Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Digital Distribution

Keeper2000Keeper2000 NYC, NYPosts: 647Member

Answering the thread about how many subs/boxes will Aventurine sell on release, I released that I dont have a clue if they said anything about digital distributing their game.

As I am not in the first world, it's way much cheaper for me to buy digital stuff than ordering the box.

Did Aventurine say anything about Digital Distributing DF?  Thanks in advance for the info.

Comments

• QarkQark zagrebPosts: 234Member

they didnt say anything (suprise suprise!!!)

i hope they will make it downloadable...i have allready too much "boxes" that needs dusting once a month

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• erawropaverawropav Boston, MAPosts: 32Member

No they haven't said anything about digital distribution. Isn't it funny?

all they would have to do is throw the thing up on Direct2Drive.com and be done with it... but yet.. for some... unknown reason.... they don't.

OR

They just CAN"T.  Because of it's quality or lackthereof.

• Xris375Xris375 xxxPosts: 1,005Member

You'll probably have the oppertunity to do both. That said, I presume you will try before you buy, right ? I would.

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• XxeonXxeon fgf, IAPosts: 559Member

actully they have said both options will be availble

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Marietta, GAPosts: 2,136Member

Steam, Impulse (which is my personal favorite), GamersGate

If they were half smart and went multiplatform they could've used Greenhouse.

Hell, even Amazon.com has it's own Digital Distro system.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• IsaneIsane EnglandPosts: 2,629Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by erawropav

No they haven't said anything about digital distribution. Isn't it funny?
    all they would have to do is throw the thing up on Direct2Drive.com and be done with it... but yet.. for some... unknown reason.... they don't.
    OR
    They just CAN"T.  Because of it's quality or lackthereof.

Actually they have , if you could be bothered to do any investigation... It has been discused in conjunction with distribution partners and methods for delivering the game by Tasos.

• VansinneVansinne LinköpingPosts: 212Member

Guess I'm the only one who want the box? Or is everyone so negative just because it's Aventurine?

• XxeonXxeon fgf, IAPosts: 559Member
    Originally posted by Vansinne

Guess I'm the only one who want the box? Or is everyone so negative just because it's Aventurine?

ill buy a box but after i get to play it XD