Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game Content

2»

Comments

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by nitefly

Originally posted by Goldknyght

Originally posted by alakram

Welcome to the mmorpg world. Every mmorpg is the same, kill the mob, get exp, repeat.

So no, this game is not more or less boring. Try it for free when trials or buddy start working and take your own decision.

Yeah but a trial wont take you to end game.

If the trial is 14 days I wouldn't be surprised if you could reach end game. I easily reached level 20 within 10 days of casual play.

I'm aware the XP curve is getting steeper above level 20 but I would expect that it could be done.

Yeah but in a trial most games arnt open end to get to whatever level you like. They stop you like a 10 or something. I know EQ is like this.

• trevornortrevornor Member Posts: 154

End game content. It depends on how you are set up in the first place.

For the character, there is the RvR and helping unlock the opposing city to be sacked, but that requires effort accross all Tiers of the game, so alts are everyone's friend.

Second there are figuring out and finishing off tome unlocks, a fun challenge in itself, except the kill X ones, which I admit is a bit of a grind end game.

Third, that's when alot of the dungeons become available within your own city, and when you start sacking the opposing one, that city as well.

Fourth, you can help continue to advance your guild, which has 40 ranks to earn itself.

Fifth, there are at least 6 Senerios to enjoy at the top tier.

Sixth is advancing your own city, that unlocks top tier content.

Seventh, Last Tier for Empire (for example) has 9 Public Quests, 3 additional ones that unlock while sacking the opposing city, a Lair, 3 different racial keeps to try and take and fight over, each with a different set of bosses.

Need anymore information? I'd be glad to add to this.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Zsavooz

Originally posted by Distaste

Originally posted by bodypass

Originally posted by PHInnocent

Here's WAR in a nutshell: RvR
    End Game isn't PvE, Mid Game isn't PvE, Start isn't PvE
    Heck, in this game you aren't even forced to PvE to develop your character.

Or you can put it otherwise:

End Game is Head bashing, Mid Game is Head bashing, Start is Head Bashing.

Meaning you've seen all the game at level 14.

The only thing that changes is the numbers of heads bashed and getting renowned for it.

Even the Keeps all have the same lay-out. Door knocking, enter, take the first stairs left (actually roll up left because it was too expensive to make some real stairs). Mayhem melee fight and take out the NPC boss.

Zergfest Done.

Repeat X times. For Chaos: celibrate. For Order: loose - as always.

Welcome the new shiny kid of MMORPG's, but don't try to emote, because there's no emotes (as a million other standard MMORPG things left out in this game).

Lasting appeal: for the intelligent : one week.

For the blind  carried over by hatred : two months.

For the Johnnys between us: for ever.

Gotta love the Non-RvR players trying to put an RvR game down.

If you don't like PvP then don't play a PvP game. PvPers play for the battles not for how different a keep looks.

By level 14 you only have a taste of the RvR. There are still 12+ scenarios you haven't played. You haven't raided a city. You haven't had a battle at a fort.  The point is not that the Keeps/BO are the same it is the way that the battles play out and the different zones offer different battles.

Not to mention: Mount gunbad, Bastion Stair, Lost Vale, 3 rank 40 instances, and the king encounters for those who like a little PvE. Don't expect the boss battles there to be tank and spank either so come with your thinking cap equiped.

If you don't like PvP then sure it will get boring fairly quickly but by then Mythic will have added new things. There is plenty to see and do and it is truly a PvPers dream with the wide range of environments to smash peoples heads in.

what cracks me up is how people are already discussing end game when many of us are just starting out. I'm level 13, end game is not even in my corss fires, yet. What is the rush to get to end game? I thought the game was about playing and enjoying the game? At least it is, for me.

/agree

I'm lvl 10 on two toons, and I haven't even began to THINK about end game. I mean whats the point?

To people like Bodypass, and all of the other people brought up on WoW the end game is everything because in WoW they only update new Raids, and care nothing about any other content.

Well, Bodypass, I have this to say to you; Go back to WoW. Wotlk is coming out, enjoy that, hell enjoy whatever you want, but enjoy SOMETHING enough to stop trolling here...that or go get hit by a car. Either one is good for me. In fact, I'd go so far as to say getting hit by a car works better for me.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796
    Originally posted by trevornor

For the character, there is the RvR and helping unlock the opposing city to be sacked, but that requires effort accross all Tiers of the game, so alts are everyone's friend.
    Second there are figuring out and finishing off tome unlocks, a fun challenge in itself, except the kill X ones, which I admit is a bit of a grind end game.
    Third, that's when alot of the dungeons become available within your own city, and when you start sacking the opposing one, that city as well.
    Fourth, you can help continue to advance your guild, which has 40 ranks to earn itself.
    Seventh, Last Tier for Empire (for example) has 9 Public Quests, 3 additional ones that unlock while sacking the opposing city, a Lair, 3 different racial keeps to try and take and fight over, each with a different set of bosses.

I love when someone comes along and proves all the naysayers and trolls wrong by providing correct and REAL information.

Thank you ;)

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• trevornortrevornor Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by JonMichael

Originally posted by trevornor

I love when someone comes along and proves all the naysayers and trolls wrong by providing correct and REAL information.

Thank you ;)

You are most welcome.

• niteflynitefly Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by DarkPony
    Irony yes :) But also, don't forget about the difference between criticism and hater-trolling of people who are so happy with their favorite game (WoW in the case of Bodypass) that instead of playing that game they'd rather troll the competition's boards to tell them how awful those other games are and completely disregarding the fact that people can have different tastes or failing to reckognize any positives to those other games.
    On the note of other boards: for game info on WAR I switched to Warhammeralliance like a lot of us have.
    It is more informative, criticism is constructive rather then the endless rants of haters or maybe even payed trolls because it gets filled by people who actually play the game. If you want to compare mmo's mmorpg.com is the right place. If you are trolling and try to convince people not to play or to do play a certain game mmorpg.com is the right place. If you have found your game of choice and enjoy playing it, you move to a game specific board for more in depth info on classes, realms, RvR and whatnot.
    I have a feeling that most level-minded people will be able to look past the most overtly vocal and ranting people (positive or negative doesn't matter). Any poster stating "This is the best game ever" is equally pointless to the poster stating "This is the worst game ever". It lacks anything that validates their posting and apart from being a simple labelling of themselves ("Hello, I'm Bob, I don't like Warhammer!" The chorus answers: "HELLO BOB!") it serves no real value.

At the end of the day, the only one making up your mind is yourself. And I for one am too old to still be afraid of trolls.

• kujiikujii Member UncommonPosts: 190

I don't know how the game is "all about RVR" when I have about 30 quests in my log from just one area.  I have rvr'd a bit and quested a bit.  There seems to be a good mix of both.  They have some cool looking rvr layouts and have some different things like pouring burning oil on your enemies or shooting them with a huge bolt shooter.  Contrary to what's stated above,  there is character customization through using Trophies and dye kits.  I have yet to see anyone with my same armor.  Upon character creation I was surprised with the number of different looks you could come up with. 

With a good computer and settings on high I think the graphics are pretty good, and the Inevitable City looks very nice.  Lag; I don't seem to get anymore than WoW for instance.  I have yet to die due to it in rvr or pve.  I like the fact you can level up through either rvr or pve and if you are winning you get alot more points doing rvr.  

They have socketed type armor right off the bat and you can specialize in making item to put in the armor if you like.  I thought that was nice.  Also, this is one of the few games I have ever bothered with doing any kind of crafting, and I think it is set up pretty good as you don't have to search the world for one gold mine and then wait for 2 hours trying to tap it while others are jumping on it.  All your crafting items come from npc's/monsters you kill.  You can combine different items while crafting to get different effects. 

An overall decent game but not earth shattering in any form that I have seen so far.  I really don't think many have experienced the end game content this soon.   If they have they are few and far between and haven't had enough other players at end game to experience much. 

