Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A good server for me and my girlfriend?

TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

So, my girlfriend and I are coming to Star Wars Galaxies (me from Pre-CU), and I have done some research to see that some of these servers are very, very, well, not "dead," but not booming, either.

Therefore, I was hoping some of you experts could help us find the best server to hop into the ol' rebel verse imperial fight on? We're just looking for the most populated server, period.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

- Tryken

Comments

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

Bria or Bloodfin.

If you want lots of alone time with your girl I suggest Kauri.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Originally posted by Tryken

So, my girlfriend and I are coming to Star Wars Galaxies (me from Pre-CU), and I have done some research to see that some of these servers are very, very, well, not "dead," but not booming, either.
    Therefore, I was hoping some of you experts could help us find the best server to hop into the ol' rebel verse imperial fight on? We're just looking for the most populated server, period.
    Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

You need to take into account your time zone and the time you and your girlfriend plan to play the game when making your selection. The most populated servers are Bria (West Coast), Bloofin (East Coast) and Chimaera (Europe).

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

If you want alot of people who do PvP and PvE then Bria is your best bet. If you and your girlfriend want a ton of PvP then head over to Bloodfin. If the two of you like to Role Play, and like to do Space Stuff then head over to Starsider.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Kazara

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

You need to take into account your time zone and the time you and your girlfriend plan to play the game when making your selection. The most populated servers are Bria (West Coast), Bloofin (East Coast) and Chimaera (Europe).

After a merger, whose should be the only three.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Hey I wanna come back!! Which server has pre-cu on it?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rickbmbrickbmb Member UncommonPosts: 72

Not happening, the 3 devs and 2 csr they have left wouldn't know what to do with all the subs that would come in.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

As stated before it depends on your timezone and game time availability..  i can however suggest Chimeara if your in the EU, everyone i knew (that kept playing the farse) from back in the day went there. i can't suggest any others as i haven't checked them out.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

Kauri is probably your best option for a server.

Tecmo Bowl.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

SWG is dead, you have to wait for KOTOR if you like the Star Wars genre.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579
    Originally posted by Thunderous

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

Kauri was the only server i played on for 3 years, i went on to check it out about 3-4 months ago and it had no more than 6 people online in the entire galaxy..   what alternate dimension are you living in m8 lol

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Antaran

Originally posted by Thunderous

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks!
    - Tryken

Kauri was the only server i played on for 3 years, i went on to check it out about 3-4 months ago and it had no more than 6 people online in the entire galaxy..   what alternate dimension are you living in m8 lol

You caught me being sarcastic.  I don't understand what would compel you to throw away your time and money on a game this poorly designed, with mechanics this pathetic, and with no population.

It isn't logical to me.

Tecmo Bowl.

• rexobviaterexobviate Member Posts: 10

My Wife & I are Imperials on Starsider.  More than welcome to rp with us..

Send me a tell here or ingame  vREXv

No Apologies

• mitarratmitarrat Member UncommonPosts: 50

I agree, Starsider is the best option.  I just started playing again and there are a lot of friendly people that have helped me with my new character ((my old one is trapped on an abandoned server))

• BadmortaginBadmortagin Member Posts: 25

I would vote for Bloodfin. I played there on and off since go live. Good population, some good PVP and some good crafters.

EQ - Tergan - Retired
    EQ2 - Badmortagin - Retired
    SWG - Badmortagin - Retired
    AO - Badmortagin - Retired

• iwantmyswgiwantmyswg Member Posts: 301

an EVE server

• bakkhai42bakkhai42 Member Posts: 27

If you guys don't like SWG, why post?  It's obvious you care not to answer (he's already decided to play it), but only to express your inner pain.  It's been years now, get over her.

To answer : 

Starsider, Bria, Bloodfin and Chimera are your best bets for lots of people.  But that's not always a good thing.  I popped into Bria and people were just standing around.  Bloodfin had less but they were active.  Starsider also had less but were moving too... I saw Chilastra (where I never play) and it had a lot of activity from few players.

I'd rather see less people, if the people were moving around and active. I also rate the community.  Bloodfin is PvP (for better or worse), Bria has a lot of snobs, Starsider has nice people with some exceptions.

I play Intrepid myself.  Good luck, and welcome.

• Darean002Darean002 Member Posts: 58

Since so many people have moved to bria and bloodfin, I'd recommend another server, such as Eclipse.

Bria and bloodfin are actually seeing lag now from the sudden influx of new people. Bummer!

**Returned SWG Player**
    Yeah, I used to hate the game because of NGE as much as anyone, but I've been playing the game since Feb. 2008 and have honestly had a good time. If you hate the game, fantastic, move along. Its all been said before and your continuous griefing just makes you look like a sad individual with nothing better to do.

• rexobviaterexobviate Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Darean002

Since so many people have moved to bria and bloodfin, I'd recommend another server, such as Eclipse.
    Bria and bloodfin are actually seeing lag now from the sudden influx of new people. Bummer!

I am not here to tell anyone how or how not to play, post, or anything else..  Frankly I am more inclined to pity those that do feel the need to tell others to move on, get over it, etc, as it seems they have a fetish to read post and then act as if they are above irritation and disappointment. 

If you miss the game miss it.  If you want to grief, you certainly do not need my permission. 

That said.  I really enjoy the game.  I returned with a new character from a 3 year absense and I must say, I am having a blast.  I never saw the old version only read, wondered, and wished I had the chance to play multiple professions. 

It has been very fullfilling this past 2 weeks on starsider and yes I have not found any role players to hook up with but I have met several people who have been more than happy to help me with everything from changing my look, to clothes, to grinding, and all types of info.  I've been having a blast and I hope others give it another try and recommend it to their friends...

With the right crowd anything is entertaining..

vRexv

No Apologies

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

I am not going to say this to be a smartass or anything like it.

I wish i could do it over again but it's to late for me.

Rule #1 Life.

(1) whatever it is you want to do, do it now, but that does not include Booze, Drugs, Video games. smokes. All three will make you lose what you have and maybe also the best part of #1.

Do yourself another favour, Toss the games out the fing window GO to work and make a TON of money until you reach 50 and then you will have some of the finer things in life. Now you can injoy the party.

Remember Video games will be around forever, you or i will not be, nor will that fine young Girl that is with you now.

• bakkhai42bakkhai42 Member Posts: 27

I know exactly where you are coming from - throw the games out.  Half of me agrees.  The other half thinks that when people are dying they are not thinking about career, or money either; normally they think about time lost with family and friends... Games provide social time.  So maybe the answer is to game with friends and family.... after all we are all just waiting for death, trying to distract ourselves in one way or another - drugs, money, adrenaline, women, or... video games.

On topic - 

A good server is a place where you can make friends and look forward to seeing people.  I'd start on any server - Starsider prob, maybe Bria.  Make sure they are active when you play, and see if you like the people you meet in the first few days.  If not switch.  There's no harm in switching.

• PustulioPustulio Member Posts: 80