Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: You've Decided to Play a Goblin Shaman?

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Warhammer Online Correspondent David Beamer writes this introductory article for WAR players who choose to start life as a Goblin Shaman.

Creating your character in WAR is a very easy and straightforward process. There are no stats for you to tweak, just the look of your character to customize. So without further ado make your Gobbo as funny looking or serious as you like and enter the game on your chosen server.

You've chosen to make a Goblin Shaman, so before we go any further let me explain what you have taken on by doing so. You are a healing class and so people are going to expect you to heal, whether you want to or not, and if you choose to ignore healing you are missing out on a large part of your potential. In addition to aforementioned items you have to learn the basic class mechanic for the Shaman, how to harness the power of the WAAAAGHH!

At the bottom of your screen, you will see two Orc faces, one yellow and one red. The yellow one is Mork and the red one refers to Gork who are the Greenskin Gods. When you cast a damaging (DPS) spell the yellow face's mouth will open and the number one will appear. This indicates you have built up WAAAAGHH! for your healing spells, and if you were to now cast a healing spell it would gain a bonus to it. However, you can increase that bonus all the way up to 5, so if you cast 4 more damaging spells you would be able to cast a healing spell with a big bonus. The same applies vice versa too, so the more healing spells you cast in a row, the bigger bonus you will receive to your DPS spells, but once that spell is cast the bonus is spent and you must re-accrue the bonus.

Read the article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124

Great guide!!! I luv my shammy Hes rank 13 at the moment, and ive chosen the healing path (Path of Mork). Hes an uber healer, god knows what hes gonna be like at level 40

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Nice write up, thanks.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ZkilfinGZkilfinG Member Posts: 30

Nice basic guide. But it isn't very specific to shamans. Most of this things are general, and allthough good I expected a more in depth guide how to actually play a shaman well. How to make use of the WAAAAGH properly, how to best use your healing and damage spells, and so on.

Playing: Xbox360.
    Played: NC, WoW, EvE, WAR, LOTRO.
    Waiting: Dust 514, SW:TOR, Infinity:TQFE, et al.

• ZeusDvZeusDv Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 38

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

Just wanted to clear up that this is a Newbie guide, I wanted people that didn't know anything about the game to be able to use it.

I do plan on doing follow up articles in the future, which will be a lot more Shaman specific.

WAAAAAGHHH!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well done article, thank you.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Yup, the class is a lot of fun if you like variety in gameplay. Making a dps shammy is hardly worth the effort though. At least that is my experience. If you really want to deal casting damage roll a Sorc or BW.  I am specced fully Gork at level 22 / rr 18 and it still takes long to take someone or something down. All bits help while leveling though and my healing is not nerfed beyond usefullness. No problems with being a solo healer on ch11 Public Quests yet, for instance

When your moral bar is up however, and you first build up some Gork with healing and shielding spells it is possible to do some good damage.

Best bit about shammies is their duality; In groups you will mainly be healing, debuffing and dotting but whenever the healthbars are under control you can swap to dealing damage.