Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registered Democrats

VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

or those that can vote in the primaries (as a independent I don't get to vote in the primaries).

Are you guys trying to lose?  This is a serious question the last election and this one should have been EASY slam dunks.  The Republicans have royally screwed up and instead of electing a moderate democrat with some experience behind him you give us Kerry and Obama.

Don't get me wrong McCain is no prize.  I imagine if he wins it will be pretty much business as usual.

So me as a independent is left with more of the same or he could really screw everything up worse.

Can we please get a vote of no confidence?

Comments

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

Your state doesn't let independents vote in the primary?

I did, you just have to pick which primary you are voting in.

I think that is a bunch of crap, you should say something about that.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Unless I'm mistaken (which wouldn't be the first time) in PA independants don't get to vote in either primary.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I liked Kerry and I voted for Kerry, but I'll admit he was an average politician who just happened to see eye to eye with me on most the issues. As for Obama, I am truely excited about his candidacy and can't wait to vote him into office. He is the first candidate since probably Kennedy to actually appear fully capable of changing this country. Not only will he handle economic and foreign policy issues in the best way possible, but I expect that under his presidency we will see the greatest leaps in scientific innovation and break-throughs we have ever seen as a country or a planet. It is all about giving the right people the right tools, and then telling them to get out there and accomplish a clear goal. I'm psyched.

Originally posted by Laserwolf

I liked Kerry and I voted for Kerry, but I'll admit he was an average politician who just happened to see eye to eye with me on most the issues. As for Obama, I am truely excited about his candidacy and can't wait to vote him into office. He is the first candidate since probably Kennedy to actually appear fully capable of changing this country. Not only will he handle economic and foreign policy issues in the best way possible, but I expect that under his presidency we will see the greatest leaps in scientific innovation and break-throughs we have ever seen as a country or a planet. It is all about giving the right people the right tools, and then telling them to get out there and accomplish a clear goal. I'm psyched.

That much praise makes me think someone is looking thru rose colored glasses.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

No, it comes from living under the Bush Administration for the last 8 years. Every other day I see a AP News Story talking about how another glacier the size of Texas has broken away from the Ice shelf or about how the Bush Administration is relaxing the laws that protect certain endangered species or opening up parts of protected reserves to the lumber industry. He has made very little effort to force the automobile manufacturers to invest more in vehicles that can get more miles to the gallon or lowering the costs and increasing the efficiency of hybrid vehicles. I want my headlines to read another way.

No, it comes from living under the Bush Administration for the last 8 years. Every other day I see a AP News Story talking about how another glacier the size of Texas has broken away from the Ice shelf or about how the Bush Administration is relaxing the laws that protect certain endangered species or opening up parts of protected reserves to the lumber industry. He has made very little effort to force the automobile manufacturers to invest more in vehicles that can get more miles to the gallon or lowering the costs and increasing the efficiency of hybrid vehicles. I want my headlines to read another way.

Everyone keeps saying if we do more we can fix global warming.  Only way I can see to fix global warming is mass suicide.  Who wants to go first?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for clean renewable energy, I'm simple not buying this will fix global warming bit.  I'm also not buying Obama's plan of throwing money at the renewable energy and hope it works out.  That's not a plan that's a prayer.  Throwing all your eggs in one basket is just asking to get egg on your face.

• FaliceFalice Member Posts: 329

Agreed.

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

in some states ,voting in a primary changes your registration from independent to which ever you voted for ( 1st , most, different requirements for diff states).

The only way to stay independent is not vote in primaries in those states.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

You lost me at Kennedy...

He might have had a couple shining moments in his presidency, but his many failures completely offset those moments.

I still cannot understand why he is always near the top of the presidential rankings, he almost screwed the country over completely by not backing the Bay of Pigs invasion. Dieing early saved his reputation I guess.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional