Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

closing in on 3 weeks

Comments

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

Originally posted by Theodgrim

we’ll be using actual Darkfall gameplay footage like we always do. - Tasos, May 23

CORRECTION: "Like they've NEVER done."

They have yet to use any actual gameplay footage.

I know, I know. I've seen the little clips inside of larger videos of what looks to be behind an avatar with the screen flashing red and all. I don't buy that was actual in game footage taken from a players perspective for one second though. No health bar? NO UI at all? Bullshit. They have NEVER used any actual gameplay footage that I have seen, and I'm pretty sure I've seen all their BS videos.

- Zaxx

We will just have to disagree on this issue.  I think we have seen what passes for in-game footage.  It didnt show nearly enough to satisfy me either, but I do think it was a primitive version of the game.

• Trogg13Trogg13 Member Posts: 61

If they show actual in game footage with a UI and all

Seriously why do people keep posting this? The UI is clearly visible on the 2005 alpha video (it's even a cam of someone playing it...). the UI is clearly visible on the 2006 game play video.

it's a minimal UI people, wake up...

you want to see bags of stuff (god knows why...)? ok it's here.

duh.

oh and all 6 darkfall videos are in-game footage.

No health bar? NO UI at all? Bullshit.

Maybe you should try watching the videos... 

I can't understand why u come here when you just keep embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge of the game. Try watching all 6 videos and tell us again there's no UI.

so sad...

otherwise, please share with us your theory that all 6 videos and 600+ screenshots are all faked because i need a good laugh.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

game have this new "UI" where player can just drag it as he wish making it custom...so you wont need mods like in wow and aoc

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• hakubylickshakubylicks Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Trogg13

No health bar? NO UI at all? Bullshit.

Maybe you should try watching the videos... 

Why do i need to watch videos from 6 years ago in order to see a GUI from a game that is launching in 4 months?

Not to mention the fact that GUI from those old vids is nothing more than a Chat window and a side bar..  and all blurry for that matter..

I agree, it's high time they started putting out more videos/screenshots. Or maybe the August one will be so amazing it'll be enough, who knows. Point is though, pretty much everything they said they would show, they have shown, or are showing soon.

• XxeonXxeon Member Posts: 559

I agree, it's high time they started putting out more videos/screenshots. Or maybe the August one will be so amazing it'll be enough, who knows. Point is though, pretty much everything they said they would show, they have shown, or are showing soon.

qft

• SilvarchSilvarch Member Posts: 233

I fail to understand why people think that making a game and making a decent video are mutually exclusive to the point where they have to significantly sacrifice one for the other. It's not a movie, they don't have to collect hours of footage to then edit it together into a cohesive mesh, not if the game is feature complete and working smoothly anyway.

Case in point, this video:

www.youtube.com/watch

Showcases a lot of the features of the game and consequently proves there's at least something to play, and the game wasn't even feature complete back then. Total preparation time for a video like this? About the time it takes to fetch a camera and go to a computer with the game installed, which I'd assume there are many of at the Aventurine offices. The footage is gameplay from the game they were already making and testing anyway, so that was there regardless of a video and needed no preparation. No need to touch up or edit or use special effect transitions or be extremely selective on the footage used, not if they're confident in their game and its quality 4 months (at most) before launch.

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551
    Originally posted by Xxeon

qft

First off, Xxeon needs to get his account suspended for terrible grammar and no sentence structure. Seriously it makes me die a little more inside everytime I have to read what he says.

Anyways, its not that we disagree as much as them not showing things they said they'd show, its we are asking for more and they haven't done it for YEARS. And that questions us to wonder why can't they make a video in a couple months time? People are saying you want them to work on the game, not a stupid video? You will just buy this game blindly without real indication of what they have to offer? Well you go ahead, but I want a solid video with some recent and extensive in game footage. Having ONE guy take the day off to work on a video will not hurt your game, go over yourself.

• jy88902jy88902 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Cereo

Originally posted by Xxeon

qft

First off, Xxeon needs to get his account suspended for terrible grammar and no sentence structure. Seriously it makes me die a little more inside everytime I have to read what he says.

Anyways, its not that we disagree as much as them not showing things they said they'd show, its we are asking for more and they haven't done it for YEARS. And that questions us to wonder why can't they make a video in a couple months time? People are saying you want them to work on the game, not a stupid video? You will just buy this game blindly without real indication of what they have to offer? Well you go ahead, but I want a solid video with some recent and extensive in game footage. Having ONE guy take the day off to work on a video will not hurt your game, go over yourself.

What in the past several years have they done to make you think that they have ANY CLUE AT ALL what proper customer relations and marketing is about?

*pets the naysayer*

Really no need to do all insults im seeing here trough forum because it for sure kills mmorpg creditability.

My gramma is allso bad, english is not my first language so excuse me for making mistakes.

Alltho i would really like to see Darkfall released i dont understand developers.

Firstly, darkfall isnt only game that was in development for long. Fallen Earth, Tabula Rasa...bouth of them were (are) in loong development...but you got alot of materials (not screen shots but actual gameplay)

Fallen Earth is lately on my mind because it will hit beta in few months and soon release (i hope), by that time you have about 30 minutes of actual gameplay shown on youtube, + several diferent clips showing game mechanics and models....while from Darkfall you have 3x10 second clip

Darkfall developers should learn to comunicate with fanbase!!!!

-------------------->

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

I just wait for all the excuses all the fans here will make for them when August passes and September is here, and no video ever is released.
    The excuses from the fanbois is a definite. The promised video is unlikely based simply on their past broken promises.

- Zaxx

Whats your point nobody force you to follow darkfall so why you wait what fanbois have to say on the matter ?

Obviously you are not intrested in darkfall, seem to me you better waste your energy on games you like then be negative on darkfall forums?

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by Qark

Really no need to do all insults im seeing here trough forum because it for sure kills mmorpg creditability.
    My gramma is allso bad, english is not my first language so excuse me for making mistakes.

Alltho i would really like to see Darkfall released i dont understand developers.

Firstly, darkfall isnt only game that was in development for long. Fallen Earth, Tabula Rasa...bouth of them were (are) in loong development...but you got alot of materials (not screen shots but actual gameplay)

Fallen Earth is lately on my mind because it will hit beta in few months and soon release (i hope), by that time you have about 30 minutes of actual gameplay shown on youtube, + several diferent clips showing game mechanics and models....while from Darkfall you have 3x10 second clip

When some can't win arguement they try win it by attacking someones bad grammer, its weak but thats how it always is they dont understand not all master english language.

And for darkfall why they dont release much well read up the dev talks and Q&A on darkfall forums or warcry, they dont hype there games and they release darkfall when its done when its done, just have to wait and see how it will end.

If darkfall is good it will attrack many players even when it not have been big on advertising there game.

But we must thank all the vaporware and haters trolls for free advertisment darkfall, now darkfall is very well known in mmo community.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

i can do grammer.. I just dont care

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197

Just a small point.. If they HAD a full game, with UI, a working world and functional characters.... they could release a video tomorrow. Easilly.. August 1st, without a problem. The only reason it can take any time at all, is that they have to create the little sandbox imitating a game first, before they can record the movie they have promised. Several weeks...? Then we are talking about actually building the models they want in the movie, having their little modeller crating the stuff you want to see...

Now.. this is logic...

Fanboism is: "It takes so long... months.. years even!!! to show two minutes of footage of the game they say is almost complete because... because... the developers dont know how to use camera angles... Yeeeaaaaahh..."

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

Originally posted by Kasimir

Just a small point.. If they HAD a full game, with UI, a working world and functional characters.... they could release a video tomorrow. Easilly.. August 1st, without a problem. The only reason it can take any time at all, is that they have to create the little sandbox imitating a game first, before they can record the movie they have promised. Several weeks...? Then we are talking about actually building the models they want in the movie, having their little modeller crating the stuff you want to see...
    Now.. this is logic...
    Fanboism is: "It takes so long... months.. years even!!! to show two minutes of footage of the game they say is almost complete because... because... the developers dont know how to use camera angles... Yeeeaaaaahh..."

they could but i bet no company does.

it also depends how much they want to show.

i really doubt they auto warp to where ever and be able to do everything instanly.

they shown ui and everything i guess we will find out when this vid comes.

never see a fanboy say anything like that.

