Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Erling Ellingsen Interview , Part Two

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Erling Interview IIToday, we present part two of our Leipzig interview with Funcom Product Manager Erling Ellingsen. In this half of the interview, Ellingsen talks about upcoming content, the reason for the upcoming expansion, why they can't give us specific subscriber numbers, and more.

Watch the interview here

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• maxwellsmaxwells Member Posts: 7

400k..... 

Max

Jon: What up with the lumberjack shirt!!! -j/k :)

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Erling if you do read this I want to say thank you from someone that was in beta till about a month ago. For you to sit there and answer those questions must have been really hard. Most would have just said no. So if you play this right and keep your word (Funcom) the best you can more players will come back and start new and your stock will climb. We cant change the past but God I hope we learn from it.

I would like to say.. try just try to have someone post every now and then on your forums (not EU side) but the US.  They just like to know some one is READING. To say it are .. anyone can say that.. but just have them post every now and then.

• HaynsoulHaynsoul Member Posts: 21

"...why they can't give us specific subscriber numbers..."

Hahahaha!

HMM I WONDER WHY??

• DaishDaish Member Posts: 6

age of fail made by failcom is the worst game i have ever played i burnt my aoc collectors edition and all its content thats how bad this game is

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

The fact they're already pushing the expansion is coming hype so soon after launcher speak volumes as far as I'm concerned.  I can't believe they have the nerve  to get people to pay up to have this content and more filling out of the game by calling it an expansion. It's things that should have been in game at release.

If not that at least give the customers what they paid for and add content on as free expansions. It worked for CCP to grow EVE. I think they're fooling themselves if they think  they'll have another big cash injection with good retail sales like the main game had , which  then resulted in an exodus. What's the bet the xbox version gets all the PC expansion content included as part of it's main release. 

• marchelllomarchelllo Member Posts: 1

can u  PLEASE help me??How to turn off these news that are coming to my e-mail???????

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

Starts strong, but quickly shows itself as derviative, soulless, and uninspired.  While pretty on the outside, it ultimately is as charming as the cardboard tube inside a roll of toilet paper.  I should probably mention the client crashes, even still after months since its release.  In terms of entertainment, I would rather gargle, then slowly swallow little bits of broken glass then play this game again.  Comparing it to other games, I would say it's a bit inferior to playing tic-tac-toe.  Solitary tic-tac-toe, that is.