Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As I expected. WAR is boring.

123457»

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

just RvR, end game RvR, come on...that's al lthis game is good for, but that's BIG!!! WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by severius

Originally posted by LuckyR

So where can I go to actually get a REAL opinion on this game? If it isn't Trolls, it's Fanbois.
    Can anyone that PLAYED/PLAYS the game give a real account of it?

TIA

Definitely not a troll, and would not call myself a fanboi.  If mythic screws the pooch on this one I will call it as I see it.

Here is my situation:  Been playing these things since NWN on the AOL network.  Was a beta tester for Meridian 59, Sierra's the Realm, UO, EQ, DAOC, AO...... and tested Warhammer Online.  This is the first game that I have pre-ordered since UO.

I have played them all, most for short periods of time, others for far longer.  Was a Volunteer Counselor in UO and played that game for well over a year.  Got into SWG played that for a solid chunk of time until the holodebacle, went back before the CU played and had fun even through the CU but left with the NGE though I tried it again a few months later but couldnt stand it.  Played WOW for a total of 6 months, 3 lvl 60's before bc (1 hunter on pvp realm, NE Hunter on pve and a Tauren shammie to kill off guildies that irked me lol).  Played LoTRO for about 3 or 4 months, EQ2 for about 3 months Vanguard for a couple weeks and AoC for a couple weeks. 

Now, that that is out of the way and gives you a picture of my gaming here is why I enjoy Warhammer:

1. What other games have for endgame Mythic gave us from level 1.
    2. Balance, while still a little rough, is not totally out of whack.
    3. RVR
    4. Storyline is great, I always liked warhammer but I do like 40k better
    5. PVE is run of the mill with some nice twists
    6. Public Quests are awesome
    7. open group mechanic
    8. open field rvr is fun and keep seiges are great
    9. scenario rvr is a good deal of fun
    10. game is generally very stable and most importantly
    11. What Mythic promised would and wouldn't be there was represented honestly and clearly

Whether its for you or not, thats your own decision.  I beta tested this game for over a year before release and am having more fun now than I did back then even with the imbalances and small bug issues.

i knew i saw tog on volkmar :)

used to kick your butts on valcyn in swg as well :P

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by AstralGeth

Originally posted by Orthedos

Originally posted by Orthedos

This is exactly the point I wonder.  If you want to have no resurrection for yourself, fine.  Why do you care if others get their resurrections?  They paid for their game and they likes resurrections.  Why do you want to rule their preferences?

"... everyone else just continues" you said, and so well said.  Its everyone else, and none of your business.

I already explained why I care in that post.

I'm not trying to "rule their preferences." They are logging into the same game I am with the same rules. And it is my business because I'm paying for my entertainment just as you are paying for a game that suits your preferences.

They are loggin into the same game you are with the same rules, in their eyes you are just another Mr nobody logging into the game.  Why should they listen to your views about perma-deaths?  If they want perma-deaths they will work out their own methods.

I'm already playing an MMO that has a game-wide rule set I enjoy, my main point it that the ruleset I enjoy does work for many people (yes, a more niche/non-mainstream audience) and PvP-centric games don't have to have the rush > kill > die > respawn > repeat to be extremely fun and rewarding for a lot of people. I'm not pro-permadeath, but I would like to see more of a variety of games (new or old) adopt a more strick rule set in PvP regarding persistent world objectives and "death" (again, not perma-death). I don't care if it's game-wide rules or restricted to a few servers.

OK point taken and fully understood.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Vato26

Originally posted by gestalt11

Originally posted by TheSheikh

Originally posted by Itirel

Originally posted by huxflux2004

Originally posted by TheSheikh

Thank you Huxflux..... for your intelligent and well written out response.....
    I believe I am going to go delete all of my characters and unsubscribe now, due to this realisation.

Happy to hear that. Now you might stop burning your brain cells and try out a more intelligent game, like EVE-Online.

I think TheSheikh was being sarcastic... I hope.

I guess the .....'s didn't work!

Next time I'll use the /sarcasm indicator.

Why play Eve when I can play an even more intelligenter game like scrabble, which has more action in it anyway.

True... or just mess around MS Excel.  At least Excel is free, while EvE costs you monthly sub... and they're essentially the same thing.

Weird, two common complaints against EVE are "it's a spreadsheet / no action" and "you just get ganked randomly at gates by old players."

Makes me realize most people don't "get" EVE. Your experience is up to what YOU make of it.

no getting involved... they just never played it.

games that don't hold your hands frighten the children.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• sydricsydric Member Posts: 45

Although one could tell by reading the info that Mythic was giving out during these last 2 years, this is now a fact for everyone. WAR is boring. No innovation at all. A game that plays exactly the same way as WoW or LotRO. All that PQ and ToK crap is nothing else than the usual MMO elements in a different wrapping (the wrapping being not very different itself). I need some answers from the fans. Why were you so excited with the ToK? How different is it from LotROs book thingy, and how can it change the way you are experiencing the game? What about PQs? What is so exciting about those? And the combat. Oh my. ABSOLUTELY no new ideas. Slow, repetitive, easy. As uninteresting as it can get.

The only thing I kind of like is GUI. Although it has bugs all over the place.

OPEN mouth INSERT foot.

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sydricm054gf6.jpg

• SaggraSaggra Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by sydric

Although one could tell by reading the info that Mythic was giving out during these last 2 years, this is now a fact for everyone. WAR is boring. No innovation at all. A game that plays exactly the same way as WoW or LotRO. All that PQ and ToK crap is nothing else than the usual MMO elements in a different wrapping (the wrapping being not very different itself). I need some answers from the fans. Why were you so excited with the ToK? How different is it from LotROs book thingy, and how can it change the way you are experiencing the game? What about PQs? What is so exciting about those? And the combat. Oh my. ABSOLUTELY no new ideas. Slow, repetitive, easy. As uninteresting as it can get.

The only thing I kind of like is GUI. Although it has bugs all over the place.

OPEN mouth INSERT foot.

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sydricm054gf6.jpg

You must be playing on the lowest settings, thats the worst screen ive seen in years, ugly as sin . you sure that isnt from a game made 10 years ago

• AdnoxAdnox Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 3

Are you even playing or is that someone elses SS? This game is very different than the others. RvR is by far the coolest thing ever. Maybe you should go back to another game.

• kruzzkidkruzzkid Member Posts: 5

War is boring? YES, the PQ's are too easy and sometimes its empty at all, even boss in karazhan have more solid teamwork for it, KEEP siege with guild? happen with us in ironclaw all night but now is more like point leech other than keep siege ,ppl just doesnt care with winning in tier, just want point after got some KEEP and BO's and they just abandon it, not even defend the castle, my conclusion is WAR=WOW but WOW > WAR ,wow have more content and all RVR just same with BG's in WOW, but with long downtime queque, wow much more better with 30 sec queque for BGs in med pop realm. and  WAR seems better for players who never play end game content in WOW

This discussion has been closed.