Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark Jacobs comment on VN boards

From: http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108511379/p10

Folks,

I just got off the phone with senior management at GOA and I know you'll be getting lots of information shortly. I know it doesn't make today better but I can assure you that leadership is very aware of the situation and they are doing/going to do something about it. They are not at all happy about the situation either.

I won't say trust me on this because right now, our European fans have no reason to have any trust. I will say though to see what transpires before launch, during Open Beta and then, if we launch well, I hope we will regain your trust.

Mark

-----------

Perhaps this can give the US players an insight what the status is here in Europe and not think of all europeans just whining without a cause, when even the head guys are admitting its terrible. And I have to admit i mostly added this so the fanbois who never see a fault anywhere perhaps would get a wakeup call that stuff is not just rainbows and fuzzy bears.

Comments

• MacamusMacamus Member Posts: 134

hmm someone posted this yesterday already

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by Kerebo

leadership is very aware of the situation and they are doing/going to do...

Well, if that doesn't suspend your worries I don't know what will...

/sarcasm off

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

I've never thought European players didn't have any reason not to complain. What they don't have is a right to use threats. I know all about GOA. I played DAoC with a Swedish guild and heard first hand all the crap they had to go through. Most of them decided not to switch to the Euro version of DAoC. Anyone that is saying Europeans don't have a right to complain has no credibility. There is a line though and far too many people crossed that line.

• KereboKerebo Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Macamus

hmm someone posted this yesterday already

ah sorry, missed that. my bad :(

• KereboKerebo Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Adythiel

I've never thought European players didn't have any reason not to complain. What they don't have is a right to use threats. I know all about GOA. I played DAoC with a Swedish guild and heard first hand all the crap they had to go through. Most of them decided not to switch to the Euro version of DAoC. Anyone that is saying Europeans don't have a right to complain has no credibility. There is a line though and far too many people crossed that line.

have not seen anything about threats here but of course that is never okay.

• halteahaltea Member UncommonPosts: 95

threating thru internet is a crime, but i didnt see any threat in any forum, if anybody saw them then contact the police

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

It doesn't make up for what has transpired over the last couple of days, but I have to say I like the cut of Jacob's jibe. Its refreshing to hear a developer say "we fucked it up, we're gonna try harder" as opposed to Gaute/Erling's strategy of responding to criticism with "700,000 boxes sold!!!"

• DeridiumDeridium Member Posts: 99

good link.

and good to see Mythic taking this matter to hearth and not just saying "Europe, GOA issue not ours"

There can be only one

• adfoamadfoam Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by FischerBlack

It doesn't make up for what has transpired over the last couple of days, but I have to say I like the cut of Jacob's jibe. Its refreshing to hear a developer say "we fucked it up, we're gonna try harder" as opposed to Gaute/Erling's strategy of responding to criticism with "700,000 boxes sold!!!"

Or a CM response to a problem or situation that is either vague or they post something stupid to be comical.  Better yet not get a response at all.

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

They shouldnt even mention these "threats" it is just bad PR and it mixes their message.

It is like saying sorry with a big but.

They wound up the community.   You wind up a cat it is likely to scratch.