Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alpha invite update

fordzillafordzilla Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 100

invites should start at noon est on gamespot  wed. aug 13

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Wasnt it the 14th??

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

He means the applications will be up on Gamespot today. It was supposed to have been yesterday but they had some technical issues and postponed it. The beginning of alpha is still scheduled for the 14th.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

hopefully the window of opportunity isn't short as actually getting to the website is a problem

over 25 minutes for me so far

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by gatheris

hopefully the window of opportunity isn't short as actually getting to the website is a problem
    over 25 minutes for me so far

keep refreshing the link. I got the registration that way. Also, need to dl from gamespot. Don't use the link in the email. 4 hr dl for me. Guess I will leave it running during work.

yeah - at work right now so trying to do it on the sly isn't easy

hoping i can do this when i get home for lunch

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Bah i missed it!!!!!11

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

Wow, the application process is already over?

Lame.  Some of us have to work during the day, cheapshot.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

yeah sad isn't it

got home for lunch a little before three (yes, i have to work too) but it was too late

• melankomelanko Member Posts: 33

Got in. That was painful.

Melanko's Gamer Blog
    "See you down in Arizona Bay... " -B. Hicks/MJK

Well, seems I missed my chance as well, but- A simple key giveaway? Looking at the comments on that Gamespot page I'm thinking that this first "batch" of testers is going to be a real, real mixed bag. Haha.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

If i read the news on the games site..when alpha starts Aug 14th thats it...no more waves...those are the alpha testers till early 2009.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

4 hours later they released another wave of alpha invites...FIFO stile like first time...

and...saying that you are in closed alpha is clear breaking of NDA ... cccc

im sure that after two weeks kids who tought "ooo a free game" will give up when they realise their character will be reseted 20 times, they will have to download daily patches, they will have limited area to play in etc...+ client crashes and who knows what

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by gamerman98

If i read the news on the games site..when alpha starts Aug 14th thats it...no more waves...those are the alpha testers till early 2009.

actully there will be more waves

Originally posted by Qark

4 hours later they released another wave of alpha invites...FIFO stile like first time...
    and...saying that you are in closed alpha is clear breaking of NDA ... cccc
    im sure that after two weeks kids who tought "ooo a free game" will give up when they realise their character will be reseted 20 times, they will have to download daily patches, they will have limited area to play in etc...+ client crashes and who knows what

and you can say your in the alpha i just read the nda it doesnt say you cant.

unless I missed it

most people said that they got a key so that means there in it in the regular forums too lol

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Well, seems I missed my chance as well, but- A simple key giveaway? Looking at the comments on that Gamespot page I'm thinking that this first "batch" of testers is going to be a real, real mixed bag. Haha.

something along those lines anyway

we do know that most of those that got a key certainly don't have daytime jobs

pretty strange sign up system they have chosen - don't think that bodes well for the game itself

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224

Alpha Questions

http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php?p=135274#post135274

Unread Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #1

Moonshadow
    vbmenu_register("postmenu_135274", true);

Community Manager

default Asking Alpha Questions

All, in accordance to the NDA Section 4 Subsection (a) disclosure of any Confidential Information is prohibited. Questions in reference to the Alpha Test including but not limited to Confidential Information is also prohibited, this includes your participation in the Alpha. We will not respond to questions about the Alpha on the open forums. Please follow the instructions provided when you received your Alpha Test information if you have further questions. Thank you for your understanding. - the FE Team

Next round of Alpha Testing

http://forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php?t=3710

thanks my mistake : )

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224

No prob, just don't wanna see anybody get in trouble and lose their invite.

to be honest thats a stupid reason to get your spot tooken away just for that

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I just signed up for a invite :) hopefully ill get a key :) there will be people dropping out of the game cause it will have a steep curve of learning which kids dont like (WOW ,NGE SWG) so there will be more spots :) hopefully we can get some real gamers in there...

• blooblobblooblob Member Posts: 134

Dang, I can't find the alpha sign-up on Gamespot, any help?

Edit: Found the link.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

can someone provide a link to where we sign up for alpha ? I went to gamespot and didnt see anything. There was a download link for the alpha version but nothing else

Originally posted by admriker4

can someone provide a link to where we sign up for alpha ? I went to gamespot and didnt see anything. There was a download link for the alpha version but nothing else

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/fallen-earth/

dont worry guys they will do more invites

This discussion has been closed.