Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who enjoy real PvP, why not try Vendetta?

qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I recently tried this game and it has everything a lot of pvpers are asking for yet they are not there. It requires skill as in there are no dice rolls to the combat. Win or fail depends on your ability to dodge the enemy fire while making contact with your own. The game has a pvp focus first and foremost. You can be on a certain faction or be a pirate.

I don't see why all the pvpers do not flock to this game. The first thing I noticed is the depth and surprisingly good graphics this game offers. I think it is an excellent space MMORPG if you are burnt out on fantasy titles. It does offer a free trial. If you choose to do the trial I recommend the tutorial to get you started. The game has more depth than most out so might be a slight learning curve. The tutorial is intuitive and laid out well you shouldn't have a problem learning the basics as I did not. I don't know if I myself will continue playing because I am a PvE player mainly at heart but if it was PvE instead of a PvP focus I would sign up today.

It doesn't seem to get the attention this gem deserves. I thought I would make some pvpers aware of this great pvp title. You don't even have to have Windows to play it if you do not want to. There is a Linux port as well! Have a great day.

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by qombi

I recently tried this game and it has everything a lot of pvpers are asking for yet they are not there. It requires skill as in there are no dice rolls to the combat. Win or fail depends on your ability to dodge the enemy fire while making contact with your own. The game has a pvp focus first and foremost. You can be on a certain faction or be a pirate.
    I don't see why all the pvpers do not flock to this game. The first thing I noticed is the depth and surprisingly good graphics this game offers. I think it is an excellent space MMORPG if you are burnt out on fantasy titles. It does offer a free trial. If you choose to do the trial I recommend the tutorial to get you started. The game has more depth than most out so might be a slight learning curve. The tutorial is intuitive and laid out well you shouldn't have a problem learning the basics as I did not. I don't know if I myself will continue playing because I am a PvE player mainly at heart but if it was PvE instead of a PvP focus I would sign up today.
    It doesn't seem to get the attention this gem deserves. I thought I would make some pvpers aware of this great pvp title. You don't even have to have Windows to play it if you do not want to. There is a Linux port as well! Have a great day.

I've been thinking about checking it out. I'm really looking forward to Jumpgate Evolution which will be very similar.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I think you should try the trial you will be pleasantly surprised.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by qombi

I think you should try the trial you will be pleasantly surprised.

What are populations like?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

The population is very low, I tried the game out in beta and come back to check on it every once in a while...  You can see the population after you log in. 

Just checked and there are 24 players online, which isn't too bad for a space sim but is poor for this specific game.  Im personally waiting for jumpgate evolution.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• hangroyhangroy Member Posts: 5

As far as players go I regularly see upwards of 40+ and with as good as a community as we have you rarely go wanting more. Everyone is generally helpful and more than willing to talk to you. Of course, like anywhere we do have our trolls who tend to only want to cause trouble but hey they pay their fees too so mainly you just deal with them. I hope to see more people start joining up after all some of us are running out of people to shoot. :)

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I agree that the communty in the game is good and quality is better the quantity when it comes to players.

Just checked right now and 40 players online.  Seems like thats the average these days.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar