Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im Tired Of This!

No, im not tired of AoC i love it, what im tired of is all the players/ex-players complaining about it and saying "I convinced all my guildees to leave AoC and wait for WAR" you know what, No one knows! how do you know WAR wont suck? Have you played it? Have you even seen it? No. so just shut up. Wait until its out and then judge it, Most people were hyped for AoC, we saw Videos,Screens almost every month/week same with WAR, Yet AoC has bugs, and alot of people hate it, so whos to say WAR wont suck.

/end Yammering

Comments

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

I'll bite.

Some of us are in BETA, so some of us do in fact know what the score is.

We have every right to post what we think of this game and it's developers. Stay in game and off the forums if you don't want to see it.

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by Blackhawk242

No, im not tired of AoC i love it, what im tired of is all the players/ex-players complaining about it and saying "I convinced all my guildees to leave AoC and wait for WAR" you know what, No one knows! how do you know WAR wont suck? Have you played it? Have you even seen it? No. so just shut up. Wait until its out and then judge it, Most people were hyped for AoC, we saw Videos,Screens almost every month/week same with WAR, Yet AoC has bugs, and alot of people hate it, so whos to say WAR wont suck.

/end Yammering

Yes i have played war, and its the most fun i have had in an mmo to date. This forum is people power and so are mmo's in general. if the public dont like it , they will tear it down and thats how life should be. The people can single handedly destroy a company if they are cheated..and i for one love that.

• VhatiVhati Member Posts: 92

Not once past lvl 20 did i ever think, hmmm should i wear this piece of armor, or this piece.  There was never a question on what i should use.

It was welll there is my purple for lvls 60-70,  now at lvl 70-80 i find my next purple.  You heard me,  i said purple, not purples.  Because there is only 1 piece per 10 levels.

In every other mmorpg to date, i have questioned what to put on my character, depending on how i wanted to develop him, hell every mmo and single rpg i have done that.

Oddly enough, in war. i have had more choices in the first hour than in all of my time in AoC.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

unfortunately WAR bashing is coming too.

Was the same for AoC it was 2nd coming and there was lots and lots of beta leaks.

Its same for WAR now, the fact is the more the game is hyped and the better they sell more hate it will produce by some players that wont get what they expected.

Let people vent if by some chance Funcom gets his shit together and actually make some worthwhile  end game content players will return slowly and new will come.  ( but imo they missed the chance to become main stream MMO .. if they are lucky they will be in LOTRO range )

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

I waited for AoC.  Didn't know much about it other than I read all of R.E. Howard's, L. Sprague de Camp's, and Lin Carter's (and others) Conan books when I was a kid.

I bought the game being mostly isolated from the hype.  I played it.  It sucks.   Thus, I'm entitled and well within my rights to say what I want about AoC.

Thank you.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

/continue hammering

i see the human brain as a group and club mentality. prehaps if we hammer them back with love, they will just go away?

have to love the hater, he is a fragile person when we dig down deep in the personality. its the question, the question of why is he here, after 3 months-still pursuing. perhaps its because he bought the box and feels ripped off? or maybe it goes deeper than that. still deeper. hiding like a shy boy on the first day of school. he has found his outlet on the internet as a anonymous Pseudogene. lots of views on some threads. large audience. semore the seal claps for you.

sure im goading a little. but you know what? these packs of wolves are making me go to the official site for issues, questions. i just want to look for links on this site with normal questions and answers. nothing but statements here. im a little bother about it, but ill live.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• octaocta Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by bluberryhaze

/continue hammering
    i see the human brain as a group and club mentality. prehaps if we hammer them back with love, they will just go away?
    have to love the hater, he is a fragile person when we dig down deep in the personality. its the question, the question of why is he here, after 3 months-still pursuing. perhaps its because he bought the box and feels ripped off? or maybe it goes deeper than that. still deeper. hiding like a shy boy on the first day of school. he has found his outlet on the internet as a anonymous Pseudogene. lots of views on some threads. large audience. semore the seal claps for you.
    sure im goading a little. but you know what? these packs of wolves are making me go to the official site for issues, questions. i just want to look for links on this site with normal questions and answers. nothing but statements here. im a little bother about it, but ill live.

What would be more effective is listing the positives in the game and any bug-free aspects of it.  Unfortunately the list is small, if it exists at all.  Oh wait there's Tortage, I forgot.

To the OP: Rather than whine about the whiners I invite you to join the discussion and offer your opinion on the points the detractors are posting.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Vhati

Not once past lvl 20 did i ever think, hmmm should i wear this piece of armor, or this piece.  There was never a question on what i should use.
    It was welll there is my purple for lvls 60-70,  now at lvl 70-80 i find my next purple.  You heard me,  i said purple, not purples.  Because there is only 1 piece per 10 levels.
    In every other mmorpg to date, i have questioned what to put on my character, depending on how i wanted to develop him, hell every mmo and single rpg i have done that.

Oddly enough, in war. i have had more choices in the first hour than in all of my time in AoC.

Did you only play WOW and Diablo games ?

They are the only games I know of where loot is so important .You don't need a purple to be Combat effective , So i'd disagree about the level of choice you're putting forward.I found plenty of decent looking armor from 20-38 , Never had a problem in that department. The Nemedian scout armor I had from head to toe looked great and served my purposes in combat PVE and PVP equally.The vanir stuff didn't look bad either , Of course the Vendor armors blow but that's always the case in MMO's.

I have to reiterate our small squable from another thread.  Loot was the least of the problems I saw going on in AOC , Armor isn't a hard thing to add to a game , Which means Itemization is easily fixable.Stats are easily fixable , Core problems aren't , That's where all focus should be . Worry about armor when the game works.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• octaocta Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Malickiebloo

They are the only games I know of where loot is so important .You don't need a purple to be Combat effective , So i'd disagree about the level of choice you're putting forward.I found plenty of decent looking armor from 20-38 , Never had a problem in that department. The Nemedian scout armor I had from head to toe looked great and served my purposes in combat PVE and PVP equally.The vanir stuff didn't look bad either , Of course the Vendor armors blow but that's always the case in MMO's.
    I have to reiterate our small squable from another thread.  Loot was the least of the problems I saw going on in AOC , Armor isn't a hard thing to add to a game , Which means Itemization is easily fixable.Stats are easily fixable , Core problems aren't , That's where all focus should be . Worry about armor when the game works.

Pretty much every RPG I've played from Final Fantasy on the Nintendo to Mabinogi has placed varying levels of importance in the loot.  Every RPG required me to get upgraded items or I simply wouldn't be able to progress further.  Since the core stats are broke ass in Conan, loot stats don't play such a big roll  (excluding gems).  I would argue this is not what they intended on the PvE side since you raid T1 to get the gear to be able to do T2.  Yes, they ripped off WoW's raid structure.  But when that T1 loot is worse than the green stuff I was getting at lvl 40(I'm not joking, I wish I had kept the screenshots), and is nowhere near effective enough to do T2 then the whole thing just feels worthless. 

The other kick in the balls is the advertised and much vaunted "1500 armor sets" and coming into the game not seeing evidence of that all. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by octa

Pretty much every RPG I've played from Final Fantasy on the Nintendo to Mabinogi has placed varying levels of importance in the loot.  Every RPG required me to get upgraded items or I simply wouldn't be able to progress further.  Since the core stats are broke ass in Conan, loot stats don't play such a big roll  (excluding gems).  I would argue this is not what they intended on the PvE side since you raid T1 to get the gear to be able to do T2.  Yes, they ripped off WoW's raid structure.  But when that T1 loot is worse than the green stuff I was getting at lvl 40(I'm not joking, I wish I had kept the screenshots), and is nowhere near effective enough to do T2 then the whole thing just feels worthless. 

The other kick in the balls is the advertised and much vaunted "1500 armor sets" and coming into the game not seeing evidence of that all. 

