Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same old, same old?

Something thats been playing on me a bit is whats with the amount of talk and hype about this game. It doesnt really seem to bring anything we haven't seen before to the plate. I only had to check out some screens, read up a bit, youtube around and ask some friends of their opinions to find out all we have here is another same old same old pretty much. To sum it up "Another bish bosh bash korean grinding game" Is the general response I received. << Im not the one stating that

Let's to start off. The interface , aha the typical mmorpg interface, you got your hp bars, minimap, char bar, hotkeys and a nice view of your characters ass as per usual. Nothing new here really. They keyboard shortcuts were pretty obvious just felt like another mmorpg. I mean well, at least it had the mmorpg feel but wasnt really anything new.

The flying, well we've seen that before, Flyff.

Classes are similar to that of most other mmorpgs out there

Graphics well, not exactly great really are they... Lets be honest... The concept was pretty good but the graphics werent really that great comparing to other games that in my opinion had a nicer look to them such as cabal.

On a positive note this is one of the few free mmorpgs that let you jump - woohoo, but thats pretty much the only cool and different thing about this game.

Im speaking from what the game looks like to me, people who have played the game in deph could probably give some things that are slightly diffrent about this game than others but I know how it looks to me, another same old, same old mmorpg with not alot new to offer.

To be fair, if you want a free game then maybe this is for you I could think of other free mmorpgs that top this in my personal opinion but really, honest advice... Just get warcraft, or wait for warhammer online!

Edit: Oh, just remembered ... The other good point was the character creation, thats pretty good but I feel its a bit of a waste of time seeing as the game graphics are as poor as they are.

Word of the day here is: IN MY OPINION, and my opinion might not be yours.

Comments

• wizardsleevewizardsleeve Member Posts: 46

Read other threads, some people who played it have given their views on it. It, of course, is a grind (especially later on). What did you expect?

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

the only thing that this game brings to the plate is its character creation customization, you really dont see that kind of detailed creation with free games.

Other than that, reskin the textures and you will find the same exact game that you would expect out of an asian f2p game.

Absolutly nothing special about it, unless you really enjoy the played out uber asian themed games.

Quest are the same old fetch/kill with little to no linear storyline, each npc has his own little issue and mobs/items needed to resolve it.  There seems to be a bit more quests than typical f2p games, but even that wares pretty thin later on in the game.  There are repeatable quests, but they dont offer exp or gold as a reward.

Honestly just pick a f2p asian grinder by its looks, as nothing else differs.  If you like the perfict world look then give it a try.

Also expect end game to be reserved for only the most crazy hardcore grinders, botters, and cash shop spendaholics.  Yup this game got grindy at level 15 and kept increasing, not sure what level cap will be in the end but i can only expect it will be reserved for those with the most free time and their ability to grind in long sessions.

• EVILCHAOSEVILCHAOS Member Posts: 1

yes this is a copy of archlord a huge area game pretty lame

altogether  mu online much better then either

even 2 moons but its a grind fest

mu online least has exp event that last a week

JON

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

/me is amazed on how much fail this thread generates...

Sad, really. You would think people would at least do some research before claiming to know certain aspects of game.

And LOL@ comparison to mu...

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Yeah comparing this game to mu is a joke, that game seriously blows.

Perfict world doesnt blow, its just nothing special. The same old f2p asian gaming experience.

I got 2 characters to 30ish and another 2 to their teens. Yeah yeah you have to play the game to 50 or 80 or whatever before you can judge it or before it becomes fun. Truth be told, if the game cant keep me interested past 30, getting to 50 and beyond isnt what i consider fun.

So yeah, new to mmo games or jobless this game should keep you interested for some time, if you dont mind grinding your ass off. I found the grind to hit about level 20, i cant imagine getting to max level will be remotely fun.

Of course there are people who really enjoy grinding and love the uber asian theme, so this game definately appeals to some people. For me, i like complex pve or heavy RvR pvp with as little grind to get in my way, either or is a win in my book, but everyones diffrent.

So that being said, this game just isnt for me.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Originally posted by Plazma93

Something thats been playing on me a bit is whats with the amount of talk and hype about this game. It doesnt really seem to bring anything we haven't seen before to the plate. I only had to check out some screens, read up a bit, youtube around and ask some friends of their opinions to find out all we have here is another same old same old pretty much. To sum it up "Another bish bosh bash korean grinding game" Is the general response I received. << Im not the one stating that

Let's to start off. The interface , aha the typical mmorpg interface, you got your hp bars, minimap, char bar, hotkeys and a nice view of your characters ass as per usual. Nothing new here really. They keyboard shortcuts were pretty obvious just felt like another mmorpg. I mean well, at least it had the mmorpg feel but wasnt really anything new.

Graphics well, not exactly great really are they... Lets be honest... The concept was pretty good but the graphics werent really that great comparing to other games that in my opinion had a nicer look to them such as cabal.

On a positive note this is one of the few free mmorpgs that let you jump - woohoo, but thats pretty much the only cool and different thing about this game.
    Im speaking from what the game looks like to me, people who have played the game in deph could probably give some things that are slightly diffrent about this game than others but I know how it looks to me, another same old, same old mmorpg with not alot new to offer.

To be fair, if you want a free game then maybe this is for you I could think of other free mmorpgs that top this in my personal opinion but really, honest advice... Just get warcraft, or wait for warhammer online!

Edit: Oh, just remembered ... The other good point was the character creation, thats pretty good but I feel its a bit of a waste of time seeing as the game graphics are as poor as they are.

what a horrible review , i hope you never review a mmo game again .

• DaedroDaedro Member Posts: 44

Poor graphics? You need to turn up the settings or buy a better graphics card.

They kick WoW's ass. They're similar to GW, Cabal, etc.

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by Plazma93

its chinese not korean

yes every game now uses well-established UI formats with little variety

Aion will make it 3!

class / level based games all follow similar formats, tank / dps / heal...

graphics are entirely personal preferences, personally i think the graphics are infinitely better than WoWs, yet (like WoW) does not require a high-end machine

bunnyhoppers are lame IMO - luckily ppl dont tend to bunnyhop in this game
    its a pretty solid game with lots of questing. but the grind at mid-later levels (70+) is a turn-off for me and will be for many. i've played a few korean games, and IMO PW is clearly a level above all of them at least

what free games do you think are better than this? seriously, of the several i've tried, NONE even come close
    yes the char creation is excellent, it only lacks a height slider IMO, but again IMO both the graphical style and the chars are good ... much better than many p2p western games, and all the f2p games ive seen

it makes me wonder what you've based your opinions on... "I only had to check out some screens, read up a bit, youtube around and ask some friends" ahh - that explains it

IMO - this is one of the worst reveiws of a game ive ever read, it seems entirely based on prejudice, with no first-hand experience

indeed i wouldnt be surprised if you have never even played it (certainly i would be extreemly surprised had you even made say level 30 where pvp opens up (an experienced player can make that in 1 day)

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

The game is a borefest. You grind forever doing mundane kill 30 of X a million times over. The graphics are decent for a F2p game, but the gameplay itself is pretty meh. What the real turn off for me is the community itself at PWI. They have a pretty poor community. I thought the WoW community was bad, but these guys make WoW look like angels.

The PWI dev team has made one blunder after another since closed beta. They lied about having 4 servers up during closed beta then put 2 out and made them both pvp. Once Open Beta came about we got 1 pve and 1pvp server. They have had issues now with how much their Cash Shop items cost. Zen is the in game currency and you can buy it with real dollars. 1 zen=1 US dollar right now and the folks from other countries are flipping out. I personally wont spend a single dime on this game, so it doesnt affect me, but to some they say its a must that you spend money to play at higher levels.

To me..the game is just something to futz around with when Im bored. Its monotenus and not really fun. Anyone can grind, but it gets old fast. I just like the graphics and the mounts. About the only 2 things that make the game bearable.

If you want a free game to play at least this one is somewhat bearable. If your looking for a real game to play then give this one a pass. Its not worth it in all honesty.

• NotArkardNotArkard Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 164
    Originally posted by xauss 

IMO - this is one of the worst reveiws of a game ive ever read, it seems entirely based on prejudice, with no first-hand experience
    indeed i wouldnt be surprised if you have never even played it (certainly i would be extreemly surprised had you even made say level 30 where pvp opens up (an experienced player can make that in 1 day)

I didn't realize you had to be an experienced player in order to write a review for a game. What a shame, I was planning on trying this game out, so I could write my thoughts about it later.

