, but knowing it would get better.

People fucking over Dark and LIght were lame... And overall the mmorpg community is so spoiled nowadays.

If Darkfall launch has flaws people will start a crusade to diss it. But, fuck all those haters. I don't care about you all.

You don't know anything.. And you belong in singleplayer.

MMORPGs are the most complex of all videogames. To love them, also means to worship developers with your support and faith. They are doing amazing things in very difficult territory.

But, Dark and LIght is in a coma now. Who know what will come of the lawsuit here in the end of October. I hope NP3cube wins and DnL gets a small comeback with the updates in China. Chinese gamers say that they are playing the game now. So I hope it's true. I still believe in Dark and Light. But, nevertheless... I would like to direct the last bastion to anticipate Darkfall.

Though, of course we will never forget Dark and Light, Vuaar and Np3cube. And if they decide to make a comeback. I think I will give them my support and loyalty.

But for now.

Those with pure hearts shall be welcomed into Tasos' arms.

Comments

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Yes. Maybe it is TOO LONG : DONT READ. But, I don't care. If you want to read. Read. If u dont. Don't.

I post here beacuse I want to. Its up to u if u think what I have to say is important or irrelevant.

And on second thought.. Im not going to update my list of bugs or reply to the haters. Because there will be some. Because the fact remains. Dark and Light was exceptional. .. The limitations aside and the sad disappointments. It had some great things to offer in it's state. And it had great potential. It would have given us more if a developer hadn't ruined it with his greedyness for money and intellectual property which he didn't have the right to demand.

And there is a reason why Dark and Light had a loyal community right to the end.

There is also a reason why Dark and Light will be played by at least a few hundred people if it comes back. And there is a reason why I will be among that group. Even with Darkfalll out.

There simply is no immersive world like Dark and Light.

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439
    Originally posted by ZtyX

Yes. Maybe it is TOO LONG : DONT READ. But, I don't care. If you want to read. Read. If u dont. Don't.

I post here beacuse I want to. Its up to u if u think what I have to say is important or irrelevant.
    And on second thought.. Im not going to update my list of bugs or reply to the haters. Because there will be some. Because the fact remains. Dark and Light was exceptional. .. The limitations aside and the sad disappointments. It had some great things to offer in it's state. And it had great potential. It would have given us more if a developer hadn't ruined it with his greedyness for money and intellectual property which he didn't have the right to demand.

And there is a reason why Dark and Light had a loyal community right to the end.
    There is also a reason why Dark and Light will be played by at least a few hundred people if it comes back. And there is a reason why I will be among that group. Even with Darkfalll out.

There simply is no immersive world like Dark and Light.

D@L

That game was awesome. but it was to hard to play. not may understood it's concept at all, and would die OVER and OVER a thousand time before saying THIS GAME is stupid, because (they) did not understand it at ALL. reading the text was bad for ones health because we had to Finish the game in less than 25 minutes or everyone wanted it free.

Everything is now free so developers will make exactly what they are making now,  Brain deadgames with all there little pointers and flags waving and NPC screaming OVER  HERE and who do we have to thank for that.

Zangfei.

This is a strange question.. but, are you the guy who used to play necromancer in Dark and LIght?

And Zangfei. It's true what you are saying.

Monster names were hard to read. Other names and item names were hard to read. It was hard to understand Dark and LIght for newbies.

And Dark and Light was very difficult to master! Level 100 takes many months!!

... Not 25 minutes. I don't like new games. :(

And I also agree with you. There are many, many free to play games now. Stupid games for stupid people. 

Dark and Light was different. I liked the game because it was so big and it was very close to being in another world.

Thanks for posting here. . I know I am by far not the only person who has a passion for Dark and Light. But, I know that many haters follow this forum with their eyes and they will post. But, I don't care.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

Heres a list of "bugs" you forgot on your list:

1. The game had a ton of features advertized that NEVER made it into the game. Religion, exploration, meaningfull PvP, diplomacy, warfare and a hell of a lot of other stuff. On paper DnL sounded amazing. But all MMOs sound amazing when they are just a laundry list of features on a website. Where so many MMOs fail is in actually turning those features into a game. This is where DnL failed.

2. The forum moderators were always trying to prevent any honest discussion of the game. This is why I actually cancelled my pre-order for the game and got a refund. When "SoG" came out and everyone saw how horrible and unfinished the game was the outrage we all felt was massive. But the forum moderators just deleted everything and banned everyone who even so much as hinted that they might possibly be thinking about giving some consideration to not enjoying the game and praising it as the greatest game of all time. And these moderators wern't even working for NPCube either. They were from some third party public realtions firm that NPCube hired because apparently nobody at their company spoke the same language as the people they were trying to sell their game to.