I'm referring to the Importance of purples (to non raid gameplay), As compared to WOW and Diablo.  Outside of raiding , What other use do they have ? ( they don't  put you in god mode like diablo or WOW). Lets not forget there's still blues and greens , Which hold up fine.

You don't need them to enjoy the game , Raiding maybe , however as an anti Raider I really don't care about their importance to that .Outside of "raid" gear intemization isn't all that bad , I found many armor types in the 10-38 level areas, just as much as I would in any other game(I've played) .Most weren't as good as some but that's quite normal.

As for every RPG making you HAVE to get a certain item , I don't know what you're trying to say here . AOC dosen't allow you to progress ?

What RPG forced you to upgrade your gear to Progress?  From the Elder Scrolls to NWN2 If you're good enough you could play through them with your bare hands and starter gear . I've never played a game that placed Itemization as important as you're putting forth.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• scabzyscabzy Member UncommonPosts: 94

/end Yammering

if you can open your eyes, you will see that no game can have such large negative opinion, unless there is a real probleme, just check any website for pc games, and go to sub forum AOC and you will see ppl arn't happy, this is not official boards, or mmorpg.com , i dare you to find me a website where ppl are happy about this game, so either majority of ppl are dumb, or you are, and not everyone stick with a game just cuz it has cool graphics, only RP/casual do that.

and about war, im not a fan, and i am on beta, and for nda im cant say much about it, just that the game is quiet simple, in a way that makes it fun to play, the fun i couldn't find on aoc, i am waiting for AION and until then i am going to war, and i advice anyone not to buy aoc, buy your self some tast on mmorpg, and stop giving money to failcom if you want aoc to be better game, they have to sell it to some other company.

aoc could be great, if it wasn't awful, cut failcom, so EA/SoE could make it better!

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Lets talk loot:

In AoC the main problem is that all armors looks exactly like any other armors. Its a visual boredom that kicks in. And its even worse when we were told that there were 1500 different armor SETs in the game, before we bought it.

You cant even dye your armors so you can just look a little different from everyone else around you.

And what happened to social clothing that we were told before launch would be an important part of the game?

Or what happened to the clothing layer that were meant to be under the armor layer so we could combine clothing and armors to give individual looks to our toons?

On a sidenote; What happened to the char creation system where you could make your toon look unique? Shortly before launch they changed it so the sliders only did about 20% of the difference in appearance that they did before so everyone looks exactly the same if you are more than 10 yards away.

Now one can argue that bonuses is not that important because we can design our own bonuses via the gem system (just like spellcrafted items in DaoC), but the problem here is that all the bonuses are insignificant except for one type of bonus so everyone fill out their armors with green gems that give a such a huge bonus that everything else in the game becomes irrelevant.

So we have this huge varity somewhere in the game but only for NPCs, we have no personal variation what so ever and we were promised it all before we bought the game . . no wonder the latest survey showed that 80% of the people who still play the game found the itemization to be bad.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by scabzy

/end Yammering

if you can open your eyes, you will see that no game can have such large negative opinion, unless there is a real probleme, just check any website for pc games, and go to sub forum AOC and you will see ppl arn't happy, this is not official boards, or mmorpg.com , i dare you to find me a website where ppl are happy about this game, so either majority of ppl are dumb, or you are, and not everyone stick with a game just cuz it has cool graphics, only RP/casual do that.

and about war, im not a fan, and i am on beta, and for nda im cant say much about it, just that the game is quiet simple, in a way that makes it fun to play, the fun i couldn't find on aoc, i am waiting for AION and until then i am going to war, and i advice anyone not to buy aoc, buy your self some tast on mmorpg, and stop giving money to failcom if you want aoc to be better game, they have to sell it to some other company.

aoc could be great, if it wasn't awful, cut failcom, so EA/SoE could make it better!

Game forums are bitchfests by nature. If people are having fun, they're playing the game and don't pay much attention to forums. I'd have a hard time finding forums for any game that weren't filled with the discontent and offended. I'm not saying AOC is or isn't crap, just that you can't really judge a game by forums. Especially these.

