Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GM cybers with a player.

167891012»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Zorvan

that's kinda different , it's a very unfair and extreme comparison .  pedophiles cought on the internet are intentionally seeking out children . thats not the case here . 
    im not trying to defend the GM , but at the same time your statement is over the top . it's like comparing an axe murder with some one that lost control of their car and killed some one .  the end result ( some one is dead ) may be the same but how and why that person is dead are totally different .

How do we know that? The GM seemed to be more concerned with the other player being a girl in RL than how old the player really was.

Considering it's a mature rated MMO , It isn't outlandish to think those you're playing with are adults.Trying to label the GM as a pedophile is a little over the top , There's absolutely no evidence to back up such a claim or thought.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051

How do we know that? The GM seemed to be more concerned with the other player being a girl in RL than how old the player really was.

Because everyone in this game should be 18+?

This GM was not professional and very naive, but it is pathetic to use moralism to judge this situation.

If you want to see the GM as an imoral person, the player who manilupated this situation is even worse.

It is pretty silly see such a social, common and stupid situation became so expressive among people, it is easy to realise why tabloids sell so much.

There are people here saying people who flirt go to jail and people seeing this GM as a potential pedophile predator, but almost no one realise how low was the player who created this situation.

Hypocrisy and false moralism.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Umbral

This GM was not professional and very naive, but it is pathetic to use moralism to judge this situation.

If you want to see the GM as an imoral person, the player who manilupated this situation is even worse.

It is pretty silly see such a social, common and stupid situation became so expressive among people, it is easy to realise why tabloids sell so much.

There are people here saying people who flirt go to jail and people seeing this GM as a potential pedophile predator, but almost no one realise how low was the player who created this situation.

You're not the only person who feels that way , The player was just as guilty IMO . If not more so considering the spectacle he created here ,by  their own admission they only did it for kicks and giggles. Which says to me they were only trying to fuel the fire already burning under the AOC launch .Of course offering more ammunition for the "Failcom club" as well, Which as you can see has been used as intended.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637

Correct me, if I am wrong.  I think professional is a person that is paid for his work.  Maybe english differ from spanish.

But webster seems to define it as thought: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professional

So, unless you are saying the GM was contracted by Funcom to provide cybersex, he was not doing his job while using the tools provided by his employeer (the GM account).  So hes was unprofessional.  This has nothing to do with moral.

Now, about the age thing.  No idea how is it in your country but in mine you cant say that you thought the other person was an adult just because the place where you meet her/him was a mature place.  If you meet a underage woman in a mature only bar (because she was lying) and you have sex with her, you will have to go to jail.  Telling the judge you assume the girl was an adult becasue she was in a place that only mature people can be will only make him laugh.

In the online world, the juridisprudence (or whatever the word is) in my country says you MUST ask the other person the age or at least if the other person in an adult.  And the other person MUST answer, if you want to do anything.

All these have nothing to do with moral or ethics.

I wont judge all this in ethics becasue I dont know enough to even start.  But for my moral, the GM should had been working instead of trying to have cybersex and, so, he did something wrong.  And if he wanst in his working time, he should not use the GM account (which is a tool provided by the employeer).

Of course, funcom may had contract him to have cybersex... who knows?

Now, calling this GM a pedophile is a bit too much.  Or does anyone has proves of this?

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Jesus you have a concrete wall mask where your face should be.

YOU were saying that it's pretty normal for a teacher to flirt+date a student.

Numerous people told you that it's not, and in many countries it could mean jail for the teacher.

Then you made your first spin (LIE in fact), that you somehow meant university students (never mentioned THIS before).

You were faced with this lie that made you shut up for a while, but now, couple of days later suddenly "people are saying here that people who are flirting go to jail".

Are you a politician or what? No matter you're defending FC, your fellow spinmaster liars...

I threw up a little.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

Originally posted by Keeper2000

Correct me, if I am wrong.  I think professional is a person that is paid for his work.  Maybe english differ from spanish.

And why should I know if it is different in spanish?

But webster seems to define it asthought: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/professional

So, unless you are saying the GM was contracted by Funcom to provide cybersex, he was not doing his job while using the tools provided by his employeer (the GM account).  So hes was unprofessional.  This has nothing to do with moral.

Why you quoted me to use this argument? This has nothing to do with anything I said. You didnt read I said this GM didnt act as a professional?

Now, about the age thing.  No idea how is it in your country but in mine you cant say that you thought the other person was an adult just because the place where you meet her/him was a mature place.  If you meet a underage woman in a mature only bar (because she was lying) and you have sex with her, you will have to go to jail.  Telling the judge you assume the girl was an adult becasue she was in a place that only mature people can be will only make him laugh.

A minor should not even buy this game, are you trying to say that this GM might be a pedophile too? And nothing wrong with the guy that manipulated the situation ?

Ok, I disagree with you.

Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

{mod edit}

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I highly doubt it is real, but funnny none the less.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

You're not the only person who feels that way , The player was just as guilty IMO . If not more so considering the spectacle he created here ,by  their own admission they only did it for kicks and giggles. Which says to me they were only trying to fuel the fire already burning under the AOC launch .Of course offering more ammunition for the "Failcom club" as well, Which as you can see has been used as intended.

The main issue here Malickiebloo is, people wont see any guilt in the manipulative player.

Most of them are comparing this GM to a pedophile now, even what I said already was totally distorced and now they acuse-me of pro pedophilia ( it seems on the head of some people all students are children and all gamers are children ) and fanboism pro Funcom.

It is the famous ignorance of the masses as it seems.

It is almost funny to see that moral questions are only alowed to this GM and to anyone that is against the player attitude.

Anyway, I think we can see now that MMO companies and players are at the lower level these days.

• GuardiousGuardious Member Posts: 81

*This thread has ran it's course and is becoming personal. Flaming and retaliation is against the RoC (Rules of Conduct) on our site. If you have any question regarding the RoC please refer to the link below.*

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.