It seems like the community doesn't want anyone unless they're planning on sticking around to whatever arbitrary level this particular game "opens up" at.

While it is a poor review by all standards, your counter-arguments to the reviewer are equally poor. Here's a tip: If you want people to play the game, don't talk about how much it is like every other game, even if the features are very similar to most games out there right now. Now, if your goal is to play by yourself, then, never mind me.

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

Originally posted by NotArkard 
    I didn't realize you had to be an experienced player in order to write a review for a game. Wasnt aware anyone has said that (i know i didnt). It certainly helps if you at least play it rather than basing it on - "I only had to check out some screens, read up a bit, youtube around and ask some friends of their opinions."  
    What a shame, I was planning on trying this game out, so I could write my thoughts about it later. Dont let me stop you, though if you write a review at least play the game, and be honest if it is just an 'initial impression' based on a few levels.
    It seems like the community doesn't want anyone unless they're planning on sticking around to whatever arbitrary level this particular game "opens up" at. Again you seem to read whatever you like into any situation / dialogue, regardless of what was actaully said. I mentioned lvl 30 specifically, because it is where the pvp becomes unlocked, and is at a point whereby a player should have experienced at least one of the dungeons, moved out of the starter areas, and got beyond the most basic of skills.
    While it is a poor review by all standards, your counter-arguments to the reviewer are equally poor. How so? If a reviewer shows no sign of any familiarity with the game and makes stupid criticisms ('OMG it uses classes and a familiar UI'), it is only right the weakness of the review is pointed out to them so they can improve.
    Here's a tip: If you want people to play the game, don't talk about how much it is like every other game, even if the features are very similar to most games out there right now. I couldnt give a flying f*ck if you play or not, nor i am not trying to get others to play it. The fact that nearly all other fantasy MMOs are based on classes and levels, and that UIs are all pretty standard is just a fact. Criticising the game because of this is equally as retarded as going onto AoC or WAR forums and objecting to their use of established UI design, and the utilisation of tank, dps, and healing classes. Honestly your tip seems more suited to someone who wants to say, 'OMFG this game is teh greatest evar 111eleventy1!' 
    Now, if your goal is to play by yourself, then, never mind me. I dont play the game at all anymore, and indeed have given some pretty damning criticisms of the game in other threads...
    and no i dont mind you... However, i would appreciate if you would stop incorrectly attributing my objectives in order to fulfill whatever need you have to defend the crappy review.

• Myron41Myron41 Member Posts: 23

Strange really.  I thought the OP was exressing his/her opinion not writing a review.  Despite the fact the OP doesnt use the word 'review' or states 'here is my review' I could be wrong.

• sUpertaisoOsUpertaisoO Member Posts: 3

first off...to the dude who made this topic..

NEVER EVER TOUCH AN MMORPG :U must NEVER judge by the way it looks and other people's opinions...who knows u never bothered to read the stuff it has!!!

The quests are real awesome ,they are grinding yes but its still exciting .Some of the quests even got "TIME LIMITS" and u gotta finish it quick and some need parties to finish quests as well.

There are character emotion expressions too (not emoticons) kinda like u see in never winter nights.And its also like knight online (the skill system i mean) there re tons of skills and u get to upgrade them when u reach a certain level.

And also you get to select which weopon or armour u want there are lots of stuff to wear and ur character gets a new look with every equipment u wear (well i dont know about the belt or ring cos my graphics are low!)

If u had a good graphics card this game would look like the best FREE TO PLAY MMORPG out there.I mean,with that kinda character customization,quest features,skills,and leveling up (which btw is easier when u do quests) AND meet new ppl on the way ...I have no idea on what basis that dude made this topic but...hell to u man lol this game rocks the MMORPG world neverthless.There are also pets too i think i havent reached tat deep.This game has alot to offer and never ever i mean "EVER" judge it on pure "opinions".You have to try it out.I mean...ITS ALL FOR FREE MAN!theres also an item mall they gave u just to "ADD" to the pleasure.u really dont need it to play the game.

• warriorman28warriorman28 Member Posts: 1

In all Honesty this game has some things that could be better, the animations some of the extreme grinding later one etc etc etc...but what about the one key fact that kinda balances that out, its Free and it runs pretty well on a lower end machine so its accessible, its not going to be perfect but its fun and the gameplay isnt broken.  Id complare this to a couple p2p games, and this would come out as better IMO because its free.

