Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Available Now

There's currently a patch for the beta client available. Login and start downloading if you want to get a head start on tomorrow.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Comments

• jp60jp60 Member Posts: 80

This is only for playerswho were in the PW right? because i can't get it yet

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

185 mb, not bad at all.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Originally posted by jp60

Only people who were in the Preview Weekend will get in tomorrow. It's highly probable that there will be another patch before Sunday. If your client doesn't patch, then I guess the patch isn't available for you yet.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• jp60jp60 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by LordDraekon

Originally posted by jp60

Only people who were in the Preview Weekend will get in tomorrow. It's highly probable that there will be another patch before Sunday. If your client doesn't patch, then I guess the patch isn't available for you yet.

Alright Thanks

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

Thanks for the information, LordDraekon.

Helps a lot people like me who have a slower connection.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

:(

That is me with a sad face.  I suppose I could wait until Sunday though.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

anyone know how to find out the patch version? i hope it's 4.1 or higher.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

I am seriously depressed that I cant play yet, I wont feel satisfied until Sunday.  haha I have no games to play, so i just hang on the forums....or do homework

Uhh... what?

• fozza6fozza6 Member Posts: 52

Be Aware there is another patch after that one but i cant download as of yet tells me to try again l8r

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I patched up with the 185meg one then later with a war.exe update. AFter the war.exe update the game won't launch to the "server" or "settings" area anymore, just auto-closes.

Just me?

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

No, but give my your account name/password

Jk, but yes u can play tomorrow, lucky

Uhh... what?

• kaishi00kaishi00 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Celestian

I patched up with the 185meg one then later with a war.exe update. AFter the war.exe update the game won't launch to the "server" or "settings" area anymore, just auto-closes.
    Just me?

same thing is happening to me, try to start war, auto close.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I was able to download patch successfully.

I hope everyone is good to go for tommorrow........

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

well, lets see if we have some kind of common spec that's causing a crash or something

vista 64

4gb ram

q9450

gtx280

• pariah91xpariah91x Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by kaishi00

well, lets see if we have some kind of common spec that's causing a crash or something

vista 64
    4gb ram
    q9450
    gtx280

Im getting the same problem.  They probobly havn't put all the updates in so files arn't matching up.  I'll post my specs anyway.

Vista 32

2gb ram

Athlon X2 2800+

Radeon HD2600xt

• fozza6fozza6 Member Posts: 52

vista 64
    4gb ram
    q9450
    gtx280

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLllLL!1111111111111111111

Just tried patching again, and apparently it downloaded another version of war.exe but it still crashed when I tried launching it lol.

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

I'm sure the crash is because they're working on putting everything together for tomorrow morning. If in the morning we cannot log in still, Mythic will likely fix it for anyone the problem occurs to.

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

Just tried patching again, and apparently it downloaded another version of war.exe but it still crashed when I tried launching it lol.

same here. was fine on the 185 meg. then tried the patercher again, downloaded war.exe. now drops back to the desktop after login

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Originally posted by medafor

same here. was fine on the 185 meg. then tried the patercher again, downloaded war.exe. now drops back to the desktop after login

Same here. hoping since it is obviously impacting most of us it will be something that is fine tomorrow.

What client version is it showing after patch? Mine is 1.0.2.17

• fungistratusfungistratus Member Posts: 437

last time i was on they said the servers were comming down for 30 min. 

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

can read patch notes by google "war 4.1 patch notes", should kil some wait time for ya

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

vista 64
    4gb ram
    q9450
    gtx280

Osnap, I wish I had your cpu. 

Anyways, I think the auto-closing thing is normal.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Tips for the players having problems with the game crashing or the black screen (or anything else).

When you log in perform a FULL file check, I always do before I play and it will catch the ones you are missing. For a time I had the black screen of nothingness and it was very annoying. Upon doing a quick FFC I was able to load up just fine, as I was missing a few MB of files. Same thing applies if you are having other problems in game, like not being able to roll a Greenskin because of a crash upon entry into the world (happened to me).

When in doubt, whip the full file check out.

Also, just incase anyone is interested in fooling around. They added some new graphic improvements on the settings list. Still the same quality but there are few new choices and the ability to customize.

STOP WHINING!

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

vista 64
    4gb ram
    q9450
    gtx280