Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goal: To assemble like minded individuals

Hi all,

First off I fell in love with MMORPGs when I was introduced to EQ. I had such a good time on there. I have noticed over the years that I do not fit into the social crowd that exist now in MMORPGs and looking for like minded people to play with in Warhammer Online.

The biggest issue I had when I was playing World of Warcraft in the past was most players were younger than me. They played the game differently than I did and I had a hard time finding people to play with. I enjoy to play with players who enjoy to socialize and enjoy a good group. I enjoy players who are not rude to one another and willing to listen to strategy for fights. I enjoy players who are not constantly in a hurry to move and will wait for the correct person to initiate the encounter be it pvp or pve. I enjoy grouping with players who will play to the end of a dungeon and not just leave without saying anything.

So my goal in this thread is to find like minded older players by designating a server to play on when the game comes out. I will continue to update this post and maybe all of us that feel this way can choose a server together that will play on. This may lead to a happier experience in Warhammer for us and I am sure if this thread stays active we will have enough of us like minded folks to bump into in the game. Who knows guilds may even form.

Thank you for your time and spread the word, us older gamers need to stick together.

Comments

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

First... J/K

Well, I am 19 and I'm not older or anything but I do follow instructions very carefuly (you could ask my GF).

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I guess I should say older as in maturity level. My wife makes me mind so I understand.

• zindelzindel Member Posts: 80

Qombi, check your inbox bud.

Played > UO AC AC2 AO SWG FFXI DAOC GW WOW L2 EQ2 LOTRO EVE CoX DDO EAB Neo MXO TR AOC War Aion
    Playing > Nothing
    Awaiting > Sigh..
    Wishing > Shadowrun Online

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

I see potential.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

A tip for you, and other likeminded individuals, would be rolling on a roleplaying server. That is, if you value those same traits you are looking for in guildies, in your server's community.

After pvp server leetness on WoW, I have been playing all mmo's on RP servers and never regretted it. The communities are more helpfull and mature, pug's are generally more succesful and last but least; RP is fun, even if you do it occasionaly.

• BruceybabyBruceybaby Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by qombi

Hi all,
    First off I fell in love with MMORPGs when I was introduced to EQ. I had such a good time on there. I have noticed over the years that I do not fit into the social crowd that exist now in MMORPGs and looking for like minded people to play with in Warhammer Online.
    The biggest issue I had when I was playing World of Warcraft in the past was most players were younger than me. They played the game differently than I did and I had a hard time finding people to play with. I enjoy to play with players who enjoy to socialize and enjoy a good group. I enjoy players who are not rude to one another and willing to listen to strategy for fights. I enjoy players who are not constantly in a hurry to move and will wait for the correct person to initiate the encounter be it pvp or pve. I enjoy grouping with players who will play to the end of a dungeon and not just leave without saying anything.
    So my goal in this thread is to find like minded older players by designating a server to play on when the game comes out. I will continue to update this post and maybe all of us that feel this way can choose a server together that will play on. This may lead to a happier experience in Warhammer for us and I am sure if this thread stays active we will have enough of us like minded folks to bump into in the game. Who knows guilds may even form.
    Thank you for your time and spread the word, us older gamers need to stick together.

I'm in the same boat as you!

The first MMO I played was EQ - best memories I have of any game I've ever played. The MMO community was really different back then, because the majority of us were older players - parents were a lot more weary back then about spending 15 bucks a month on their kids just so they can play a game.

But with WoW's popularity among the common masses, MMOs have sored through the roof in terms of being well known. If you asked someone 10 years ago if they knew what an mmorpg was, they'd probably answer 'no'. So we are now in an age where entire families jump online together. Blimey, i've seen people go to work with badges pinned to their shirts saying 'horde' or 'alliance'...

So inevitably, an influx of immature, rude, pre-pubescent brats leads to a break down of society... as there are no parents to control their behaviour when they jump online to relative anonymity. WAR will most likely be the same, but hopefully WoW keeps a lot of the afformentioned player base.

All you can do is join a guild that has a strict age requirement.

Good luck finding one!

• acme22acme22 Member Posts: 97

I really feel the same about this, but I'm from europe and I don't know if I can play on the same server.

• kmfuscokmfusco Member Posts: 1

Qombi,

I sent you a private message.

It would definitely be a good idea to get like minded people together, and maybe even start a guild or something.

I don't know if I consider myself as and "older gamer".  I just think I started MMOs when I was young.  I'm 23 now, and starting playing MMOs in the mid 90s (Good 'ol Gamestorm and The Realm Online).

Anyone interested in banding together send me a message.

-Kyle

• TekLordTekLord Member Posts: 7

I think your idea is a great one. Send me a message to discuss the details

• DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152

Agree with maybe rolling on an RP server. Better experience all round I have to Say. I would love to meet you in game, howver I am a euro as well so might be a prob.

• Shard101Shard101 Member Posts: 479

Somthing other than kids and the chinese play WoW?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Like-minded person here, although I'm only 23 and my MMO experience takes up 3 of those 23 years I have played alot of MMOs within that short-span of time to know what type of community I enjoy playing with. I'm in a guild already but that doesn't mean an alliance can't be formed.

This is not a game.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

As an 'old' gamer, I would be interested in this. I know some of the RP server rules (no OOC /say, /shout etc and naming conventions) but have no idea of how they are planning to enforce. As it is hard for younger 'mentalities' to hold the RP pose, I think an RP server is the best place to roll under the circumstances.

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/warhammer-online/

TOG might be an another option to look into (I did a quick check and saw they had WAR forums up so I posted the link). See above. Like minded folks with as close to an 'age enforcement' as I've seen. I duck my head in there periodically and it can have some interesting stuff.

I appreciate the comments and emails thus far. I did not realize so many shared this same desire as I do. I think if we can organize and decided on a server we will have a happier group of mature folks. Thank you again.

At the advice of others, this website below may meet our needs.

http://www.theoldergamers.com/

• Tuck2000Tuck2000 Member Posts: 361

Check out ARCH:

http://www.archcommunity.com/

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551

Honestly, I would look for another game. From everything I read and have witnessed from playing PW, this game is designed around those 12 year old kids more than WoW is. You can enter and leave anyone's party at any time, you don't even have to party for PQs, you can instantly enter scenarios without talking to anyone, etc. I am going to have fun playing anyways though because I am going to take the game for what it is, and its definitely NOT EQ, or for me... UO.

It's like having great times playing multiplayer Doom 2 with people at work back in the day and then expecting to get the same experience playing Halo online for the Xbox... it's not going to happen. You're going to get kids calling you a n00b and commenting everytime they kill someone.

• hackophackop Member Posts: 10

I, too, sent you a PM. Very good idea, I hope it pulls through to launch!

I thought I would update this thread. After suggestions I visited a website named www.theoldergamers.com and they have a designated server chosen. You will have to become a member to view it but that is free to do. I was unable to play Warhammer at the moment untill I build a new machine. I have met a lot of nice people through TOG.