And on a side note, this game's customization is pretty sweet.

• sUpertaisoOsUpertaisoO Member Posts: 3

hmmm to the guy above me...

mayb if u had a better graphics card and high ram the game would be awesome....and it does not have "Extreme grinding " elements at all actually.Grindings like ONLY killing and killing and killing and level up.This ain't like that u easily level up when u do quests..Which are quite alot and PLUS u can do a search mission by clicking the "search mission"button in ur quest log to see if there are missions suited for ur level WHICH is also awesome.The maps nicely done as well it shows u directions where to go when u input the coordinates or move ur cursor around the map.

And Hell yeah the cutomizations awesome XD and when its all free i might say...with all the jumping and flying and graphics stuff (dat works also for old machines) this FREE mmo rpg is pretty awesome and must be the best out yet.Every other Freemmorpg would ve SOMETHING missing but I wasnt able to find something missing in this game other than the hell lag u experience at places like the towns and city areas only...Perfect World ftw

Originally posted by sUpertaisoO

.... it does not have "Extreme grinding " elements at all actually.Grindings like ONLY killing and killing and killing and level up.This ain't like that u easily level up when u do quests..

actually it does... as i posted elsewhere:-

All level-based games require attainment of xp (experience points) in order to attain the next level. Typically this is done by the completion of quests and killing of monsters (mobs). In some respect ALL can be considered a 'grind'. However, there are quantitative and qualitative differences to the 'grind', some can be mathematically measured, others are based on subjective experienced (they are independent measures, yet the former can influence the latter)

PW has a very low quantitaive and qualitative grind scores initially, questing (including daily quests) providing most of the XP required to level, and little requirement to 'farm' XP.

After you have attained level 60 or so, the XP farming requisite causes both measures of grind to increase steeply. So now questing and daily quests (both Eunace / Rosalind and (WQ) world-quest) provide only a small % to the next level, requiring 80-90+% of the XP needing to be found by farming. As you move through the 7X levels, a solo player cherry-picking mobs for XP and grinding as hard-and fast as they can will make LESS than 1% of a level in an hour.

Therefore players need to find 'zhens' (AOE parties) to increse this 1% / hour to 5% / hour. This is attainable with XP scrolls and burning through hierograms ('charms' in the expensive US cash shop) - not all players can afford to do this, and some classes (WF) are excluded from these parties all together. Of course AoE parties are unlikely to be uninterrupted. The controlling guilds will routinely scout the AoE areas for parties and PK them because they dont want others levelling to catch them up, and to waste your scrolls, dolls and heiros

This is just the start of the XP - grind slope... it will continue to worsen as you pass through the 70s into the 80s and beyond (most players i knew have quit either in their 70s or 80s due to the tedious nature of XP farming)

of course the XP grind is not the only grind here. Item grind is another tedium. Since there is a huge advantage in having better gear, you will probably want some of that uber-loot. so you farm FBs for molders and HH for mats. Party requirements, drop rates, and endless farming the same instances over and over, make this yet another tedious grind.

when the endless XP / item grinds stretch out before you to infinity most players think "screw this - i stopped having fun a while back, time to move on" and quit.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by xauss

Originally posted by sUpertaisoO

.... it does not have "Extreme grinding " elements at all actually.Grindings like ONLY killing and killing and killing and level up.This ain't like that u easily level up when u do quests..

actually it does... as i posted elsewhere:-

All level-based games require attainment of xp (experience points) in order to attain the next level. Typically this is done by the completion of quests and killing of monsters (mobs). In some respect ALL can be considered a 'grind'. However, there are quantitative and qualitative differences to the 'grind', some can be mathematically measured, others are based on subjective experienced (they are independent measures, yet the former can influence the latter)

PW has a very low quantitaive and qualitative grind scores initially, questing (including daily quests) providing most of the XP required to level, and little requirement to 'farm' XP.

After you have attained level 60 or so, the XP farming requisite causes both measures of grind to increase steeply. So now questing and daily quests (both Eunace / Rosalind and (WQ) world-quest) provide only a small % to the next level, requiring 80-90+% of the XP needing to be found by farming. As you move through the 7X levels, a solo player cherry-picking mobs for XP and grinding as hard-and fast as they can will make LESS than 1% of a level in an hour.

