Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asda Story: Asda Review

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Joe Iuliani has been playing GamesCampus' Asda Story and reports back today with his findings on the game.

“Find your Soul Mate”

No this is not an ad for an online dating service; this is the tagline for Asda Story.

Asda Story is a free to download and free to play game brought to you by the folks at Games Campus. The downloading and installation of the game were fairly quick and relatively painless. You do need to create a Games Campus account before you get started, and this account information will also be used to log you into the game. Once downloaded and installed I ran into some trouble starting the game. It took me a couple of attempts to get the game up and running. I installed Asda Story on a Windows Vista Ultimate, Dual Core E6750 @2.66, Dual ATI Radeon HD 3850, with 2 Gig Corsair RAM over a cable modem. Once inside the game, the game play ran very smoothly. The one in-game feature that worked flawlessly was the in-game link to the web based Games Campus market place for all your real cash transactions. Funny how they got that part right. The game controls and dynamics of Asda Story are pretty much the standard of what gamers have come to expect from the majority of fantasy based games. You have your hot bar, a mini map in the upper right corner, chat in the bottom left corner, and general mouse point and click movement.

Read the review here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Pretty good review.  I expect that players that like the manga style will look into this.  The soul mate system remind me alot of the vassal system in Asheron's Call except that Asheron's call was more a pyramid scheme.

• headcacheheadcache Member Posts: 61

You mentioned you had trouble starting the game up for the first couple of times. Do you know the reason? Or did you just keep clicking and it started working on its own?

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

Lol Asda story. Do you get to run around with shopping trollys killing monsters, while hunting for groceries?

• d0n0d0n0 Member Posts: 123

-Hey! lets create a new mmo!

-Hey! good idea! , Name?

-wait... asdaqwertykvgfnd...   Asda!

-Cool!

There is no knowledge that is no power.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Wtf?? A MMO shopping game??

ok... L10 Student LFG to hit the frozen food section! Burgers are ok, but pref Pizza! pst!

(sorry, UK joke, kinda, that I couldnt resist)

*edit* AND I hadnt read Blades post above lol... sorry Blade :)

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by vesavius

Wtf?? A MMO shopping game??
    ok... L10 Student LFG to hit the frozen food section! Burgers are ok, but pref Pizza! pst!
    (sorry, UK joke, kinda, that I couldnt resist)
    *edit* AND I hadnt read Blades post above lol... sorry Blade :)

Hehe np.

Imagine it now....... Playing a young shelf stacker or trolly attendant, rising through the ranks becoming a supervisor while remembering what isle the bread is on, what the special offers are this week. With perceverance maybe one day you will be "Regional area manager". 

• BlutoBluto Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 2
    Originally posted by headcache

You mentioned you had trouble starting the game up for the first couple of times. Do you know the reason? Or did you just keep clicking and it started working on its own?

Never found a concrete reason, a couple reboots later and it kicked on.

• MhirMhir Member Posts: 41

did I see it right? There were bunnies? So how thus this game work? Is this a newly released game or what else? I wish I could try out many mmo games, coz I do really want to meet up with other gamers like me.

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164

Didn't Ragnarok Online have a marriage system that implemented husband/wife skills or some other nonsense, too? This soul mate system doesn't sound too far off from that.

Call me cynical, but this game just seems like another copy-paste-micro-payment=instant-cash type of game. Not to say the article was bad; I enjoy reading about pretty much anything, and the review itself was excellent.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47

A part of me believes this game actually winds up as a dating service

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Pfft it's not even a sandbox like Tesco Journey 3 is.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

Monstrous Item shop for virtual stuff >.>