3. SoG was beta in every way except for one: We were paying for it. Its nothing but an insult to the intelligence of your customers when you call something a "pre-release" even when 90% of your product is still unfinished.

4. They charged money from people who never signed up to play or had already cancelled their accounts. They refused to give refunds in many cases. They genrally lied, cheated and stole at every possible oppertunity.

5. One word: CHINA.

6. Another Word: LAWSUIT

And I could go on. The bottom line is that this game was a wreck on every possible level. Every single person who worked at that company must have either been an incompetent boob or a thief for the game to have turned out this way.

And it makes no sense that you somehow blame ALL of this on one guy who quit the company years before a lot of this stuff happened. There must have been dozens of people involved in the decisions that caused the problems I listed above.

So maybe you are such a blind fanboy to this game that you were willing to overlook the fact that 90% of the game was broken. But how in the world do you explain overlooking the fact that the guys who developed it were liars and theives?

• BlocheadjBlocheadj Member Posts: 32

Haha.

Zytx, you sound like a right idiot. Unhappy that a game you worked on failed badly?

All of the dark and light team were con-artists.

Congratulations on being one of them.

Originally posted by Blocheadnoir

Haha.
    Zytx, you sound like a right idiot. Unhappy that a game you worked on failed badly?
    All of the dark and light team were con-artists.
    Congratulations on being one of them.

That's not true.

Raltar.

Features that did not make it into launch do not count as bugs.

They did not charge money for a broken product. They charged money for Dark and Light, which was a good game with some features that did not make it to launch and some bugs. Just like any other game. The launch was particularly bad because of one guy. Yes. The guy behind the engine of the game. naturally, if u understood more you would agree with me. The engine does play a big role. .. It really doesn't sound like you played Dark and Light and gave it a fair chance.

There were some problems with the billing system, but really.. a lot of people wanted refunds when they had no right to have them. This totally flooded the company behind billing. I can't remember their name and eventually Farlan took the decision to go f2p for a while. Untill they could find another billing system or for now.. untill the game is re-launched.

About the moderators. You are really exaggerating. Alchemic Dream moderators are professional people. They are not just volunteers. They were actually paid professionals. And they did not ban people just like that. .. However, I can understand that people get infractions on their accounts and in some cases banned when they repeadetly break the rules and post about their refund or whatever on the forums. The forums are not meant to discuss ur refund.,. And the forums are not made to flame the company and the developers. If you can't give constructive thoughts, you should not post. Or post on private forums. I think that is fair. I don¨'t know why u dont.

I am glad the company is now in China, if the rumours are true. Then maybe perhaps things may still come around for Dark and Light.

Originally posted by ZtyX

They did not charge money for a broken product. They charged money for Dark and Light, which was a good game with some features that did not make it to launch and some bugs.  

They charged money for a game that lacked 90% of the features that they advertized and was riddled with bugs. It didn't work a huge portion of the time. The login servers we down more often than they were up. How is that not a broken game? The only way it could possibly have been any more broken was if they actually sent you the game in the mail and when you opened it you found nothing but a smashed CD. That was pretty much the only way they didn't screw their customers. And who knows, maybe they were planning to do that too but everyone cancelled and asked for a refund before they actually got around to putting anything in the mail.

We obviously deserved refunds. When you pay for a product based on the features that were advertized and based on the assumption that you would actually enjoy it, then discover that it has neither the features you wanted nor do you enjoy it, you deserve a refund. Obviously someone agreed with me on this because I got my refund. Most other people got refunds eventually as well. Even once Farlan noticedc the huge backlash coming at them and stopped giving refunds, many people filed complaints with their credit card companies to get refunds that way.

The moderators were jerks. Plain and simple. The fact that they didn't even work for NPCube gave them the freedom not to really care if the game was any good or not, so they had no sympathy for the poor customers who felt cheated. What was worse though was that their jobs and paychecks weren't dependant on them giving quality service, so they were allowed to be as rude and unhelpful as they wanted and it wouldn't effect them at all at the end of the day. They closed and deleted threads which were even the slightest bit critical of the game. And god forbid you say anything bad about them, thats an excuse for an instant ban. I watched one moderator close over two pages of threads and replied to each thread with nothing more than the word "closed" and you could tell he didn't have a reason to close any of those threads either, he couldn't have possibly read them as fast as he was closing them. He was just shutting down all discussion on the forums that day because all the discussion was negative towards the game. I sent him a PM telling him it isn't fair to close every thread without even reading them. He banned me for sending him that PM. So I sent him an email a week later with a copy of my receipt showing that I got a refund on my SoG pre-order. Not that he cared, I'm sure. He obviously didn't care if the game was a success or not because he still got his paycheck either way. Thats why you shouldn't hire third party comapnies to do your public relations.

But despite that, you still think that people HAVE to like the game? Why? Because you say so? Because it COULD have been a good game? Sure, it COULD have been a good game. But the whole point is that it isn't. Its a terrible game. Its unfinished and buggy. Every single company involved in its creation has gone out of their way to piss off customers and steal money from them. Why in the world should we cut these guys ANY slack?

The "company" isn't in China. There is no company anymore. Whoever owns the rights to that mess you call a game is hiding in China hoping that "Snailgame" will buy the rights from them and they can go undergound forever. Snailgame may be located in China but they know where the money in the gaming industry comes from. Once the courts rule aginst the DnL creators at the end of this month DnL will finally be dead because Snailgame won't pay for the rights to an illegal game which they won't be able to market anywhere. And anyone with two brain cells won't trust anyone who worked on DnL ever again.

If I ever see any of the following names...

Farlan...

NPCube...

Alchemic Dream...

Snailgame...

Or Click and Buy (the company that was responsible for the billing "errors")...

...on any MMORPG ever again, I'll make sure NOT to buy that game and to warn everyone I know not to buy it either! These companies cheated and lied to their customers and nobody will ever trust them again.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

So  sad, Ztyx trying to "re-write" history again.

What I find more disturbing is this:

"Though, of course we will never forget Dark and Light, Vuaar and Np3cube. And if they decide to make a comeback. I think I will give them my support and loyalty.

But for now.

Those with pure hearts shall be welcomed into Tasos' arms."

Wow, sounds less like a game fan the a cult nut. I can almost picture Ztyx in his parents basements with no lights on wearing  a tin-foil hat and praying to an altar with Vuaar's picture on it... DarkFall beware!!! 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Ztyx and the other 3 or 4 fanatics...er, I mean "fans".... who actually still believe Farlan shits gold bricks and are more than happy to pick them up as they followed obediently along show up every few months when they think noone who knows the truth is paying attention anymore.

There's no point to this thread but to try to decieve the gaming public into thinking DnL is something good. And considering DnL is done and over, that makes it even more laughable. Farlan is an idiot. NPcube are idiots. Vuuar is a shit-eatiing idiot. Anyone trying to defend them is an....well, you get the idea.

Originally posted by Zorvan

Ztyx and the other 3 or 4 fanatics...er, I mean "fans".... who actually still believe Farlan shits gold bricks and are more than happy to pick them up as they followed obediently along show up every few months when they think noone who knows the truth is paying attention anymore.
    There's no point to this thread but to try to decieve the gaming public into thinking DnL is something good. And considering DnL is done and over, that makes it even more laughable. Farlan is an idiot. NPcube are idiots. Vuuar is a shit-eatiing idiot. Anyone trying to defend them is an....well, you get the idea.

Zorvan. There is a point. People are getting the wrong idea about Dark and Light and it's generally unfair to give this game such a bad reputation and such a low rating. .. There were many good things about this game and it's unfair that now, 2.5 years after launch it is not online. .. Haters have created the idea with people that everything is wrong with the developers and people behind DnL. That is not true. The deceiving is on your side. .. And even with other games you have always been a big hater. So I would not listent o what you have to say, Zorvan. It seems no matter what the game or concept is, you find things about it that u hate so much u have to diss the whole thing. .. It also explains why you would have that silly skull as ur avatar.  .. You are poison.

• NithoninielNithoniniel Member Posts: 18

Ehm ZtyX... even to a fellow Darkfall fan and someone who liked the original concepts of Dark and Light, and would want to believe what you say... You just come across as someone who doesn't want to see the shortcomings of something you like. I'm sorry, but this will most likely get the opposite effect from what you want.

Ztyx, I'll keep asking this question until you anwser it, real short and simple:

Even if Pix is satan himself, Vworld was just asking to be stolen and you have all the evidence to prove it, how does that erase all the other problems with the game? How does that erase the fact that nobody else at the company could program their way out of a cardboard box? How does that forgive the fact that they stole from their customers and charged money from people who had no desire to play? How does that change the way they lied to and mistreated every single paying customer in every way they could come up with?

