Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maple Story? Or Crowded Lagfest Story? Maybe they should change the name.

LightningJLightningJ Member CommonPosts: 4

Hey guys. Recently posted this on my blog over at www.mmosite.com, but, no response yet, so I thought Id post it here for you as well. Maybe someone here will post what they think of my idea lol xD

Maple Story? More like Crowded Lagfest Story.

Maple Story - A free to play two demensional side scrolling game in which players interact with other players while killing cute fuzzy animals in a virtual world. It also happens to be one of the more successful free MMO's, quite possibly because its the best game in the known universe.

I log into Maple Story on the Windia server (MagusEmperor, my sin xD look me up) and i can't help but notice how crowded the game is now. You cant step 3 feet without bumping into someone, and even when you have found an empty room, the game lags slightly due to the large player base and the amount of players online at one time. Now, you say "Okay, so Windia lags, but what can we do about it?"

Well here's an idea!

Right now, Windia is one of the more populated servers, while servers like Mardia stand empty. I think everyone joins Windia because it sounds cool 0.o. I think that nexon/wizet should influence new accounts towards joining mardia. It would be really easy too. The new accounts, ones without any character on any server, could be given a reward of some kind for joining the emptier servers. Not only would this even out the server populations a bit, but friends of people who play maplestory, who have decided to join the fun, could still join Windia if their friend is in Windia. They would just not get the reward they would have gotten if they had joined Mardia.

The economy of mesos/nx cash in Maple Story is a delicate balance. Too many players brings items up to insane prices, while too little players bring prices to an all time low. In Windia Steelies (a throwing star used by thieves) are currently being sold for 12-14 million mesos. As a curious player, I decided to make a Mardian player to check out the prices there. And let me say this, Mardia is a ghosttown. I went to the free market, and people are selling Steelies for 2 - 5 million mesos, an all time low across all servers. The fact is people are selling them for such a low price because they are not in demand there... there just arent enough people to want them.

My idea of a sort of bribe to get people into Mardia would fix this as well. More people in Mardia means more assassins in Mardia, meaning more people who want steelies. In this way, the price of steelies would go up.

I just used steelies as an example, but the fact is, the prices of everything would go up, successfully fixing the economy.

I realize the simplicity of this idea, and now I wonder why nexon/wizet has not thought of it, or if they have, why they have not put it into effect...

One other thing I'd like to point out. Maple Global is supposed to be for all of North America right? Well why does Nexon/Wizet think that North America means "The US, that insignificant country to the south...and I cant remember the one to the north...it's big though.." Throughout the years since I started Maple Story, Im starting to believe this is what they think. Recently, there was a 4th of July event in Maple Story, with hats and equips for all Maplers....

but did they even mention Canada day? Nope. Not a word.

The first year it happened, I thought, okay, Maple Story is fairly new, they just havent gotten around to it yet. But now, with nexon cards being sold throughout Canada, you would think that they would at least mention Canada Day...

It's all the more surprising because Canada's national symbol is a Maple Leaf, which also happens to be the symbol of Maple Story. Would it be so hard to change the colours to Red and white of a maple Bandana, and say happy canada day on the announcement board?

What do you think?

Comments

• yirenyiren Member Posts: 8

ok...

first... lag.. beacuse ur computer is bad... internet connection is bad... and u can try to change the graphic... and did u even change channel??? i always play and never foud a very big lag problem like urs... even in the free market... and im guessing u r a noob...

well u does seems right... and remind u north america is US and Canada

now... they dont metion Canada Day... idk... maybe its really close??? Independence Day is july 7is it??? and Canada day is 1st... really close...

BTW... nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• luckypotatoluckypotato Member Posts: 251

Lol Dude

1. I was getting 200-300 fps Average in the game

2. i quit after playing it for 10 hours...its booring, graphics are terrible, is hackable, and music stinks, i dont get why anybody would play this game

even runescape is better imo..thats..sad

• Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by luckypotato

Lol Dude
    1. I was getting 200-300 fps Average in the game
    2. i quit after playing it for 10 hours...its booring, graphics are terrible, is hackable, and music stinks, i dont get why anybody would play this game
    even runescape is better imo..thats..sad

RuneScapes better then a lot of games..Would you rather have a browser MMO with skills, or some cheap button punching, potion burning Asian MMO? Look around the MMO market and youll think its better then a lot of online games..

But back to the topic. Crowded? Do you relize that their are different servers? I play on the Khaini Server and theirs a good ammount of people, but youll have many maps with no players at all. And I have DSL which is pretty slow, and dont get a lot of lag at all out of this game..

• Silas26Silas26 Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by yiren

ok...
    first... lag.. beacuse ur computer is bad... internet connection is bad... and u can try to change the graphic... and did u even change channel??? i always play and never foud a very big lag problem like urs... even in the free market... and im guessing u r a noob...
    well u does seems right... and remind u north america is US and Canada
    now... they dont metion Canada Day... idk... maybe its really close??? Independence Day is july 7is it??? and Canada day is 1st... really close...
    BTW... nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I don't lag an inch in any area of the game, except Orbis ( not in any PQ, Ludi, victoria, strickly Orbis ). I got an half empty computer ( space-wize ) with great processor. Lagfest ftw, can't farm nephendeath for shit in there. Also I live in Canada, so no issues with that.

• xTalenTxTalenT Member Posts: 29

your computer obv cant handle it. Get out of scania

• LaserB3AMLaserB3AM Member Posts: 2

I play on nova and never experience lag, Ch 1 has pretty much the perfect amount of players and active guilds, i see no reason to evacuate to the less populated servers, or the overpopulated ones.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

It's called maple story because maple syrup is viscous and moves slow, like your internet.