i dont make excusses for them because i dont have too.

you guys over think so much its going to hurt you guys in the end

• erawropaverawropav Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Silvarch

I fail to understand why people think that making a game and making a decent video are mutually exclusive to the point where they have to significantly sacrifice one for the other. It's not a movie, they don't have to collect hours of footage to then edit it together into a cohesive mesh, not if the game is feature complete and working smoothly anyway.
    www.youtube.com/watch
    Showcases a lot of the features of the game and consequently proves there's at least something to play, and the game wasn't even feature complete back then. Total preparation time for a video like this? About the time it takes to fetch a camera and go to a computer with the game installed, which I'd assume there are many of at the Aventurine offices. The footage is gameplay from the game they were already making and testing anyway, so that was there regardless of a video and needed no preparation. No need to touch up or edit or use special effect transitions or be extremely selective on the footage used, not if they're confident in their game and its quality 4 months (at most) before launch.

this just shows how pathetic Darkfall truly is

Originally posted by erawropav

www.youtube.com/watch

this just shows how pathetic Darkfall truly is

if you say so..

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551
    Originally posted by Evasia

When some can't win arguement they try win it by attacking someones bad grammer, its weak but thats how it always is they dont understand not all master english language.

And for darkfall why they dont release much well read up the dev talks and Q&A on darkfall forums or warcry, they dont hype there games and they release darkfall when its done when its done, just have to wait and see how it will end.

If darkfall is good it will attrack many players even when it not have been big on advertising there game.

But we must thank all the vaporware and haters trolls for free advertisment darkfall, now darkfall is very well known in mmo community.

I didn't use grammar as an argument at all, you didn't read anything. I mentioned it because he spits out around 400 posts in a few weeks by saying a few word answers, no spell check, no capitalization, nothing. 95% of the time there isn’t even an argument. I’m perfectly willing to understand English as a second language, as I went to Germany with only fragments of German in my vocabulary. But capitalizing a sentence and checking your post to see things similar to “ithink taoss giv it to uss” is far from trying to respect the general rules of making a post.

You also mention “they dont hype there games and they release darkfall when its done”. Um, they don’t hype their games because they have never made one. But that is still totally wrong also. Our dear friend Tasos has hyped this game for many years. It has been hyped a lot, that is why people are angry. As for the second gem in this sentence, that is more reason why people are angry. They have said it will be done in a few weeks/months numerous times over the years.

Finally, you need to understand. We don’t want this game to fail, no one wants that. We just don’t believe it will succeed anymore, though we really hope it does. We’re just trying to help you come down to our level otherwise you’ll be left disappointed and angry like we have in the past.

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

you would all like to see it fail...heh
    O.K. i guess im fair kind of person who will give them this time during whole month to release promised clip.
    Month is still at its start, so they still have time to release in start of month :p depending how far into month you think start is...

Why?  They have made some hundreds of promises since their inception and have managed to keep / deliver on only a small portion of those.  How many times should one be let down before they give up.

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

www.youtube.com/watch

qft

Ah, but I cant help myself.  I have to actually add something to the discussion, sorry.  I think Silvarch makes a great point, and one that carries over to other aspects as well.  I speak of the false choice scenerio that is so often presented here.  As if there are ONLY two possible choices that are mutually exclusive.  "You want the video or the game".  "You want the game on time or bug free". etc...

hope never fails!

If someone is in Athena please go visit developers and do few photos of game :D

i cant go over fact that they dont wana show more ingame clips (longer than 10 seconds) showing AI, random spot and gameplay...for that you need 1 minute...no mather do you need to teleport from one location to another or whatever...

I hope im wrong.

-------------------->

• erawropaverawropav Member Posts: 32

Finally, you need to understand. We don’t want this game to fail, no one wants that.

It's already failed a long time ago.

But I hope it "publically"  fails soon so i don't have to hear about it anymore or the stupid fanboys running around proclaiming how hreat it is.

Originally posted by erawropav

Finally, you need to understand. We don’t want this game to fail, no one wants that.

It's already failed a long time ago.

But I hope it "publically"  fails soon so i don't have to hear about it anymore or the stupid fanboys running around proclaiming how hreat it is.

why are you hear then?