Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: The Last WAR Presentation

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Carolyn Koh caught up with a very tired team from Mythic Entertainment's Warhammer Online as they completed the last of their many, many off-the-wall presentations. In this interview, the guys talk about launch and sleep and reveal some interesting statistics from the game.

At PAX there was little that Associate Producer Josh Drescher, could tell me about Warhammer that we had not already covered at E3, GenCon or Leipzig.

“We’re polishing, polishing, polishing,” he said. “All customization is in. The facial scarring and tattoos for the dark elves, the jewellery for the dwarves and the accessories for each race and career. They’re all in.”

Read the article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

good luck with the game.

more polish is the right things, and fixing bugs. A stelar release will await WAR if all these stuff is polished.

And then, the next problems...

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Wheeeeeee! It was so much fun. Jeff and Paul put on a fantastic show - I just wish the Q&A hadn't been cut :(

(and the Zealot/Witch Hunter cosplay, omfg, awesome)

Only 6 days until OB!

• MyrdekMyrdek Member Posts: 346

So I guess I was right in thinking that Auction Houses, Talisman Making and High setting graphics won't make it to launch since they haven't mentionned them in a month :(

• GrömGröm Member Posts: 303

Not mentioning it doesn't mean it's not gonna be there Myrdek, with around 3 Gb amount worth of patching, who knows?

Anyway I've read that those 3 Gb are mainly polishing textures, voices, details, etc...

Cheers!

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

Oh man 5 more days until we can play.  I can't wait.  Hopefully the game is a success.

• TolmoTolmo Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Ralsar

Oh man 5 more days until we can play.  I can't wait.  Hopefully the game is a success.

Yeah i know mate. The Open Beta from Warhammer just feels like actual release

• donoakdonoak Member UncommonPosts: 37

Where did you hear about the patch size and when will it become available to download?

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

Right now I just want to play the game.  :)  The bad thing is Open Beta characters don't really matter.  I just want the real game to start.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Manchine

Right now I just want to play the game.  :)  The bad thing is Open Beta characters don't really matter.  I just want the real game to start.

I'm actually NOT all that excited about Open Beta.  I'm MORE excited about Head Start, because THOSE characters won't be wiped.

I'm not sure how much effort I'm really going to put into Open Beta, because of that really.  I'm also just ready for the "real deal."  I wouldn't make a very good closed beta tester, because I can't STAND when characters get wiped.  LOL

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by girlgeek

I'm actually NOT all that excited about Open Beta.  I'm MORE excited about Head Start, because THOSE characters won't be wiped.
    I'm not sure how much effort I'm really going to put into Open Beta, because of that really.  I'm also just ready for the "real deal."  I wouldn't make a very good closed beta tester, because I can't STAND when characters get wiped.  LOL

It will be nice playing for keeps.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

They did mention the Auction House a couple weeks ago saying they had been working on it internally and it will be there for the launch.

This is definitely good news that all they are doing is polishing, there aren't many bugs left to be fixed and I'm glad to hear they're doing well for launch.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Myrdek

So I guess I was right in thinking that Auction Houses, Talisman Making and High setting graphics won't make it to launch since they haven't mentionned them in a month :(

Latest Patch notes has them all now live.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by jayanti

what he said...everything has been enabled in game now...graphics, guild stuff, crafters, improved pathing, etc/

• MyrdekMyrdek Member Posts: 346

Wow, just looked at those patch notes and it shows that they have 250 people working on it now :)

I don't think any mmo has ever had that many people working on the game close to launch.

Doesn't say high settings are in though, I know they added medium a couple of days ago and now they said they added more controls.

Tutorials are a good things as well

I guess it won't be a year afterall until I buy it, probably 2-3 months if this rate keeps up :)

• pfloydguy84pfloydguy84 Member UncommonPosts: 149

I'd rather play an mmo from day 1, even if it is a little unpolished/not finished, because IMHO it's fun to keep up with the initial wave of players and experience a new game with everyone else.Also, as I level up, it will be populated highly in all the areas I play, and a high populated mmo is very important for me, especially a game like WAR. 

• TacBoyTacBoy Member UncommonPosts: 142

I'm looking forward to the open beta just to get a feel for the classes so I can decide what to play as a main. I'd have wiped most of those anyway.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

in preview weekend are the

where can we view the patch notes? if we were in preview weekend are they  available?

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Right on TacBoy, you and me both.

I came to WAR late, so I will need the open beta stage to decide upon my preferred (healer) class.

At the same time, it'll kind of suck to have done a fair amount of content, only to have to go through it all again when it goes live (which is what sh@t me about WoW).

How exciting, a new MMO. Lets just pray it doesn't suck as bad as AoC at release!

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• mynameisbenmynameisben Member Posts: 33

i dont think the devs should sleep after they release their game. if anything they should all pop some uppers and deal with the live bugs.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by medafor

in preview weekend are the

where can we view the patch notes? if we were in preview weekend are they  available?

It's my understanding that this is still under NDA and in actual fact Myrdek shouldn't really have posted what he did.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by girlgeek

Originally posted by Manchine

While I will dabble more with the OB characters than I will once release rolls around, I will still take my role as a 'tester' seriously (I've always done so for 14+ years now. I even still have my first 'Team Beta' T-shirt and mouse pad. Yes, they used to give things away to testers. I use them both on the opening day of any major Beta Test/Release for good luck!) While I enjoy the 'review and play' factor of OB  and recognize that a lot of the meaning behind it is stress testing the servers, there will always be those unfortunately bugs. I will try very hard to notice them, if possible recreate them and then log them. Who knows what we might find as OBers that will help the game 'fixes' that go in at or after release.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by TacBoy

I'm looking forward to the open beta just to get a feel for the classes so I can decide what to play as a main. I'd have wiped most of those anyway.

I already did all that Preview Weekend.    I didn't sleep.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• madiusmaxmadiusmax Member Posts: 18

Just some advice for open beta, but everyone can do what they like of course.

If you plan on doing the open beta, some suggestions for not having to do the exact same thing for head start might be to do your leveling in another classes area.  For instance if you are a dwarf, why not for open beta go to the empire or high elf area and play those quests/etc.  Then when the head start comes and your character counts you can simply just play all the quests and such in your own area, unless you planned on doing this to begin with.

Another option is to simply not play your main, and try out the other class and races to get a feel for them. You never know, you might just enjoy something else.

Just keep in mind that your character will not stay so don't invest too much time, and try to just enojy the game and get a feel for everything.

As far as the patching, just remember that when the official launch comes there will more then liekly be another patch possibly topping off things from the open beta.  Also remember that it is still "beta", open or not, i'm sure mythic won't be showing us just everything.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

I plan on doing that.  My main will be a Marauder so during open beta I'll play the other destruction races.  Really I just want to spend time getting a feel for the game and UI so I won't waste time doing that during the head start.  I'll probably stay in the first tier for open beta.

• GrömGröm Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by donoak

Where did you hear about the patch size and when will it become available to download?

Read that in one or two WAR fan site-forums. Most probably Freddy's House or at WHA

Look around and you'll find it, also a good place beside those forums (there's so many good ones out there actually) is WAR data base

I'm eager (and longed for many months and I dare to say, years...) to play WAR, specially OB since you can try out diferent characters without carying too much about the twicks and spec. Doing that helps to make a better char afterwards sicne you probably tried other careers you might feel more prepared for upcoming PvP - RvR, knowing how to conter oponents.

Cheers...

P.S. - see you guys in a few days for OB.