Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I Play Destruction

Sure, I've always loved the monsters, but that's not it. Destruction looks pretty sexy, but that's not it either. My first character is a Witch Hunter. Playing High Elves in long robes isn't a threat to my masculinity.  The Dwarf Engineer is good for a giggle or two. My main reason for avoiding Order is more visceral, something deep, yet seemingly shallow at the same time.

It's the Bright Wizards. I hate 'em.  

It's that damned high-pitched grunt they make when they trigger that AOE spell that many I've seen seem to use for everything.  Playing a Witch Hunter, I always have the urge to run a passing BW through with a rapier. But I can't.

So I play Destruction.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Comments

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

You forgot to add:  because the game is ez mode playing destruction.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Originally posted by Black_Elvis

What are you talking about? There is no "ez mode". Are you a frustrated Order player?

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by LordDraekon

What are you talking about? There is no "ez mode". Are you a frustrated Order player?

You imply that the game is balanced, then admit it's frustrating playing Order side.  You should be a politician the way you can speak from both sides of your mouth at the same time.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by LordDraekon

You imply that the game is balanced, then admit it's frustrating playing Order side.  You should be a politician the way you can speak from both sides of your mouth at the same time.

You certain that was his mouth?

Wow. Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I never said the game was balanced. Playing Destruction side doesn't automatically get you a penthouse on Easy Street.  My attempt at a slightly humorous anecdote gets turned into a "poor Order" argument.

Check my previous posts. And try eating more fiber.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

I have only found one class on the Order side I like.  Destruction has 4 I like so far. 

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I play order because I like the extra challenge and I like the short scenario queue times. 

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by Rytif

Actually, Destruction is purely easy mode. Destruction is inhabited by the mangirl league, those of which would rather play with barbies than G.I. Joe. So this would then give me the conclusion that Destruction is also inhabited by smelly fatty mc fat fat geeks. Though this is purely speculation, but I believe we are in the correct territory.
    They remind me of an angry chihuahua, they act all mean at first because of their small size; but cower in the corners when confronted.
    Pwned.

Hmmm...kinda sounds like flamers who insult people they don't know on the internet. You need to be more careful what medications you mix together, friend.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Rytif

Actually, Destruction is purely easy mode. Destruction is inhabited by the mangirl league, those of which would rather play with barbies than G.I. Joe. So this would then give me the conclusion that Destruction is also inhabited by smelly fatty mc fat fat geeks. Though this is purely speculation, but I believe we are in the correct territory.
    They remind me of an angry chihuahua, they act all mean at first because of their small size; but cower in the corners when confronted.
    Pwned.

lol.. Self-congratulatory much?

You basically regurgitate every ignorant stereotype known inside of two paragraphs and then pat yourself on the back for it.

I'll bet you're the coolest person you've ever met. Do you have letters stuck to a mirror that arc over your reflection and say "#1 Bad Ass"?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops