Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If WAR fails...

Ima kill myself...

im kidding lol. But seriously if it does fail its gonna suck for me lolz. At one point while waiting for AOC I had a mindset already in place "If AOC fails theres always WAR" lol. Now WAR is my only hope to keep me busy till biowares MMO lol

Anywayz Im just wondering what MMO's are u guys going back to lol? Im going back to WoW

Comments

• MattissimoMattissimo Member Posts: 58

No surprises with WAR and nothing to worry about.

If you are not accustomed to eating kiwi, go slow at first.

• AKBanditoAKBandito Member Posts: 82

If WAR blows, im gonna try vanguard again, played it for like a day when it first came out, and im hearing alot of good things

But I dont think WAR will suck, since its focused on pvp/rvr. with the current PvE climate of MMOs, including WoW, where PvE is imo too easy, Pvp is what is not.

You cant dumb down other players(well WoWers have been )

Does anyone know how to make a mmoRPG anymore?

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

Play the beta of WAR and compare it to how AoC beta went.

I don't think anybody is thinking WAR will fail. There are many that doubt WAR will top WOW is the thing.

• j_jonsonj_jonson Member Posts: 105

WOW till i get tired of the Expo. I guess about 3 months.

Then LOTRO , that game is fun and actually has some diffucilty in it.

WoW has a handful of difficult world quests, most of the challenge comes from the Dungeons and i no longer fell like running them fifty billion times to get my shoulders and belt or whatever.  

MMEEEEEHHHHH!!!

• YnyrorYnyror Member Posts: 91

dont worry if it fails  we have darkfall to lok forward to ,,,,,,,,,

• richmixrichmix Member Posts: 121

With all the positive feedback WAR has been receiving throughout its late closed beta and preview weekend, I can guarantee you, with 110% full confidence, it will -not- fail.

That doesn't necessarily mean Mythic won't screw something up shortly after release, but if they do, I think the majority of players will stick around in confidence that the devs will fix their own screwup.

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

What exactly is your definition of " fail?"

Edit: just to clarify people say that AoC failed but there is apparently still a player base that enjoys it, same with Vanguard. When I hear "fail" I think of games like Dark and Light. and others that you can't even log on to the server anymore.

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

I had the same fear but after playing the game for almost week with CE damn it wont fail for me anyway and i cant wait for open beta

• EllisterEllister Member Posts: 128

If WAR Fails...

I cant even consider that eventuality.... its too scary, Im bored to hell with WoW.

Maybe back to DAoC.

Most likely become a hermit and forget what a PC is... Watch soaps like Eastenders and Coronation street... and BLOODY HOME AND AWAY!

Other that that for MMOs im looking at SGW (not confident in it really) and not really  looking atm at other things, maybe back to the FPS games, Battlefield Heros is already overdue as a free to DL and free to play FPS (from the makers of BF1942 and BF2 etc) and then theres another f2p Quakelive.

Then theres DIABLO 3!

Might learn to play a instrument :P

• AquilaferAquilafer Member Posts: 3

WAR will deliver a good game, but people expecting the next WoW will be dissapointed.

• verndvernd Member Posts: 600

I'm enjoying Ryzom at the moment, so if there's serious problems with WAR (which I kinda doubt) then I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now.

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185

As long as the client is stable (beta client seems very stable) and the bugs are kept to a minimum I dont think War will have any problems. You are gonna have the haters and the Fanbois, but the overall War community seems happy with the PW & CB. Most ppl saw that there was going to be major problems with AoC because of the poor performance of the beta client , and I dont see the same problems with the War beta client. The MMO community doesn't need another AoC launch.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Exactly the same way as WoW there is a big company behind them (even much bigger) - the chances EA game to fail are just zero, even if the game is crap. In addition WAR is very solid MMO, so he cannot fail even with the worst publisher in the world. So to talk about fail of the WAR is just joke. The question is just how successfull it will be.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ynyror

haha good one. By the time my ass sits down to play that id have to worry about my nutz drooping to the ground cause of old age

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by Kailash

Originally posted by Ynyror

haha good one. By the time my ass sits down to play that id have to worry about my nutz drooping to the ground cause of old age

WAR won't suck, and I'll play it for a few months until Darkfall releases. Now that beta and publishing is happening it should be this year, in Europe at least.

