Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you with CE who got into CB

This is how those who also ordered CE, and didn't get in feel.

Comments

• tr289tr289 Member Posts: 236

ok thats kinda funny :)

• SepulcherSepulcher Member Posts: 216

I laughed so hard at that.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

ROFLMAO dude thats great! I got in but thats just awesome.

• crucialwastecrucialwaste Member Posts: 23

My feelings exacttly.

• aranon12357aranon12357 Member Posts: 9

Lol funny!

I finally got a closed beta invite, but I'm in torrent purgatory right now.  1% download an hour, Aaaauuuggghh!  I might have the game downloaded by the time open beta starts, lol.  I'm exagerrating but not by much.  Hopefully I'll be testing tomorrow night.  Until then I wait and wait and wait.

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

lmao nice.

• CreepingDoomCreepingDoom Member Posts: 116

Pretty funny,

Know whats even more hilarious than that though? watching the rejects whine, while I sit smug as hell, waiting for the servers to come up so I can enjoy my invite.

It feels soooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good!

Rock a FailCom avatar now and express your disgust with pride!

The truth hurts...
    Funcom RX

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

tisk tisk be nice.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by CreepingDoom

Pretty funny,
    Know whats even more hilarious than that though? watching the rejects whine, while I sit smug as hell, waiting for the servers to come up so I can enjoy my invite.
    It feels soooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good!

Know whats even funnier? Sitting here DL'ing using the patcher wondering if all the rumors are true about getting removed from the test because of useing the patcher  Ah well, even if I do I will just wait another week or two till the PW but I will have the client. I'm just not willing to sit here with my bandwidth tied up for days and days because of the Torrent speeds. Just not willing to do that regardless of how much I am looking forward to the game.

• nratnamnratnam Member UncommonPosts: 186

Well this is an extra they gave as a bonus.  Also they said it was was subject to thei requirements.

• syxxsyxx Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by nratnam

Well this is an extra they gave as a bonus.  Also they said it was was subject to computer specs.

Min requirements :D.

Im still thinking your gaming background also has alot to do with it so if you only played WoW then you prolly wont get in.

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by syxx

Well this is an extra they gave as a bonus.  Also they said it was was subject to computer specs.

Im still thinking your gaming background also has alot to do with it so if you only played WoW then you prolly wont get in.

Closed beta specs are not the same as minimum game specs.

Originally posted by Distaste

Closed beta specs are not the same as minimum game specs.

Wanna bet?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

thread over at the ign boards about this - seems that more than press affiliation restricted some people

vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/108187502/p1/

They are not basing it on minimum released specs. THere have their own guidelines for closed beta that they want to test.

When you sign up for closed beta account you asked questions about hte mmos you have played and the beta you are tested before as well as why you want to test the game. So if you wrote something lame and that took no effort you have less of a chance.

I got in the first wave of invites so to those you haven't got it lol

They are not basing it on minimum released specs. THere have their own guidelines for closed beta that they want to test.

When you sign up for closed beta account you asked questions about hte mmos you have played and the beta you are tested before as well as why you want to test the game. So if you wrote something lame and that took no effort you have less of a chance.

i had already made a post up there about it having to do with the MMO's you played.

Really all you have to be is min spec and have a gaming background with no press/industry affiliation..

Doing a degree in computer games design and programming FTW!

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

The early invites (before this week) were based on specs. Currently it's CB. Soon it will be all pre-orders. Then...TA-DAH .....EVERYONE (if you buy, of course. That last is RTM)

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

i had already made a post up there about it having to do with the MMO's you played.

Really all you have to be is min spec and have a gaming background with no press/industry affiliation..

There's wa a random element too. I was on the Beta List for a year and half, had a high end machine throughout that time and have a list of played MMOs as long as my.....*cough*...arm.

I am sure they initially picked random specs that were both high and low in their estimated range.

Maybe I was over qualified!?!?!?!

Like a tootsie pop the World May Never Know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGTUFqPJo4

i dunno my system is pretty top end.

vista 64

4 gig 1066mhz ram

9800Gx2

intel quad core q6600 OCed to 3 ghz per core

500 gig hard drive

but i got in to the ffirst invites.

I still think its the combination of what i mentioned earlier.

• TasTYTasTY Member Posts: 236

FUCK, that is so true!

• DPawlik349DPawlik349 Member Posts: 73

That's definitely how I feel.

Finwe on microphones in MMOs: "it'd eliminate l33t speak....But it would bring in ebonics."

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by Digna

The early invites (before this week) were based on specs. Currently it's CB. Soon it will be all pre-orders. Then...TA-DAH .....EVERYONE (if you buy, of course. That last is RTM)

Yes however, open sucks and is meant for massive stress testing :).