Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comic about Darkfall fans (not directly)

QarkQark Member Posts: 234

This was posted on Darkfall main forum, funny :D

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/080722.jpg

-------------------->
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Comments

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

HAHAHAHAHA ROFL sooooo true lol

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

I found one about the vaportrolls (not directly)

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

Hopefully I’ve not also risen confirmation bias to an art form whilst indulging in my recent “conspiracy theories“, but time will tell i.e. under 5 months time.

But much more importantly, hopefully Tasos will not be revealed to be Mr. Potatoe head by the end of the year because otherwise there’s going to be an awful lot of sad and disgruntled pea brains on the official forum.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

i think that Darkfall idea and concept sounds soo good that it will never loose fanbase...even if he dont release video this month, even if he doesnt releae game this or next year.

Darkfall forums have 200 - 300 visitors in allmost every given moment...not even AOC have that much visitors haha

mmorpg.com have that much visitors sometimes...

i must say im impressed...alltho it confuses me what all those people do..i posted several posts etc but beating dead horse over and over...no new info to analise haha

-------------------->

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

Flipping the bird to the small number of fans of quality products to serve the masses instead? It's not uncommon in game production these days or any other form of entertainment... I just hope Aventurine don't turn up to be like that.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • VansinneVansinne Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Polarization

Hopefully I’ve not also risen confirmation bias to an art form whilst indulging in my recent “conspiracy theories“, but time will tell i.e. under 5 months time.
    But much more importantly, hopefully Tasos will not be revealed to be Mr. Potatoe head by the end of the year because otherwise there’s going to be an awful lot of sad and disgruntled pea brains on the official forum.

You take this way to serious. Not even in a thread like this you can stay away from your negative seriousness.

Chill..

• erawropaverawropav Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Qark

Darkfall forums have 200 - 300 visitors in allmost every given moment...not even AOC have that much visitors haha
    i must say im impressed...alltho it confuses me what all those people do..i posted several posts etc but beating dead horse over and over...no new info to analise haha

First of all Darkfall official boards don't have anymore than around 200 people browsing on average. That is NOT alot of people for a mmorpg. It's a very small amount.

I am sure if AoC showed how many people are on their forums there would be at least 1,000+ at all times.

Dark and Light had 1,000 people browsing its forums when it was in development.

Darkfall has a very small following based on how many people are on its forums.

It took them 7 full years to get the number of people registered there. And it's only 50,000 after 7 years.

Dark and Light had 300,000+ registered.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

aha

i tought those numbers are big for something that is under development for so long....and with all vaporware theories etc

ATM they have 300...not bad anyway

-------------------->

• erawropaverawropav Member Posts: 32

Oh and by the way - After Dark and Light finally revealed itself to the world their 1,000 people browsing dropped to about 5 people browsing over night.

That's whats going to happen with Darkfall.

Darkfall is only living off of promises and hope. Nothing more.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

That comic (VG Cats is shit btw) was about nintendo.

• roguetechroguetech Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Xris375

I found one about the vaportrolls (not directly)

This is more appropriate for fanbois, since the theory that Darkfall will release this year is a rather outlandish theory.

• XxeonXxeon Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by erawropav

Oh and by the way - After Dark and Light finally revealed itself to the world their 1,000 people browsing dropped to about 5 people browsing over night.

and you know this how?

• hakubylickshakubylicks Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Xxeon

and you know this how?

Common sense given all the facts or lackthereof..  and the fact that Darkfalls development is so similar to Dark and Light's in so many ways..

Originally posted by hakubylicks

and you know this how?

Common sense given all the facts or lackthereof..  and the fact that Darkfalls development is so similar to Dark and Light's in so many ways..

wow nothign new would ever come out if that really meant anything..

you could be right but..really i wouldnt go that far as of yet...

here 2 diffrences dark and light had stolen engine and had apublisher

• VansinneVansinne Member Posts: 212

and you know this how?