Therefore players need to find 'zhens' (AOE parties) to increse this 1% / hour to 5% / hour. This is attainable with XP scrolls and burning through hierograms ('charms' in the expensive US cash shop) - not all players can afford to do this, and some classes (WF) are excluded from these parties all together. Of course AoE parties are unlikely to be uninterrupted. The controlling guilds will routinely scout the AoE areas for parties and PK them because they dont want others levelling to catch them up, and to waste your scrolls, dolls and heiros

This is just the start of the XP - grind slope... it will continue to worsen as you pass through the 70s into the 80s and beyond (most players i knew have quit either in their 70s or 80s due to the tedious nature of XP farming)

of course the XP grind is not the only grind here. Item grind is another tedium. Since there is a huge advantage in having better gear, you will probably want some of that uber-loot. so you farm FBs for molders and HH for mats. Party requirements, drop rates, and endless farming the same instances over and over, make this yet another tedious grind.

when the endless XP / item grinds stretch out before you to infinity most players think "screw this - i stopped having fun a while back, time to move on" and quit.

So point is...if you play the game without putting money into it. Then hit lvl 70-80s n get into the major grind. But since you can get to that lvl without putting money into it...you played for free. The game costs you nothing to d/l and you aren't forced to buy anything. So if it costs you nothing but your gaming time...why the hell complain?

Every game is about the exp grind, reguardless of P2P or F2P...some are just worse than others.

I've played PW off n on for over a year now. I say it looks better than most MMOs out there now. Runs smoothly and it has not costed me a penny. Which is more than I can say for the crappy P2P releases over the past few years.

• SilvarianneSilvarianne Member Posts: 35

I have to agree that this game is definitely one of the better MMOs available at this point even counting Warhammer online or WoW, and yes, I know Wrath of the Lich King is coming...

I will say though that I have been playing the game only for about a little more then a week, on my now limited play time due to family and work but I did get to lvl 27 so while I may not have experienced much of the game yet, its still a fair amount of time spent.

Is it the Best? That's debateable but I do feel that it seems that way too many people nitpick on certain aspects of the game that *exists* in other games just because its a "free Asian F2P game".

For example, graphics and character customization. Reading on the various posts, you get the general idea that both are rather outstanding and they are, the character customization especially, is definitely one of the best if not the best found in any MMO, free to play or otherwise. Though i wished for the fact that I could customise my hair, but that's a different matter anyways.

However, again, several posters claim that this isn't "new" technology. That the graphics are "older" then they should be, and character customization isn't all that important since you can't see all that much detail once you zoom out and playing the game. Well excuse me, but isn't that part of what game and character immersion is all about? The ability to create a character that looks quite like you in real life is pretty immersive I would say. Of course I did a little digital plastic surgery on myself (think the $500,000 kind...and no...not DDD cups ) and prettied myself a little but who wouldn't?

The fact that it is FREE, however does make you wonder about a few things. Why aren’t other games giving the same value when you have to pay to play?

I recently cancelled my EQ2, DAOC and WoW accounts, because let’s face it, maintaining several pay to play MMOs just doesn't make any more sense to me. Not only I don't have the time to play all these games as much as I would like any more, for the most part, they are hardly any more different then the "Asian grind mmos" that many here seem to dislike. Why should I pay to play any game that requires me to grind, and regardless of what many say, WoW *does* make you grind, when there are other games just as good out there that are free to play?

Lore you say? Well I don't buy that. Log in into ANY WoW (or any other MMO) server and you'll have a good amount of people who just click their way through the quest box and not even bother to READ quest text. The lore might be there, but to these people, it might as well be non-existent.

To be honest, Perfect World's Lore is there but sadly quite a bit I think is lost to translation. To the few who would bother to play, read and try to understand what's going on, there's quite a bit of lore and history in this game's world that makes it rather interesting to play.

