Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF New MMO

nanovipernanoviper Member UncommonPosts: 64

So, I'll Freely admit I'm a day one WoW player, and I've played off and on since then. I've taken serveral breaks to play other games like Age of conan but in the end nothing has brought me any joy. Right now I'm looking for a new expirence, PVP or PVE, something I haven't seen before, Maybe something story driven or a pvp game with a sandbox enviroment, Im taking all suggestions (except those reguarding EVE).

Blizzard uses WOW to harvest hours played into bottles so that the dev team can remain immortal

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Ryzom is a nice andbox and if your looking for something totally different try out atlantica online

• SilkskinSilkskin Member Posts: 41

There's a new game comming out this year, darkfall

this game is PvP oriented, but players can do most anything npcs have previously done in games, design own armour, weapons, your guild/clan can build cities, get resources to hire npc guards, seige other cities - you could just be a pirate..there's ship to ship combat, shooting from boat to boat with manned cannons or spells/arrows.

It says a fully geared max "lvl'd" (no real levels in game, just training skills up) player who was bad, could get rolled by 4 freshly new characters who were good. 100% skill based game, about building up your clan, or just reacking havock on people and doing whatever you want. - instead of grinding to max level then being decked out in epic gear.

When you die all your gear drops and players are free to take it, just forget that gear means alot, not like that in this game - can use anything you pick up, assuming there isn't any class restriction. Can be a mage in plate armour, will just cast slower.

Strong reputation system going from good and evil, can attack anyone anywhere if you can live with the consequences of the reputation hit, and any guards who may be in area if it's a city. Can go to war between own races , and clans.

No class limitation, can use diffrent types of mage/range/melee to various extents.

- graphics are kind of meh, just most of what you find will be 2002 gameplay videos, they say their updating graphics currently.

Worth looking into regardless, just to see if you like the concept - write up on this site answers alot of questions.

Will cost money to buy, and be pay to play (10 dollar/month) about 50 dollars on release date

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Till darkfall arrives, you should play Vanguard Saga of heroes, if you could play AoC you wont have any problem. It is such a great game at the moment, if you want pvp you can join the FFA PvP server Sartok. There is a trial island of 14 days you can try and decide, you wont regret it I think. 

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by nanoviper

So, I'll Freely admit I'm a day one WoW player, and I've played off and on since then. I've taken serveral breaks to play other games like Age of conan but in the end nothing has brought me any joy. Right now I'm looking for a new expirence, PVP or PVE, something I haven't seen before, Maybe something story driven or a pvp game with a sandbox enviroment, Im taking all suggestions (except those reguarding EVE).

Guild Wars is largely seen as the second most successful MMO in terms of sales in the Western market. I suggest you give it a try. It is largely story-driven (animated cutscenes with voice) and skill-based, as opposed to item-based like WoW. There's a low level cap, the PvP is awesome and there's plenty to do. Best of all it's free to play once the box is yours and properly supported (no gold spam etc.)

• Iceman32Iceman32 Member Posts: 80

Magic of the Gods is also sandbox with PvP and a storyline that matters, but can be changed drastically in by player actions. It definitely different. It is an Indie game though so it's not polished and it's still in beta too. It's F2P though.

Games played:

Runescape -------------- www.runescape.com
    Magic of the Gods ------ www.magicofthegods.com
    Saga of Ryzom ---------- www.ryzom.com
    World of Warcraft ------- www.worldofwarcraft.com

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Spellborn is coming out very soon and is worth to try.

The noob zone is F2P but the rest of the game have monthly fees so you can try it out without any cost :)

Otherwise is Guildwars worth a look if you havn't tried it... It is far from any other game.

• humanrogue67humanrogue67 Member Posts: 14

atlantica online is for you...

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by humanrogue67

atlantica online is for you...

Atlantica although a good game it dosen't fit his criteria