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

You sir are a fruitcake

The only thing that changes is the numbers of heads bashed and getting renowned for it.

Even the Keeps all have the same lay-out. Door knocking, enter, take the first stairs left (actually roll up left because it was too expensive to make some real stairs). Mayhem melee fight and take out the NPC boss.

Zergfest Done.

The Keeps change layout in every tier and are different in the 3 racial zones. Stop spreading lies.

If that was true then all keeps would always be chaos and that would mean chaos can not celebrate (not celibrate) since they can not take over keeps. But that is not so and keeps change hands every day multiple times.

Welcome the new shiny kid of MMORPG's, but don't try to emote, because there's no emotes (as a million other standard MMORPG things left out in this game).

There are /emotes and plenty of them, why do you spread lies?

Why you keep posting lies about the game is beyond me, either you have not played it or you are ignorant of the facts.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• walker68walker68 Member UncommonPosts: 156

Thats why I love this game :)

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by girlgeek

Originally posted by Dreadlich

bodypass, sgel and many other ubertrolls around here should be permabanned from this site IMO. I'm starting to believe this site has started accepting money from companies to allow viral marketing. It's painfully obvious they're nothing but trolls.

While I appreciate most of the well thought out comments on this site, the above is an example of something I find becoming a sad trend.  By all means, if someone doesn't agree with you regarding your favorite game, then they must be a "paid employee" of the competitor.  Better yet....let's just call anyone voicing an opposing opinion in regards to our "pet game" a troll.

The word "troll" is used on these forums so much, it's becoming completely numbing.  I've even seen people called "trolls" that are entirely regular posters on the site, that just don't happen to agree with someone.  The person calling them a troll had about 5 posts and a membership registration date of approximately a month ago, the one they were CALLING a troll, had been a site member for years and had hundreds of posts.  It's just ridiculous.

If you don't agree with someone's post, it's fine to say so, but just randomly tossing the "troll" word about, truly makes people look ignorant and incapable of a better argument, so they call someone a derogatory name instead....kind of like, "Well I'll just call you a moron and leave it at that.  THAT will end the argument, since I can't think of anything better to say."  This is very juvenile.

Incidentally, I'm not accusing the above quoted poster of this repeated abuse of the word "troll," as I haven't studied his prior posts to be able to determine if he is one of the abusers of the word or not.  I don't think I, personally, have EVER used that word on this site in ANY post I've made, because to me it seems awfully close to the childish thumbing of the nose and name-calling tactics children use in gradeschool before they know HOW to debate.

Note:  Sorry for the unintentional off-topic post, but this seemed like a good place to comment on this issue, as it seems to keep "popping up" everywhere.

Feel free to do a tiny bit of research on your own. Look at their account creation date. Look through their post history. They post a lot and every single one is something negative toward WAR or it's fans. If they aren't the definition of troll (not just a singular trollish post, but an actual troll) then I agree that I don't understand the meaning of the word.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

• Whiskeyjack1Whiskeyjack1 Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Dreadlich

bodypass, sgel and many other ubertrolls around here should be permabanned from this site IMO. I'm starting to believe this site has started accepting money from companies to allow viral marketing. It's painfully obvious they're nothing but trolls.

seriously 99% of this troll post says " But WAR doesn't have flying mount thus it sucks". Pure retard.

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

Like Kshahdoo said, people are talking about the endgame because the endgame is already taking place on some servers.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124161

Altdorf was sacked and most of the thread is complaining that: it's not fair, the people that did it should go back to WoW, that Mythic should have made it so you can't attack a city anytime you want, and one guy even said the attackers should be banned.

War is fun until you lose, I guess.

• boomerangxboomerangx Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by skullquaker

Zergfest Done.

so what your saying is it the same stuff over and over again think ill leave it few more months then  befor i buy

influenced by a ftl...

anyway - the endgame in this game is exactly how the 1st response stated...this is a very PVP oriented game with dabs of PVE found scattered throughout...

I play a lot of games...