Please give us many similarities between those two!

oh, and I think the activity at DnLs forum raised due to the release. Angry post tho.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

and you know this how?

wow nothign new would ever come out if that really meant anything..

you could be right but..really i wouldnt go that far as of yet...

here 2 diffrences dark and light had stolen engine and had apublisher

Actually it does it shows the game is progressing and feeds the Fanboi Hype. Unfortunatly because information about the game rarly comes out most critics take this as possable evidence that the game is either......

Hiding something.

Is going to be delayed again

or

Is a big scam [unlikely].

It wouldnt hurt for some more concrete information to come out of the studio from time to time. And it would silence a lot of the critics.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

I think they just dont watn to show us an unfinished product . but im waiting on this vid

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

At least some critics want to be silenced.  True in my case, anyhow.  See, I actually listened to these devs, and that is exactly where the problems started.  They are the ones that have said they wanted public beta testers.  They are the ones who have repeatedly said beta is just about ready all these years, and within the past year, said they are both technically ready and feature complete.  They are the ones who said they wanted the game to do the talking for them.

I just want them to walk their talk.  Nothing wrong with that, right?

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

That comic is about how video games are starting to sell out their original fans for more money. Like how everything is becoming easier and geared for the most people possible. Hmm kind of like MMOs after WoW <cough cough>.

You guy scan deny all the evidence you want. You tend to see what you want to see. You ignore the fact that people have been to the studio and claim the game is feature complete, because you don't want to believe it.

Now, the game may not turn out the way they're saying it is, but to me that seems unlikely based on the article from Womens Gamers, and summaries by both Asp and Yellowbeard. Womens Gamers thought the game would never release in 2006 because the people running it were perfectionists and would never release a game before it was as best as it could be. Well, I guess that's now. That's why its taken so long.

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535
    Originally posted by SignusM

You guy scan deny all the evidence you want. You tend to see what you want to see. You ignore the fact that people have been to the studio and claim the game is feature complete, because you don't want to believe it.
    Uhh...WE see what we want to see? 
    No one that has seen the game can verify it is feature complete from a few hours of playing around.  As far as I know, they did not even try to make that claim.  If they had, I would have jumped all over it.  :P
    Now, the game may not turn out the way they're saying it is, but to me that seems unlikely based on the article from Womens Gamers, and summaries by both Asp and Yellowbeard. Womens Gamers thought the game would never release in 2006 because the people running it were perfectionists and would never release a game before it was as best as it could be. Well, I guess that's now. That's why its taken so long.
    Their first impression of the devs as being perfectionists is interesting, but hardly proof of anything.  And lets get honest - if the devs were perfectionists and wanted the game to be the best it could be, there would be no announced release date until after stress tests and playtesting had been completed or at least well underway.  Hell, the devs just saw the game up in its entirety some weeks ago!   See the June 20th update from Tasos.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

First of all Darkfall official boards don't have anymore than around 200 people browsing on average. That is NOT alot of people for a mmorpg. It's a very small amount.

I am sure if AoC showed how many people are on their forums there would be at least 1,000+ at all times.

It took them 7 full years to get the number of people registered there. And it's only 50,000 after 7 years.

So whats your point?

Your a fanboi of DnL that failed miserable  keep supporting a dead game:P

And AoC is not far from a dead game also:p

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Still waiting for this video, course if one doesnt show, I may just have to come to each and every fanbois house and feed them something different for a change. Misguided hope as a main course each and every day isnt very nutritional. From what Ive seen, it might kill braincells too.

• SilvarchSilvarch Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Evasia

So whats your point?

Actually yes it is. You're just part of a vocal minority, the game isn't going away any time soon despite of whatever you may feel about it and I'd wager that it will peak higher and consistently have more subs than DF if/when released.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by Silvarch

Originally posted by Evasia

So whats your point?

Actually yes it is. You're just part of a vocal minority, the game isn't going away any time soon despite of whatever you may feel about it and I'd wager that it will peak higher and consistently have more subs than DF if/when released.

But....But....Tasos said....

I mean cmon if you cant trust a guy who lies about his credentials, who can you trust?