That view might change when I hit lvl 60 or higher but that's quite a ways down the road.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

PWI graphics are average at best, i really dont know where the 'better than WOW' graphics comes from. either never played WOW or telling a few fibs...  considering its low spec requirements though, the graphics are quite good,  compared to other f2p games its actually pretty good, compared to p2p games though, WOW,  even SWG, or COH/COV  or LOTRO, it definitely struggles, having said that, i can recommend the game to others, it may not be a game you'll play for a long time, but it will keep most people amused for a few weeks. and its free after all..  even if you dont end up liking it much.. it doesnt cost to try it. :D

• HeatheranHeatheran Member Posts: 6

Well I can understand this scrutiny about this game. Just like to note I'm from the UK and waiting for our servers for the game to come up, but anyway I'd like to defend some aspects about its lack of uniqueness.

I understand I havn't played it yet, yeah I know, I don't know any thing about its nature for that fact, but I'd like to point out that no matter what mmorpg you play, no matter how great technology becomes, we always keep those old systems as they were the systems we fell in love with. As a result many games lack being ultimately unique and I always expect this from any game, rpg or not. No matter what an mmo is always based around grinding to get to the max level by attaining exp, I've seen that from almost every mmo (I say almost as I have discovered a game that was a bit different in this sense).

I also noticed someone mention that the game is one of those pay for more games where you need to pay money for extra items and junk, well I'd like to note that I believe this is more because of the company that buys the rights to publish the game in a certain area. In fact this market scheme seems to be an "American thing" as every time I play the european version of the exact same game (such as dream of mirror online) I notice this buy items for your character buisness is non-existent. You get the whole content to start off with and get special items in events, thats the nature of these type of mmos over here, so sorry but your companies appear to try rip you off (by the way I'm not trying to say that america is a terrible place I'm just stating that there's this trend that I keep running into, its not necersarily true in every case). Though I must admit the companies over here do try to sell screen savers and stuff like that that no one buys anyway.

Another thing I'd like to note, I have been a member of WOW (I stopped playing it about 2 months ago now) and I have to agree that it is a good game, however I can't help feel that WOW actually is popular because it was one of the original mmorpgs. Its same story with FFXI (a game I was addicted to for a year and a half a while back). You'll find that people who play that game would claim that it is one of the best also though if it wasn't the original mmo that a person has played they would disagree. I also notice this with runescape players if it is the first mmo someone plays.

I can also see that a lot of you are comparing this game to WOW, which you have to pay to get the game then pay monthly installments. The fact that you can try compare a free to play mmo to a monthly fee one makes this game deserving of respect. I don't mean to say that this game will be better than WOW when I start playing it I just want to note that you get similar features to WOW (not saying exactly) such as ability to jump and the feature from flyff of flying (which you have to note WOW also took for the burning crusade booster pack especially with the druid flight form).

Oh and another thing, though the game does lack unique features it has brought an updated form of character creation to a game like this so I wouldn't describe it as a total korean bish bash as most korean bish bash, as you put it, doesn't really bother trying to create upgraded versions of anything, but rather watered down versions. The fact that the developers have bothered to upgrade anything gives the game a right to be respected. 

To summarise, Yes, this mmo doesn't really have much new, but it has upgraded something. It is not a perfect mmo, but I don't beleive such a thing would exist as mmo's are basically virtual realities that people can choose to enter if it suits their preferances. Me personally, I beleive this game suits my preferances as I love chinese mythology and the ability to go wild in character customisation. Other people will disagree, which I would agree with to disagree as no rpg is suited to everyone, some mmos are just more popular, thats fact. Also since so many ideas have been used up already it is harder for more features to be added to mmos these days. 

In the end this mmo is making many people hyped, but thats just how its turned out, I don't think it should or should not be hyped over, it just seems millions of people are hyping over this game, its not the best nor the worse, its just a game that has been added in the mix and people tend to like its features, even if they aren't necersarily new. That's it really. 

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

Actually, to tell you the truth, I didn't read your whole post. I did notice that you named WoW as an original though. PW is more original and more famed in Asia. It's a HUGE hit there. Has been for a while. The point of PWI is to bring it to America and other English nations. I love it personally. The gameplay is awesome. A lot of rants about the in-game-store. The botique as it's called. How else do they make money? I can't stand people ranting about it. You can play perfectly well without spending a dime. I havn't and I am fairly well-renouned in the game as far as a player. I say NOT same old same old. Also, if you decide you don't like it, Give it a chance around christmas, an update is coming out soon and it's going to change it a lot. The game isn't totally finished yet (or near finished) 

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by hellshanks

Actually, to tell you the truth, I didn't read your whole post. I did notice that you named WoW as an original though. PW is more original and more famed in Asia. It's a HUGE hit there. Has been for a while. The point of PWI is to bring it to America and other English nations. I love it personally. The gameplay is awesome. A lot of rants about the in-game-store. The botique as it's called. How else do they make money? I can't stand people ranting about it. You can play perfectly well without spending a dime. I havn't and I am fairly well-renouned in the game as far as a player. I say NOT same old same old. Also, if you decide you don't like it, Give it a chance around christmas, an update is coming out soon and it's going to change it a lot. The game isn't totally finished yet (or near finished) 

I played the game on the Malaysian servers and it was OK.Great graphics. I loved the views when flying.They were spectacular.An English speaking community could be a signifigant improvement for some players.I look forward to the December update.Sure would be nice if housing was included...finally.

• PezheadPezhead Member Posts: 149

I had a lvl 45 fire/'water mage and a 36 nuke-elemental archer.  The game is indeed very grindy.  Graphics are none-too special, as the character rendering only lasts about 10 yards and then there is a SEVERE drop in detail.  The character customization is indeed good, but it's offset by the lack of user-friendliness and the lack of high quality in-game rendering.  Quests are pretty much your run of the mill MMO quests, but at least it has them.  Flying is kinda nice, but it's not that much faster then walking until way later levels.  Experience loss on death is rather annoying, since you might have to work your butt off for that litte bit of experience.  Gear is pretty much generic in appearence, there are probably only 200 different models.  Art direction is nice, but again, offset by the lack of long distance rendering.

Conclusion-This is a decent game if you lack a good graphics card, or don't want to Pay to Play.  However, like any otehr grind heavy game, it has it's share of botters and farmers and it also has a cash shop(yuck).  If you like the flying aspect, the character customization and the art direction, then i would suggest looking at Aion: Tower of Eternity-you will need a better GFX card for this one.

It's almost 2010, and I am just not wiling to tolerate clunky graphics while being told that "gameplay is more important than graphics". That excuse won't wash with me any more. I expect my games to have both good graphics and good gameplay.
    -Quote Isoke(VN boards)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Pezhead

I had a lvl 45 fire/'water mage and a 36 nuke-elemental archer.  The game is indeed very grindy.  Graphics are none-too special, as the character rendering only lasts about 10 yards and then there is a SEVERE drop in detail.  The character customization is indeed good, but it's offset by the lack of user-friendliness and the lack of high quality in-game rendering.  Quests are pretty much your run of the mill MMO quests, but at least it has them.  Flying is kinda nice, but it's not that much faster then walking until way later levels.  Experience loss on death is rather annoying, since you might have to work your butt off for that litte bit of experience.  Gear is pretty much generic in appearence, there are probably only 200 different models.  Art direction is nice, but again, offset by the lack of long distance rendering.
    Conclusion-This is a decent game if you lack a good graphics card, or don't want to Pay to Play.  However, like any otehr grind heavy game, it has it's share of botters and farmers and it also has a cash shop(yuck).  If you like the flying aspect, the character customization and the art direction, then i would suggest looking at Aion: Tower of Eternity-you will need a better GFX card for this one.

Geez go whine on some other board.  there is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics in this game.

As to being grindy, wake up and do some quests.  There are tons of them.  I have not had to grind hardly at all.

All I can conclude is you did not like the game and that is fine, but lets not make up things that are not there.

• PezheadPezhead Member Posts: 149

I made nothing up... and you're right, there is nothing wrong with the graphics in the game, I never said there was, however, having played Lineage 2, City of heroes Silk Road, WoW,  Grenado Espada... I can tell you that the graphics are below what I would consider good. This isn't a bad thing, hell look at Runescape, has some of the crappiest graphics in an mmo, but it's still popular.

I did say there were quests, but having quests doesnt make it any less of a grind, just because I have to do 100 quests in stead of killing 1000 monsters straight up does not mean its not a grind.  It just means that I am killing 500 monsters with a longer traveling time, and with quest rewards and purpose.  The grind in games can present itself in any form, including professions and even pvp.  Yes it was relatively grindy.

It's almost 2010, and I am just not wiling to tolerate clunky graphics while being told that "gameplay is more important than graphics". That excuse won't wash with me any more. I expect my games to have both good graphics and good gameplay.
    -Quote Isoke(VN boards)