Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

††† Hammerfist Clan ††† - [US - Destruction - RvR]

BrakkishBrakkish Member Posts: 11

Hammerfist Clan

Guild related Interviews from other MMO's:

[Recruitment Status: Currently accepting applications]

IGN Guild Interview (click here)

Ten Ton Hammer Interview (click here)

Who are we, and what are our plans for Warhammer?

We mainly cater to the mature player. Players who have time restraints, family, spouses, full time jobs. Players who know what it's like to have bills and mortgages to pay. Players who know what "waggro" is Wink (I just described myself!) We know real life commitments are a priority with older more mature gamers, and thus we'll never overload you with requirements, and expect you to jump through a bunch of silly hoops just to get a few hours of gaming in with your friends.

Some of our core values and offerings:

* A thriving healthy community, filled with activity. Members are encouraged to become involved and speak their minds. Everyone has a voice, and using it helps us grow wiser and gives us the means and information necessary to continually improve!

* Not just another guild, but an actual community for members to socially interact with other members on a personal level. I've made a good many friends through guilds, a few have even become real life friends. It's our mission to offer a respectable environment void of idiots and muppet heads (yes I said muppet heads...remember them??) to everyone who walks the path of adventure with us.

* A golden rule we believe in: Treat others as you would like to be treated. We like everyone to think of their fellow members and guild mates as family not just another number or body. Get to know your fellow guild mates, and most importantly treat each and every new member with respect. We're all on the same team and working for the same cause, It's important to know you can count on your new brother or sister in a pinch!

* Officers - not an elite club. Officers are there for the people, and represent the masses. Officers earn their places among us, and are expected to earn their keep. At no time do we ever plan on making the officership a "cool club for kids".

These are a few of the basic values we carry with us, whatever the cause or game may be, these will always travel with us.

Below is our guild summary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Name: The Hammerfist Clan

Guild Website: hammerfistclan.com [Click to visit website]

Main Time Zone: [USA]

Guild Leader or Recruiter: Brakkish

About Us:

We're an adult kinship looking for mature members age 18 or older. We're more of a social/casual guild than hardcore. How you choose to spend your gaming time is up to you. Dictating how and when you need to play is not our style.

It's our goal to provide a friendly, stress free environment in which to enjoy the game. If you are looking to join us, some things you should keep in mind are: We value friendship over loot and hoarding. Guilds can be an excellent place to meet new friends and share good times and experiences that keep with you for years. Squabbling over loot has no place here. Providing a decent environment, void of riff-raff and distractions is an A-1 priority in any MMO we play. Leaving the drama behind and entering a world of fantasy and fun is what it's all about.

Guild category: RvR

Roleplay: Optional

Voice: Yes, Ventrillo

Recruiting members status: Open to friendly adults 18 years of age or more.

Server type: RvR - Core Ruleset

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For our current status in the Realm War on the official War site, click here

www.hammerfistclan.com

Comments

• BrakkishBrakkish Member Posts: 11

***reserved space for future guild updates and achievements***

www.hammerfistclan.com

• AmnestieAmnestie Member UncommonPosts: 24

If you want to be a part of a superb group of people in WAR, this is definitely the guild for you. We have a mature player base, but we still know how to kick it around. Stop into our forums and take a look around.

• fuzzbrainfuzzbrain Member Posts: 70

• JhezzyJhezzy Member Posts: 4

Gotta love this guild. It's a nice mature atmosphere where you don't have to worry about drama queens or pre-school age chat. We all have lives and fully understand it comes before our games.

So no need to worry about getting dropped from the guild if you're daughter suddenly gets sick or you have to make dinner. heh..Most of us have been there already so we won't rake you over the coals for going afk.  :P

• mjr727mjr727 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I've been playing MMO's for almost 10yrs now, just found this guild in the last couple months and they've been right up there with the best of em'.  If you're looking for a mature laid back group of folks who like to have a good time, this is the place for you!

-Malist

Q) What makes you want to join us over some of the other guilds? [let us know!]

A) From browsing the forums, I've seen a great community. The guild looks big and active enough to not be lonely but also you clearly don't let just anyone in. There seems to be a real quality and not just quantity in the membership, which is important. Everyone seems to care about making the guild successful and enjoyable, while also having a sense of humor and fun about it. That balance of taking it seriously because you want the guild to do well and being relaxed about it too is really key, I think, and it looks like that's happening here.

Member Quote of the Day

By Averna

www.hammerfistclan.com

• Metaljunkie87Metaljunkie87 Member UncommonPosts: 9

I've only been in this guild for about a week or two, but I feel like I've been in it for years. Everyone is extremely friendly and it feels like you're hanging out with a bunch of friends or family, which is my favorite part of the guild. Playing with people in Open Beta has been a complete blast. Lots of people on Vent which makes it that much more interesting and fun for me. Groups seem to be constantly running, and everyone works great together. So, if you're looking for a friendly, active, fun guild look no further, you've found it.

Everything that is being said here is true. Antilus hit it right on the head. This guild does feel like a family. I know, cheesy! But it is true. We even beat each other up like a real family! Ok, maybe not, but still...family.

• ___c___c Member Posts: 6

I don't plan to play WAR, but if I did I would certainly play as a member of Hammerfist.

I met some great people during my stay in LOTRO, as a member of Hammerfist. 

I hope you guys succeed at whatever it is you plan to do:)

• ChaakraChaakra Member Posts: 1

If you like a mature atmosphere and an active guild this is the place to be.  I have played through the CE closed beta and now the open beta and these guys are great.   Groups are running every night and Amnestie shares cookies with every que!

Chaakra gave it away! The cookies were supposed to be a secret for just a while longer. But yes, there are cookies involved.

It's great to see how many people we have online in-game at any moment in time during this open beta. I can just imagine how many we'll see next week when the game is live. Lots of people to group with, run scenarios, open-world RvR, just plain, old questing, etc. Can't wait!

Originally posted by Amnestie

Chaakra gave it away! The cookies were supposed to be a secret for just a while longer. But yes, there are cookies involved.

Wait, you've been hiding the pie from me, now the cookies too??

www.hammerfistclan.com

• Metaljunkie87Metaljunkie87 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Yea really! Where are my cookies at?

Amnestie are you any good at baking chocolate chip>?  Those are my favorite.  If not, oatmeal and raisin will do nicely as well

www.hammerfistclan.com

I can indeed bake both, but haven't for probably over a year. Oatmeal raisin are my fave! I'll make some of both just for you though, Brakk. Maybe I'll even bake a pie!!!

Apparently we need to get you back into 'Bake' mode. I realy like chocolate chip cookies and pecan pie. 

(They lured me in with promises of glorious PIE! This was not the case! But the people ended up being awesome so I stayed.) 

I'm writing all of this down. I love baking, actually. I used to bake all the time for friends and family, I never really ate anything I made but nobody died, so I guess it was all OK.

• JhezzyJhezzy Member Posts: 4

Ok ok..Don't every get all selfish with the pie and cookies.....unless I get added to the list of ppl who get yummy Oatmeal Raisin cookies. OMG I would wrestle anyone for a dozen of them.

See, we're just like a family...lots of love to go around. OK I know how that sounds, but..It's true.

OK, wrestling contest. Winner gets 2 dozen cookies of their choice plus a pie.

• fuzzbrainfuzzbrain Member Posts: 70

Veteran Pillsbury spokesman, Pop N. Fresh, died yesterday of a severe yeast infection. He was 71. Known to friends as "Brown-n-Serve," Fresh was an avid gardener and tennis player. Fresh was buried in one of the largest funeral ceremonies in recent years.

Dozens of celebrities turned out including Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Aunt Jemima, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Skippy.

The graveside was piled high with flours as longtime friend, Aunt Jemima, delivered the eulogy, describing Fresh as a man who "never knew how much he was kneaded."

Fresh rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes -- conned by those who buttered him up. Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model for millions. He enjoyed being prodded by his many friends who invariably poked fun at him.

Fresh is survived by his second wife. They have two children and another bun in the oven.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

• Mpire73Mpire73 Member Posts: 3

Greco Roman wrestling?  "Would you like some oil..its nice with just a hint of lemon essence..."

Anyway enough of that. Been with THC a few weeks now, and everyone has been great. Grouping in scenerios and PQ's. Everyone knows exactly what to do.

LOL @ Ulfaro's post. I didn't count how many baking references there were in that post, but there were a lot!

Wrestling with Andway for baked goods? Sounds like a win win situation - sign me up! 

• WeaselsWeasels Member Posts: 1

I am new to the Hammerfist Clan.  My experience so far has been great.  They are well organized, energetic, and a fun bunch to hang out with.  I was drawn to their culture of putting real-life first, being a busy working slob and a parent too.  Everything has been great so far in Beta.  I can't wait to go live with everyone and feel the WAAAAAGH!

• SerakaSeraka Member Posts: 1

I've just joined up with these fine folks yesterday, but already feel like it's home. See post #7 above for why I wanted to join in the first place (*blushes that Brakkish posted that here*), but now that I'm in it's even more clear what a great fit it'll be.

The members of Hammerfist are friendly, welcoming, and very funny. Honestly, I've never seen so much joking around in a guild, and I mean that in a really great way. It's incredibly refreshing to see people having so much fun together, while also playing actively as a guild. I think it's the perfect balance between organized and big (but not hard-core or impersonal) and laid-back (but still active and functional).

I was excited for WAR to start, but even more so now that I have awesome people to experience it with.

-Averna