Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Moved to D&L Thread.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335
    Great post! This is probably the best assortment of DnL screenshots I've seen yet.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

I'd pay to beta test this game, seriously.image

You could play as an indian or human

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Such a preety game, such a need to play it RIGHT NOW

::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::::::02::

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• AcaeusAcaeus Member Posts: 193

Are these in-game screeshots ?

They are incredible !

Also reading about it, DnL seems to have the most potential of the upcoming MMORPGs, so innovative.

Since EQ2 and WoW have all the visibility, DnL was pretty much a surprise to me.

• ZelphZelph Member Posts: 115
    And some people actually think that the graphics in this game are bland.... I wonder if they really have even seen them or if they have only seen the screenies from 2002 (which are still argueably better than other games coming out, but are nonetheless not the best looking). This game has so much going for it, even without the top-notch graphics, it's unbelieveable! image

• ZairyonZairyon Member Posts: 12

Agreed Zelph, seems like there are a lot of people ready to downgrade another, rather unknown title just to boost their feeling of picking the right game to play. ::::07::

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294

There just isn't any other game out or in the making I know of that can show such amazing graphics. The world is unparallelled by anything.

*Dreams of a beta spot* (But that is what they are - Dreams)

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

Personally, I wouldn't go crazy on the graphics, might get disappointed. Those graphics are the best graphics you are gonna get in-game, which is probably only playable on the best gaming rig to date.

We have yet to see the in-game graphics taken with a mid-low range video card.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Speaking of thte graphics, what's with devs going absolutely apeshit with the bump mapping these days? While these shots aren't as bad as some of the EQ2 ones, it's still stands out in some of them.

I don't mind some of it, mind you. Like rocks, wood, etc. Natural substances. But EQ2 has everything bump mapped, and it's visually irritating. Especially the armor. I just hope they don't get too carried away with it in DnL.

And please make the dragons not look like retarded flying dinosaurs.

Xzaro, it has been said that the graphics on he pics can be attained by the minimum system requirements. Whether this applies to other exclusives off-site as well, I have no clue.

• NosferuNosferu Member Posts: 6

THanks for the Great pictures!

And yes, I would also pay in full just to partake in the beta test.

• NosferuNosferu Member Posts: 6

The SOF ingame trailer was very good, but the other video links are not working (seem as the SOF site is out of credit with their hosting company :-)

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043
    Very nice, some ofthe best 'realisitc' enviroments ive seen, and easily the best water ive seen in a game to date. Arguably though, my favorite enviroments were in UXO, easily among the best ive ever seen.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

If your going to put your grafix on max then your gonna get alot of lag if you have alot of people in 1 area

or pvping when i played lineage 2 i would constantly have to run down the grafix and turn off the sound

when i would go to castle seiges and going to busy towns.

On the side im gonna make a poll i personaly think that the armor in this game dosent look too cool like lineage

2 and other onliine games ive played maybe they look too realistic ?

I won't give my opinion on the armours yet, have just seen... what two, three or four armour types, and all the beta chars are humans until all other races get finished. They have been called plain, but as of yet I haven't decided either if I want everyone look like they've put all their money to get an armour like worn by generals and kings. You're right though, that they are kind of more realistic. I trust the better, player crafted armours will be more diverse in looks.

For the graphic load, I don't recall stress testers in WoW really complaining about it, and DnL uses newer and more powerful server technology (BigWorld), even if it has everything in one server. Will have to wait for the later stress tests to see how it really pans out. This isn't WoW, Lineage 2 nor EQ2 after all... ::::39::
    Ever the optimist

• eXsiteeXsite Member Posts: 11
    Character and armor modules aren't fully done. And the SoF  video was created in March 04 so I'm sure the game has since improved.

• FeydFeyd Member Posts: 25

I'll admit they do look great ,but I have a Friend who got into Beta about a week ago ..Hes using a P4 3.2 g,2GB Ram & an X800pro 256mb. He says this game brings his system to its knees with barely anything on screen & in fairly low res ....Got so frustrating for him he quit playing.I'm hoping to try out his acct on my sys soon ..So i'll let you know ..But i'm a liitle below his specs so I'm not expecting much

• MatthiasaMatthiasa Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Feyd
    I'll admit they do look great ,but I have a Friend who got into Beta about a week ago ..Hes using a P4 3.2 g,2GB Ram & an X800pro 256mb. He says this game brings his system to its knees with barely anything on screen & in fairly low res ....Got so frustrating for him he quit playing.I'm hoping to try out his acct on my sys soon ..So i'll let you know ..But i'm a liitle below his specs so I'm not expecting much

Only one problem with that... there was NO beta wave or invites about a week ago....

• FeydFeyd Member Posts: 25

Actually He got accepted quite a While ago ,& just decided to try it out the end of last week after recieving an E-mail with pages of Usernames etc for Beta by mistake ..Corrected the following Day

Believe me or not ,I don't really care ..just passing on what he said ..I'll see for myself,as I expect anyone would

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335

I'll see for myself,as I expect anyone would

Can't fault that.

Originally posted by Feyd

I will kiss your ass if what your friend says is true.

• LumianaLumiana Member Posts: 8
    Just can't wait to play this! Too bad the rumor says there will be no open betaimage

• Vingador_brVingador_br Member Posts: 9

If you read all the interviews you can notice that the devs already knows about this problem, the game at the moment is not optimized to FRAMES,  they are working on everything that is important and they want us to play in April 2005. The Graphics can be fixed quickly.

imageAND THERE WILL BE AN OPEN BETA.image