Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10: Best Game Endings

GameXtract writes "Okay people, you've beaten a game, you feel satisfied, but nothing makes you feel better than watching a perfectly good ending cinematic. What games have had the best endings? Well I bring you this list, of the top ten best endings."

Check it out http://gamextract.com/?p=1465

For me, it's FF7 hands down. ESPECIALLY when Tifa died.... T_____T

Contest deadline extended to 31 October 2008 ! Just take screenshots and be in the run to win free account key !

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

F.E.A.R as the 5th best ending ever? What the F*ck where they thinking? This alone kinda throws that whole article out of perspective for me. That ending sucked lol. I dont know if you played it but when you beat it you are in a helicopter and then the woman jumps in and the helicopter crashes. That's friggin it.

Boom Headshot. lol. I do agree with you FFVII should have been in the top 3....not number 9. That whole FEAR thing has me thinking this writer doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,179

I'm still a big fan of the super metroid ending.. love that game.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Shadow of the Colossus anyone?

That game was just..beautiful, and the ending, words can't describe how amazing it was!

I cried for like a half hour first play through, amazing game.

• magdalene08magdalene08 Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Enigma
    F.E.A.R as the 5th best ending ever? What the F*ck where they thinking? This alone kinda throws that whole article out of perspective for me. That ending sucked lol. I dont know if you played it but when you beat it you are in a helicopter and then the woman jumps in and the helicopter crashes. That's friggin it.
    Boom Headshot. lol. I do agree with you FFVII should have been in the top 3....not number 9. That whole FEAR thing has me thinking this writer doesnt know what the hell he is talking about.

He said :

"So, those are my top ten, agree or disagree. Those are just my (and plenty other peoples) opinions."

LMAO.

Contest deadline extended to 31 October 2008 ! Just take screenshots and be in the run to win free account key !

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

Hmm, personaly I would go for ending of FF7:Crisis Core, which is essentially the opening of FF7... Midgard zooming out while Nobuo Uematsu's music plays is just epic.

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Agreed with most of them 

?

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by magdalene08

GameXtract writes "Okay people, you've beaten a game, you feel satisfied, but nothing makes you feel better than watching a perfectly good ending cinematic. What games have had the best endings? Well I bring you this list, of the top ten best endings."

Don't you mean *Spoiler* Aereis? Hehe yea, loved that game, can't wait for FFXIII, its going to be for the xbox 360 aswell, yipee!!

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i liked legend of dragoons ending, and FF10's ending.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• pinkspiderxpinkspiderx Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 14

is it me or did i not notice tifa died in ff7?

wheres shadow hearts 2 on that list, or suikoden 5?! both of those made me cry!

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Haven't beaten the majority of those games so I won't say too much, but if ffVII's ending is there then it can't be a good list.  That ending was average at best and did nothing the clear up the piss poor story of the game.

member of imminst.org

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Dont remember when Tifa died but maybe u ment Aerith.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Metal gear solid all of them except 4 because i havent played it yet.

Originally posted by Goldknyght

Dont remember when Tifa died but maybe u ment Aerith.

I was going to ask that, cause i wa slike did this game change on me.....when did tifa die. I remember Aerith dying on the second disc...

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Tifa didn't die in FF7. Aerith died on disc 2.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Now I couldn't pick 10 as I really haven't played a ton of games that I wanted to beat but for me its.

1 Mass Effect- When GI said that the last 3 hours of the game was either the best moment or 2nd or 3rd of 07 I reaslied that once I did the mission where a squad mate died I didn't stop playing till the end.

2 Call of Duty 4- Man that was a emotional ending. I came to love the guys in my squad and seeing them get slaughterd on the bridge was tough. From the american taking a head shot to gaz being shot while injured on the ground that was painful. Then the guy I cant remember, the frsit character in a game I wanted to follow slides you the gun then you see a guy trying to revive him. The American ending was also pretty tough as you see a whole force get wiped out and your guy slowly dies.

3 Halo 3- Say whatever you want about the Halo series but the end was amazing. I mean killing sarge, he was built up as a guy who couldn't die. And the race out like Halo 1 with the cutscene trying to get out of there and it was just great.

4 Elder Scrolls 4- It was great, the cutscene with the guy whose name I cant remeber turning into a dragon was epic.

5 WC3- watching Arthas kill his farther, now that was a great cinematic. They should have just used that for WotLK.

6 Gears of War - The train fight followed byw atching the guys get blown to bits then seeing the others just watching from a distance was great.

7 Super Mario bros- I haven't felt the sence of acomplishment that I have in this game in any other game I played. Finaly getting ot 8-4 and beating bowser and not finding another talking plant waiting for me was awesome.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD