Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My reactions about Toontown Online

DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138

At first i looked at the screenshots and was all like... "lol does anyone actually play this? It looks so silly", and i was overly curious and tried it, the game is actually fun to play, there is only one thing i have to bash it's head on a wall for... Disconnecting issues.

If yer on a wireless connection, you're dead, you'll be crying, screaming, swearing at the game, because you'll disconnect 80% of the time you transit into a new area and randomly disconnect just by walking around, and when you will be trying to log back in it can take from1  to like 8 tries before you can actually go back into the game to play for a big 5 minutes before your next disconnect.

Apparently this issue has been issued years ago and disney didn't do anything to fix it other than giving the customers canned answers about updating their router firmware updating their graphic card driver and so on, forcing the customers to be FORCED to do something in order to play THEIR game, which should be the other way around, the developpers are supposed to adapt to the community needs, not the inverse, it is especially true in case of paying customers. I am on wirless and sent 2 help requests on their web pages, each one with a 24 hours delay, they never replied to it, their service is horrible on this side.

Good gameplay but deaf administrators.

Comments

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278

If you like toontown, you'll love wizard101.

Wizard101 is setup almost exactly like toontown, except its you play a kid wizard in school. You can pick from one of like 8 different schools of magic, and you can also multiclass.

Your skills come in the form of cards, and you build a deck like you would in MTG or YuGiOh.

Its a neat game, they worked out many of the bugs, and added tons of new animations to the treasure cards, and i think its still in beta and free to play.

They also made it very easy to submit feedback, bug reports.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138

I tried the game you told me about, it is a good material game i agree, and i plan to play it more, thanks for the reference, it's a game i can enjoy a lot, the only thing that bummer me a bit is that there is no house we can customize, there's dorms but that's far from being as flexible.

But i do plan to play it, i like the game.

• LoneWolfiNTjLoneWolfiNTj Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Drakaden

[in WIzard 101] there is no house we can customize, there's dorms but that's far from being as flexible.

Nonsense.  You can customize both your dorm room (and your house, when you buy one) by installing furnishings and decorations you've bought or found throughout the spiral.  And you have a wide variety of houses to choose from, also.  I like the Marleybone manor house, myself; mid-sized, mid-priced, nice layout, and comes with a big basement room and a big garden area.  And my house is stuffed.  Very "customized", as you put it.  Mostly with stuff from Krokotopia, but with a few accents from MooShoo and Dragonspire as well.

(This thread, however, really belongs in a Wiz 101 forum, not here in the Toontown forum.)

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA
    twiddletooth [at] gmail [dot] com
    www dot well dot com slant tilde lonewolf slant

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Your internet connection has nothing to do with it. It could be numerous problems. It could be as in that you don't have the right amount of RAM (memory) to play the game. Go to the my computer file and RIGHT click it. Click properties. Go to the system requirement site at toontown.com and see if you have the right requirements by comparing your PC data with theirs. I didn't have enough RAM to play Wizard101 and it kept disconnecting just like you said. You have to buy the RAM and go to geeksquad so they can insert in your computer. Like I said it could be numerous problems so after reading this message don't go to your parents and say "Mom I need more memory for my computer." 

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• LoneWolfiNTjLoneWolfiNTj Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Drakaden

... Good gameplay but deaf administrators. ...

Yes, Toontown Online's on-line support is surprisingly bad.  However, the live telephone support (different people?) are actually very helpful.  So if you have a problem, instead of emailing them, it's better to wait till business hours (even if you have to wait several days), then call them on the phone.  They've been able to solve some thorny problems for me very quickly.

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA
    twiddletooth [at] gmail [dot] com
    www dot well dot com slant tilde lonewolf slant