Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to stand together or fail alone

VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Click here to tell your Member of Congress to join with T. Boone Pickens and his army of supporters in calling for an Energy Independence Plan to be enacted within the first 100 days of the new administration.

action.pickensplan.com/c.hdKGIKNqEoG/b.4478389/k.67AB/PickensPlan_Action_Center/siteapps/advocacy/ActionCenter.aspx

Comments

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

The Pickens plan is just a tad impractical, ok it is very impractical.

And assuming this could be done, who would do all this? The only group of people I could think of with the power to do this would be the government, and turning over control of all our energy and fuel to the government is putting it in the hands of the wrong people in my opinion.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I was worried this was going to be with a "Stand with Obama" thread.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

As long as we have this 2 party bullshit we will always be divided. This is what government wants, the more we are divided the easier it is for them to manipulate and control us.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

I hate to point the finger, but it is the democrats fault why wind power is not more widely used. They are worried about the death of birds rather than the security of our nation.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Dekron

I hate to point the finger, but it is the democrats fault why wind power is not more widely used. They are worried about the death of birds rather than the security of our nation.

hey Dekron, I pmed ya

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by Dekron

hey Dekron, I pmed ya

PMed you back.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

I don't this is the end all solution.  Pickens Plan is only part of the solution, but it beats the do nothing plan we got going now.

We need to build for the future with wind and solar but also but for the here and now with nuclear and hydro.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Most homeowners associations will not allow people to use windmills or have solar panels in view of the street... It is ironic isn't it?

• Litigator_ABLitigator_AB Member Posts: 311

Those Homeowner association bylaws would easily be found to be unconstitutional in the current social environment.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Yes it is, also there are now people blaming wind farms for common aches and pains.

These idiotic fanatics are going to regulate us to death.  When the hell did common sense become such a rare commodity?

• Litigator_ABLitigator_AB Member Posts: 311

Sometimes I don't know where the line will be drawn.

The U.S. is in some pretty severe economic/social/political trouble right now.