How can you sit there and say its not fair that the game is getting a bad reputation, when the reason it has that reputation is because of all the bad things it has done to every single person misfortunate enough to know of its existance?

• EnahowaeEnahowae Member Posts: 59

To the OP: if you are looking so forward to Darkfall (as I also am), then why are you continuing to come on this board and shill for a failed game that even you fear is dead (at least in the West...China may be different)? Just for the sake of peace, go to the "Who is going to Darkfall" thread on this board and post a simple "yes." It'll save you a LOT of abuse here. 

Played: UO, SWG Pre-CU (until 11/16/05), Various F2P's
    Playing: GW
    Awaiting: WAR, DF
    Never played: WoW

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

My D&L xp :

Installed game

Loged in

Made char

Died of 2 hits by lvl 1 mob

Respawned

Died of 2 hits by lvl 1 mob

Deleterd char

Loged out

Deistalled game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• EnahowaeEnahowae Member Posts: 59

Lol. At least you got further than I did. My exp: Installed, couldn't get client to work, found a workaround, couldn't get sound to work, found a workaround, couldn't even log on, discovered that previous workarounds made much of my other games/apps inoperable, got mad, uninstalled, spent a week trying to figure out how to cancel, finally cancelled, still got billed 7 months later...for two accounts!, called bank, disputed charges, got my money back, hated this game ever since.

Played: UO, SWG Pre-CU (until 11/16/05), Various F2P's
    Playing: GW
    Awaiting: WAR, DF
    Never played: WoW

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

Oh god this made me laugh so hard I teared up a bit. Haaaaaaahahahahaa....

There is no reason to lie about this game. It was so bad, so utterly bad, oh god, I am laughing again!!!

Wheeeewww, okay...lie about, what!? Holy cow. This is funny. I am bookmarking this thread. It is that good.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

I just had to go back to make sure this wasn't a necro-post...

It wasn't.

Man, I love this OP.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

Z, dude, are you on medication?

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Enahowae

To the OP: if you are looking so forward to Darkfall (as I also am), then why are you continuing to come on this board and shill for a failed game that even you fear is dead (at least in the West...China may be different)? Just for the sake of peace, go to the "Who is going to Darkfall" thread on this board and post a simple "yes." It'll save you a LOT of abuse here. 

With all the wonderful games on the market today, the OP is spending all his time crying over one of the worst games in MMO history?

And, on top of that, he's a Darkfall fan.

So... He's gonna go from Dark & Light to Darkfall?

LOL!

Talk about some people never learning....

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by COORS

Originally posted by Enahowae

With all the wonderful games on the market today, the OP is spending all his time crying over one of the worst games in MMO history?

And, on top of that, he's a Darkfall fan.

So... He's gonna go from Dark & Light to Darkfall?

LOL!

Talk about some people never learning....

I believe the word is "masochist".

• RadiickRadiick Member Posts: 94

I am STILL waiting to get my refund!! I canceled my order way before it was released and they still charged me................so I said What the heck might as well DL it then installed it, created my toon logged in but could not see 2 meters in front of me, they claimed a Video Card shading problem........waited and waited for them to fix it, 3 weeks go by, finally able to see yet (like the other poster here kept dying to a level 1 mob every single time I confronted it).....So this time canceled my account once more............they charged me again and would not through their (pay client) aknowledge my cancellation so I ask my credit card to NOT authorize any purchases via them anymore...............This was the worst MMO purchase experience I have ever had......DnL not only screwed me out of my hard eanerd money but it sure looks like they did it to many............And now some ask why I question Darkfall so much?

Its worse to actually think about doing something then actually doing it!!!

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Nithoniniel

Ehm ZtyX...  I'm sorry, but this will most likely get the opposite effect from what you want.

Which brings me to a sudden realization:  ZtyX is actually the ultimate "hater" of DnL.  Think about it.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Is this for real? Why defend a dead game?

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Is this for real? Why defend a dead game?

he's instane that's why

• hamsternatorhamsternator Member UncommonPosts: 13

You know what I find scary? That his avatar is the Darkfall logo.

Somehow I feel he's tainting the unborn game just by following it... by his very defending of DnL he warps the fabric of reality and drags any game he endorses into a cesspool of incompetence.

Whether Darkfall ends up a DnL story remains to be seen, of course - just saying that "with friends like these..."