But WAR will be fine, Mythic is a good company.

• ToddrulesToddrules Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 19

War won't fail and it won't kill WoW but it doesnt need to. Wow is lightning in a bottle, there will never be another game with 10 million subscribers and thats fine. War should settle in with around 1 million subscribers and it will be the 2nd most succesful MMO of all time.

• gamer2108gamer2108 Member Posts: 203

I cant see War failing. Mythic is a good reputable company with years of experience in MMO's

The preview weekend was awesome, I was suprised how stable and polished the game was to be the closed beta client. The current state of the game is alot better than most MMo's on the market.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

If WAR did actually blow (but it won't, because it's a very decent game from what I've seen) then all that would do is encourage MMO players to explore the different MMOs out there that haven't been as hyped as this game at the current moment. There are ALOT of really unique MMOs I've been coming across the past 6 months that I've never heard of until I looked for them, and some even greater, innovate MMOs coming in the near future (y'know, NOT fantasy and NOT a levelling set and unique features). If anything it would actually do the industry good.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Ima kill myself...
    im kidding lol. But seriously if it does fail its gonna suck for me lolz. At one point while waiting for AOC I had a mindset already in place "If AOC fails theres always WAR" lol. Now WAR is my only hope to keep me busy till biowares MMO lol
    Anywayz Im just wondering what MMO's are u guys going back to lol? Im going back to WoW

You seriously do need to get a life m8.   Have you discovered females yet ?

If it fails you can say you were part of it .

Caveat Emptor

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

No need to panic about WAR, there is more positive feedback than negative due to the PW.

With OB around the corner, this is where the true factor will remain if your going to love it or hate it.

Anyways, if I am seriously wrong about WAR and it does bomb.. (which i seriously doubt)..

I still got Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online and Knights of the Old Republic Online to look forward too.

But folks, we are going to be alright with this game... so really no need to get all negative here..

Serioulsy folks... dont panic like this lady about WAR failing or you may just end up like her..

watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Warhammer beta wasn't a bust, I loved the game.

But hypothetically speaking, I would just continue playing LOTRO while I wait for Aion & Darkfall.

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

While it is good that they are getting positive feedback from the pre-order people, that fanbase is obviously tainted. These are people who already bought the game before even getting to try it.  After open beta, when the more skeptical among us have had our shot we will see whether it really has potential.  This Wowkiller talk is very premature, and I'm not even a wow player.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

It's actually nice to see some cautious cynicsm around the MMORPG community rather than the slavering fanboi enthusaism we see way too often.

Given the history of MMORPG development, every single person on these forums should be enormously cautious about the potential of any game.   The whole community should demand solid proof before believing anything from any Developer rather than just sucking up the baseless hype they throw out like in some games in development.

Fortunately WAR has been providing some of that proof.     There were people who liked the Preview Weekend, and some who didn't, but in general the game ran and many people gave it positive comments.    As a beta-tester I can say that I've been greatly enjoying the game and there are other beta-testers who will back me on that. 

Now it's not over til the fat lady sings (ie the servers go live), so there's still the chance things could go horribly wrong.  But right now the bets are looking better and better that WAR will be a game worth playing. 

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Thunderballs

Ima kill myself...

You seriously do need to get a life m8.   Have you discovered females yet ?

If it fails you can say you were part of it .

Hehe If you were a true MMO gamer you would know theres the time u spend with your girl and the time u play your fav MMO lol. I think us married men can all agree to this ((MMO playing married men at least))

• UrrellesUrrelles Member Posts: 574

If WAR, in some stroke of bad luck, fails then it is back to WoW.  If Champions Online fails, then it is back to CoH.  I still got backups that I do enjoy.  I want to avoid WoW because it is growing into a beast I don't like, but I know I can withstand that beast and still enjoy the game.