Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't find (supposedly) acquired Mastery Skills

Okay, I just hit Lv19 Swordmaster.  I went down the center tree, Path of Vaul for defenses / tanking.  I have put in 5 points into this Mastery.

There's 2 things that should have been acquired according to the Mastery Trainer.

3 pts - Perfect Defense (Passive)

5 pts - Redirected Force (Instant Cast)

But for the life of me I cannot find any of these skills in the Abilities listing.  I've looked everywhere in it, but cannot see it.

Is there something I'm missing to get these skills I supposedly got and put the points into?

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Comments

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

Put points into the actual skill, not only the things leading up to it.

Search ftw, ffs.

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

You have to spend one more point to learn each skill. After you get one more point, just click on the skill icon and you'll have the option to unlock it.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• trevornortrevornor Member Posts: 154

I'll take a look into it for you, but it will have to wait til tomorrow when I talk to a guildie that is playing the Sword Master and take a peek over his shoulder when I visit.

I can only tell you an odd thing I noticed with my Witch Hunter, is that in my Mastery Tree, I earned something that modified/required a skill I had not learned yet. Until I get it, I won't get the Mastery skill. Check to see what skill those advancements are attached to and see if you have learned them yet.

I'll have a more direct answer for you tomorrow.

Have a good evening

• OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467

I ran into same problem on my WH yesterday..so may be it is same situation for you.

Turns out that the passive abbility tactic buff i get for searing blades or whatever its called, although i have it in my mastery skills all bought up, i don't have the core skill yet for it to be of any use (or accsessible) infact, i am level 17 and will not get to use the abbility untily lvl 25...which seems a bit f'ed up tbh considering it is the first thing on the mastery skills ladder..oh well.

I pressume when i reach lvl 25 and get the core skill trained i will be able to access the tactic aswell.

hope this may shed some light on it for you.

EDIT: oh, i see the poster above stated same thing kind of..damn, now i wish i read his whole post before looking stupid :(

:)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by Warmaker

Okay, I just hit Lv19 Swordmaster.  I went down the center tree, Path of Vaul for defenses / tanking.  I have put in 5 points into this Mastery.
    There's 2 things that should have been acquired according to the Mastery Trainer.
    3 pts - Perfect Defense (Passive)
    5 pts - Redirected Force (Instant Cast)
    But for the life of me I cannot find any of these skills in the Abilities listing.  I've looked everywhere in it, but cannot see it.
    Is there something I'm missing to get these skills I supposedly got and put the points into?

the skills in the mastery ladders are NOT granted automatically. When you get to 3 points, you NEED to spend a fourth on the skill itself to unlock it.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

www.wardb.com/career.aspx

Use that to help. But you can't just press the + button and get all the skills. Once you increase the tree enough to where you are on the skill, you then can purchase the skil with your mastery points by clicking on it.