Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Answering questions

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

*steals idea from DF forum*

Being the #1 fanboi I am, I decided to help people understand why I am looking forward to CoS so much...well, that and because these forums have been a little quiet lately :(.  So, if you have any questions about CoS, I will try my best to answer them.  I think it's just easier to have all of the questions on this thread.

So post away people, POST AWAY!!

P.S.  Also check my guild site's FAQ for more info

Cheers!

Comments

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

hmm what to ask you, hmmm  Cant think of anything after reading your FAQ.

(hehe Darkfall troll steals an idea from Darkfall)  Kidding Kidding. 

Sooner or Later

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

hmm what to ask you, hmmm  Cant think of anything after reading your FAQ.
    (hehe Darkfall troll steals an idea from Darkfall)  Kidding Kidding. 

heh..

*sits back in chair and thinks of comeback*

• darkforeverdarkforever Member Posts: 26

Been lurking for some time. Finally created an account here so I'm going to ask some questions that have been knawing at me.

1 - How are MMO Magic creating such a large world? Are they using hight-maps, doing it by hand or auto-generating it by computer

2 - I'm confused by what I'm seeing in the screenshots. Though I understand that the game is still in very early development, I'm seeing lots of high quality models (Age of Conan style) next to more modest quality models (World of Warcraft style). Will the finished game be aiming for high, medium or low minimum computing requirements?

3 - Does "qtask" have any involvement in this project? Are they the money, management, manpower or partner of MMO Magic (is MMO Magic an offshoot of qtask?) or are they completely unrelated?

(sorry to ask that one, a guildie is claiming one thing but I don't see anything that backs up what he says)

:)

-DarktideForever

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by darkforever

1 - How are MMO Magic creating such a large world? Are they using hight-maps, doing it by hand or auto-generating it by computer.
    Answer: We are not using height maps, however, we are doing both autogenerated terrain as well as handcrafted portions.  We're using a new system designed specifically for use in this game.  

2 - I'm confused by what I'm seeing in the screenshots. Though I understand that the game is still in very early development, I'm seeing lots of high quality models (Age of Conan style) next to more modest quality models (World of Warcraft style). Will the finished game be aiming for high, medium or low minimum computing requirements?
    Answer: The game will be aiming for medium to high computing requirements.  You are correct, there is a mix of model qualities in the prototype.  This is due to the fact that we needed an entire city in place to test the game engine early on.  Because of this we built quick models early on. Later, models have been created to replace many of the originals, so you will see high quality models mixed in with low.  Eventurally all will be of the high quality variaty.  However, the technology behind the engine includes many features to allow lower powered systems to run the game, even though there are often millions of polys on screen at the same time.  The idea is to make the world look great, but let it run at a good framerate on lower systems as well.

3 - Does "qtask" have any involvement in this project? Are they the money, management, manpower or partner of MMO Magic (is MMO Magic an offshoot of qtask?) or are they completely unrelated?
    Answer:  Qtask?  Where did that come from?  Qtask is a great product, but has absolutely nothing to do with games or MMO Magic, Inc.
    (sorry to ask that one, a guildie is claiming one thing but I don't see anything that backs up what he says)

:)

• darkforeverdarkforever Member Posts: 26

Wow! Thankyou for the quick reply!

Looks like I'll have to update my machine a bit thou. It handles WW2Online fine, but if I don't upgrade then games like this will just pass me by

-DarktideForever

• noobzornoobzor Member Posts: 43

mike470 what happened to your old guild is it still a giuld and soldiers of tommaro (typo) or is it just moved and renamed if so then i am sort of disapointed ah well please answer (i believe typo)

Originally posted by noobzor

mike470 what happened to your old guild is it still a giuld and soldiers of tommaro (typo) or is it just moved and renamed if so then i am sort of disapointed ah well please answer (i believe typo)

Soldiers of Tomorrow is still alive...we're just quiet at the moment (too early to begin recruiting).

• noobzornoobzor Member Posts: 43

not exactly what i ment. but i can understand. im not talking about soldiers of whatever, you had another guild known as The Untold Prophocies im wondering if that one is still up or is it the soldier one just wondering.

Originally posted by noobzor

not exactly what i ment. but i can understand. im not talking about soldiers of whatever, you had another guild known as The Untold Prophocies im wondering if that one is still up or is it the soldier one just wondering.

Pretty much transfered, we lost track of all the members of The Untold Prophocies.  Recruiting will happen later, but we are oficially the first guild in CoS.  :)

Forums are being worked on now.