Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmorpg with a necromancer class

saibat3saibat3 Member Posts: 5

can anyone please list me online games with a necromancer class in them ?

The dark shadow has spoken

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Everquest has them

World of Warcraft has warlocks, which are almost the same thing

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

The 2 best for necros are EQ2 and EQ1.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• JohnMonnJohnMonn Member Posts: 10

Guild Wars has necromancers.  Atleast when i played it did.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by saibat3

Best Necromancer class that comes to mind is in Everquest 2

But others has em too:

• Lineage 2
    • Vanguard
    • AoC
    • Everquest
    • City of Villians
    • Probably some other asian mmos

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Dark Age of Camelot has a necromancer class on the Albion realm.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• demonslyerdemonslyer Member Posts: 84

Ultima online Samuria Empire has one

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by saibat3

In terms of games with the most fun necro class, I'd say it would be a toss-up between Diablo 2 and Guild Wars.  Neither is a MMORPG by the definition used here, though.  If you want something MMO'ish, I wouldn't recommend Warlocks in WoW.  They don't really deal with the dead much at all, so no raising an army of skeletons or anything like that.  Their shtick is more demons.  In fact, the DK class which is going to be released with WotLK is probably closer to your usual necromancer archetype.  You've got some spells to manipulate the dead and raise minions, but it's more of a melee caster overall.

• If you want to get retro, Dark Age of Camelot has a number of classes that could qualify, and people do still play the game. There's the Cabalist, who animates stone and deals with life force stealing. The necromancer, who summons an undead pet and casts all spells through it (and becomes an invulnerable ghost incapable of interacting by anything other than their pet when the pet is summoned). There's a Midgard class that summons spirits, and another that summons a skeleton pet who summons other pets.

I've never played Guild Wars, what's the necromancer like in there?

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Sawtooth

If you want to get retro, Dark Age of Camelot has a number of classes that could qualify, and people do still play the game. There's the Cabalist, who animates stone and deals with life force stealing. The necromancer, who summons an undead pet and casts all spells through it (and becomes an invulnerable ghost incapable of interacting by anything other than their pet when the pet is summoned). There's a Midgard class that summons spirits, and another that summons a skeleton pet who summons other pets.

I've never played Guild Wars, what's the necromancer like in there?

It's actually pretty cool.  GW has some great classes.  Takes a bit more brains to build one since, by default, your base build has no spells or points in any skills.  Of course, there are always the cookie cutter builds that work fairly well, but everybody will add their own small twists out of personal preference.

Only deal with Guild Wars is that its PvE content is highly linear, and it won't stand up to the consumption rate of a super hardcore player.  If you're casual or don't mind going a little slow, it has a good amount of content, though, especially if you have the xpacs.  Still, at its heart, GW is an Arena PvP game.

• SareSare Member Posts: 104

red stone has them, and I bet barely anyone plays it so you can zoom up the rank quickly.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by JohnMonn
    Guild Wars has necromancers.  Atleast when i played it did.

And still has.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

Why is this in off topic?

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

The Warlock in WOW can play like a Necro with the talent tree setup for it and it's probably the most fun I had with a magic/pet class cause I found the necro class in EQ2 to be very bland.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

You could try MMORPG.com all you need is a Avatar picture of a necromancer then you just need to find some 3 year old dead topics and reserect them

Seriously tho i hear WoW has a Necro class as does Everquest 2.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• BluepwnerBluepwner Member Posts: 1

World of warcraft warlock is nothing like a necromancer class,The warlock can summon demon's that fight along side him as he dose alot of magic skill's and can only have one pet out at a time/the death knight has a ghoul that can rise with a cooldown or tho talent's make it a allways out pet but the pet add's lil to the class and the death knight is just a beefy melle class.. im also looking for a game with a summoner/necromancer class which seem's to be vary underrated in the gaming industry

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Congrats on rezzing a near three year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.