To the OP. It's a futile request. Other people having fun has never stopped anyone from spreading their own opinion as fact. Enjoy the game and hope that it gets better.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

• VhatiVhati Member Posts: 92

I'm referring to the Importance of purples (to non raid gameplay), As compared to WOW and Diablo.  Outside of raiding , What other use do they have ? ( they don't  put you in god mode like diablo or WOW). Lets not forget there's still blues and greens , Which hold up fine.

You don't need them to enjoy the game , Raiding maybe , however as an anti Raider I really don't care about their importance to that .Outside of "raid" gear intemization isn't all that bad , I found many armor types in the 10-38 level areas, just as much as I would in any other game(I've played) .Most weren't as good as some but that's quite normal.

As for every RPG making you HAVE to get a certain item , I don't know what you're trying to say here . AOC dosen't allow you to progress ?

What RPG forced you to upgrade your gear to Progress?  From the Elder Scrolls to NWN2 If you're good enough you could play through them with your bare hands and starter gear . I've never played a game that placed Itemization as important as you're putting forth.

there is actually a pretty large difference between green and purples.  the fact is that purples are so easy to get that they should be called uncommon.  

The fact that there is no actual random loot in this game, like Diablo, which they compared thier loot system to, claiming to have more armor sets and more randomization.

The fact is they have niether.  Where is a random item with several random properties?  Why not have items that provide additional knockback bonuses, or bonuses to feats.  It would really be unique to character play style if you could get above max feat total with an armor providing that feat bonus.  Why not weapons with a small chance of knockback, or stun, or blinding.  Could be a ton of things they could have done. 

The fact is this is without a doubt the worse itemization ever in a game. Compare it to any other game Wow, diablo, nwn 1 and 2, daoc, Tb, AO, god i could keep going but you should get the point.  Claim whatever you want about finding good loot, the fact is that in 20 more levels you will have a good understanding of the lack of itemization.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by IKShadow

unfortunately WAR bashing is coming too.

Was the same for AoC it was 2nd coming and there was lots and lots of beta leaks.

Its same for WAR now, the fact is the more the game is hyped and the better they sell more hate it will produce by some players that wont get what they expected.
    Let people vent if by some chance Funcom gets his shit together and actually make some worthwhile  end game content players will return slowly and new will come.  ( but imo they missed the chance to become main stream MMO .. if they are lucky they will be in LOTRO range )

Do not forget there is WoW bashing too and its the largest mmo todate.Not to mention SWG,EQ2 and just about every mmo ever released LOL. There will always be game haters out there for some reason or another lol.

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597

For some, hating on games in gaming forums is its own MMO. They grind out hate like the rest of us grind xp.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

No, I'm not tired of AoC i love it, what I'm tired of is all the players/ex-players complaining about it and saying "I convinced all my guildees to leave AoC and wait for WAR" you know what, No one knows! how do you know WAR wont suck? Have you played it? Have you even seen it? No. so just shut up. Wait until its out and then judge it, Most people were hyped for AoC, we saw Videos,Screens almost every month/week same with WAR, Yet AoC has bugs, and alot of people hate it, so whos to say WAR wont suck.

/end Yammering

No one is going to keep quiet as far as there animosity to AOC is concerned ...and you know why ?

What is the  time frame or the level of negative response to time some spent waiting for AOC ..some spent months if not years on the AOC forums discussing the game ...waiting in anticipation for all these promised features and revolutionary content .The negative posts are a result of the failure of Funcom to deliver ...so please leave the  " don't judge AOC platitudes " at home ...unless you can build me a time machine and give me back my time wasted on the game and more importantly time spent waiting for the game

PS Oh and I'm not a miserable jaded gamer ,I play Vanguard ,Everquest 2 and UO  at the moment and love them...but I still find  and commit time to the "I hate Funcom department " :)

Hope this clears things up :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• HydrakanaHydrakana Member Posts: 160

I'm in WAR beta and well, the NDA is stopping me explaining how AoC has no hope against it.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by Vhati  

Actually dude, as the other person has stated, pretty much any other RPG has some basis for loot in it. Even in the most simplistic RPG's loot generally will benefit your character to a point you can notice it. Going back to games even like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy when you got loot it made a difference.

The problem with Conan is that, save for maybe three different stats loot really has no importance at all. Stats that traditionally in RPG's have some meaning (STR, INT, CON, WIS) have pretty much no effect in Age of Conan. In fact, the only stats that are worth a damn are gems with +dmg to them, which in a fun turn of fate makes it so a class can 1 shot other players.

The irony, of course, is that because of this the only gear worth using is gemmed out dmg gear, and you need it to PvP well.

• LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

/continue hammering

What would be more effective is listing the positives in the game and any bug-free aspects of it.  Unfortunately the list is small, if it exists at all.  Oh wait there's Tortage, I forgot.

To the OP: Rather than whine about the whiners I invite you to join the discussion and offer your opinion on the points the detractors are posting.

Actually Tortage was symptomatic of what made me want to quit because it was far to much like a section of a console game. It was pretty enough the first time round but I found it too claustrophobic & the thought of repeating it has put me off creating alts.

There might be an escape from Tortage but there is no escape from the Destiny quest. The whole game seems to have been centered on a single player storyline rather than creating a persistent MMO world.

I play a Lvl 58 Demonologist & there is practically no choice in armour/robes at all. I was lucky to pick up a 'Blue Level 50 Robe' eight levels ago, but at every new level when I check the Trader there is nothing to but in upgrades. This is possibly because the Trader is so cumbersome to use that most people just sell items to vendors apart from at endgame. I know that I end up doing that a lot.

I don't hate the game, I just feel disappointed that it turned out to be a console game with delusions of grandeur & poor itemisation rather than an MMO. Maybe Funcom will turn it around in the end, but the novelty has worn off now & I don't have the patience to wait & find out. I am still playing currently though which is why I have posted. Once I have quit I won't even bother to check the forums, let alone post.

As for BluberryHaze's comments, you are making exactly the same mistake as the people that post the senseless 'Failcom Smells' type threads. There are not only two groups 'Fanboi/Hateboi' & not all the people who criticise the game quit three months ago. The reason why the boards are such a mess is precisely because subsets of the supporters & critics seem obsessed with polarising everything into some ridiculous display of tribal behaviour, but I suppose that only reflects what people do in RL too.

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

/end Yammering

I will tell you one thing...steak was great, someone like it "rare" as it is now...i prefer "well done" so im leaving to find anotherone.

Its personal opinion and taste really.

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• BazankoBazanko Member Posts: 130

/end Yammering

If only ghandi would have listerned to people like you and kept his mouth shut .

Just because your delt a card does not mean you have to accept it, some of us dont lie down and take it.

If its a lie or mis represented its wrong no matter who says it.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by ronan32

/end Yammering

Yes i have played war, and its the most fun i have had in an mmo to date. This forum is people power and so are mmo's in general. if the public dont like it , they will tear it down and thats how life should be. The people can single handedly destroy a company if they are cheated..and i for one love that.

896+ thousand members on this site with a significant number of them inactive. People power? We have been cheated so many times in these last couple of years "The People" don't seem to really care any more. Hence they are settling for a polished version of WoW. Hurray lets all conform. Also I don't really think we've destroyed any companys.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Hydrakana

I'm in WAR beta and well, the NDA is stopping me explaining how AoC has no hope against it.

Well Iam in WAR beta too and I dont see how thats have anything to do with it AoC's no hope comment ?

I can tell you know you will see lots and lots WAR bashing in 1.5 after release.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

to think war will launch with no bugs you would have to be stupid.   of course it will  im sure there  will be plenty of bugs.  but at least the core  of  the game wil be working and in place . you think war will go live make the same mistake as aoc  dont think so