Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60% of the official community polled think Darkfall will have over 150,000 subscribers, 40% think ov

Comments

• XxeonXxeon Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by erawropav

Originally posted by Xxeon

i can see 50-250k  depending

I bet someone said that about Shadowbane and Dark and Light too.

In fact I can almost gurantee they did.

It's going to be funny as hell to see all these tools who are waiting for this overhyped turd to launch get slapped in the face with reality and find out what they've been playing in their heads the last 7 years is not there

to bad i didnt i now them games were going to be fail. your making a fool out of your self i would back off before you get laughed off these forums in a few months

• link35link35 Member Posts: 133

Why do some people just flat out want games to fail?  Honestly the trolls on this forum are just the worse and are honestly retarded.  If Darkfall releases with all it promises or even with half of what it promises(not saying that it will) it will be an extremely successful game.  Whether it will reach 750k or not it will easily reach 150k and will not be stuck at 10k like some people are saying.  I understand that sandbox mmos and hardcore pvp mmos are a niche market but currently that market is increasing out of boredom from the current games out there and imho any sandbox mmo that comes out will do very well right now if it manages to remain stable after launch.  Again, I am not sure if Darkfall will release or not but if it does it is much more likely for it to reach 100k than for it to stay at 10k.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Agree.

Whats wrong with some optimistic people? We sure have enough of the opposite in the world. Let a few long for a MMO. There is bigger things to care about.

Uwe Boll for example!

• Cotillion99Cotillion99 Member UncommonPosts: 251

They hate on Darkfall because Darkfall already crushed their hopes and dreams years ago.  They want to play it but they can't hope for it because they are afraid of being let down again.   I personally would love to play the game, but won't get my hopes up until some actual solid info comes out.

• VansinneVansinne Member Posts: 212

My guess: 25-75.000 subs first months.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

As someone on that forum say: "If it have no much bugs and is smooth playable it will get more subs than EVE soon or later". Thats just EvE like game in fantasy world and if you add that 80% of MMO players prefer fantasy genre for shure sandbox fantasy MMO can get more subs than EVE.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
    Originally posted by Cotillion99

They hate on Darkfall because Darkfall already crushed their hopes and dreams years ago.  They want to play it but they can't hope for it because they are afraid of being let down again.   I personally would love to play the game, but won't get my hopes up until some actual solid info comes out.

true but why dont they just leave the fans alone then?

its just twisted man

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

And everyone thinks it will never come out.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

thank you for linking my poll :D

Anyway i belive if we see day that Darkfall get released number of players would be somewhere arround 250 000.

Since its too hardcore game for carebears i think it wont hurt major population of WoW/AOC/WAR players but it will fill in gap for people who want something more hardcore.

numbers in poll doesnt mean anything because some of visitors of that forum arent fans they are fanatics.

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by hakubylicks

Originally posted by Isane

With the features defined here the game will easily acheive 150k to 250k if it releases

Therein lyes the problem.

It WON"T have those features.

Just a well coded/designed  game most features are not new. All they have to do is remove the stock standard lame MMO features that currently take the game out of game and they will have a winner.

Lets see Skill Based/ Alignment a bit of faction and a world so large if you don't want to PvP you can just wander. All have been seen before so it's down to the coding and they have designed as they see it to release in a framework that can support the features.

It has always been the concept that interests me ... I currently find that MUDs are more fun than the current crop of MMO so some of us can give or take the genre in it's current state. (Some can't and tend to be twisted Haters but each to their own)

Challenging games exists elsewhere at the moment so they can take all the time they wan't to perfect their dream. And if they don't someone else will...

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by EndDream

If DF is feature complete.. and is everything they say.. I believe it will eventually max out at about 250,000. It is a niche game for sure.. but the niche is bigger than some may think

I think the niche is far less than some think..Just take a look at the other games that have tried the same setup - Shadowbane is pretty much dead , Archlord is pretty much dead , It almost killed UO ect..

Hardly anyone likes to see their hard work poof into thin air or be ganked continuously while trying to enjoy themselves.

If Darkfall took all the players from UO ( not likely since that is a PvE game now ) , Shadowbane and Archlord they still would not even be at 100k and maybe not even 50k.

Anywhere from 10-50k players would be believable but anything higher is just delusional thinking.

Originally posted by Trogg13

Originally posted by hakubylicks

Gurantee you 100% that Darkfall is no where even remotely near the quality Archlord is.

For once i agree with you, Darkfall is 100x better.

Have you played Darkfall or even seen it in action? No? Then such a claim holds no weight... Like how Dark & Light was going to be the best thing ever? I see the same things happening with Darkfall as I did with D&L.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

If DF is feature complete.. and is everything they say.. I believe it will eventually max out at about 250,000. It is a niche game for sure.. but the niche is bigger than some may think

I think the niche is far less than some think..Just take a look at the other games that have tried the same setup - Shadowbane is pretty much dead , Archlord is pretty much dead , It almost killed UO ect..

Hardly anyone likes to see their hard work poof into thin air or be ganked continuously while trying to enjoy themselves.

If Darkfall took all the players from UO ( not likely since that is a PvE game now ) , Shadowbane and Archlord they still would not even be at 100k and maybe not even 50k.

Anywhere from 10-50k players would be believable but anything higher is just delusional thinking.

Still not convinced taht people will be that easy to kill unless they are looking for a fight... That has to be seen and will only happen when beta comes or the game releases. The perceived hard work in current MMOs at the moment isn't hard !!! It is just a breeze.

eve you can lose laot more and it has 250k subs

lets see Uo is old

Shadowbane is just wtf

archlord WTh i heard that was pretty lame too

• SquidvsBearSquidvsBear Member Posts: 52

100% of people with brains think that Darkfall will fail.

lol completly hardcore there ubs in game safe town to a point.. 4 noobs cna defeat a persont hat been playing a long time.
    completly hardcore.

Its as hardcore as eve , except its will be more fair for newer players

Do you really believe that?

A veteran player would most likely have the optimal pvp build while the 4 noobs wouldnt have much or any abilities.. Then add the difference in gear quality and its an easy win for the Vet.

Kinda like how a veteran UO player could annihilate a group of new players..

Originally posted by SquidvsBear

100% of people with brains think that Darkfall will fail.

wow

lets see Uo is old

Shadowbane is just wtf

So all those games suck but Darkfall is going to be awesome? RIIIGHT

EVE is one of the worse games I have ever seen and the only reason people play is because its the only playable SCI FI game there is especially since Tabula Rasa blew chunks. Now compare the market place for SCI FI MMOs and Fantasy MMOs.. There are actually good games in the Fantasy department unlike the SCI FI area.

UO started killing itself during its prime and so the " its old " argument doesnt hold water. EA had to launch Trammel quickly or UO would have perished.

Shadowbane is pretty much what Darkfall wants to be and that isnt a good thing. SB has less than 10,000 players for a reason.

Archlord is a bad game but it also had " an awesome feature list ".

LOLOLOL...

I just read some of the official thread... LOLOLOL.. So many lies being thrown around like 1.5 million bought AoC ( 700k was the REAL number ) or how WoW fanboys are getting tired of WoW.. LOLOL.. With WotLK coming there is no reason for those that pay WoW to look for another game especially with what the expanion is offering. I guess thats why WoWs player base continues to grow.

I don't think I have ever seen so many delusional people all in one spot.

Makes me wonder if Tasos offered everyone rat poison but called it chocolate cubes how many people would go ahead and eat it....

Darkfall has no chance at all... Warhammer , WotLK , Mines of Moria.. ect...

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551

Vanguard promised a 1/3 of what Darkfall does, maybe even less, and it didn't have some of the features and it had bugs at launch and everyone jumped ship to leave it at around 25-50K. People keep saying "if it has half of what it promises it will be awesome". WRONG! If it is missing ONE thing it is supposed to and they don't tell you until you buy it, the game will burn to the ground. That is how Blizzard set the stage, sorry. If you want big numbers, you have to deliver what you promise and have tons of polish.

This game shows no sign of polish and its impossible it can deliver all it promises. Not to mention its targeting OLD features that people don't want anymore. That has been proven and its time to move on. To the naive "some people don't realize how big the market is for this niche stuff"... just because you and your old time friend from UO still feel this way doesn't mean you have any idea what the numbers are in the marketable pool of people that still want this. EQ and UO were great, but the people that played those games (me being one) have jobs now. We can't dedicate time like that anymore and we don't really want to get griefed anymore and lose all our work.

And you got one main stream of people left, the people that came on the WoW train. There are millions of them, but I doubt you could pull 1K of them away as they started with WoW and they don't accept any less polish and they hate anything complex or that makes you work hard.

lets see Uo is old

Shadowbane is just wtf

So all those games suck but Darkfall is going to be awesome? RIIIGHT

EVE is one of the worse games I have ever seen and the only reason people play is because its the only playable SCI FI game there is especially since Tabula Rasa blew chunks. Now compare the market place for SCI FI MMOs and Fantasy MMOs.. There are actually good games in the Fantasy department unlike the SCI FI area.

UO started killing itself during its prime and so the " its old " argument doesnt hold water. EA had to launch Trammel quickly or UO would have perished.

Shadowbane is pretty much what Darkfall wants to be and that isnt a good thing. SB has less than 10,000 players for a reason.

Archlord is a bad game but it also had " an awesome feature list ".

i dont know if darkfall is going to be awsome just have too see

Originally posted by Cereo

Vanguard promised a 1/3 of what Darkfall does, maybe even less, and it didn't have some of the features and it had bugs at launch and everyone jumped ship to leave it at around 25-50K. People keep saying "if it has half of what it promises it will be awesome". WRONG! If it is missing ONE thing it is supposed to and they don't tell you until you buy it, the game will burn to the ground. That is how Blizzard set the stage, sorry. If you want big numbers, you have to deliver what you promise and have tons of polish.
    This game shows no sign of polish and its impossible it can deliver all it promises. Not to mention its targeting OLD features that people don't want anymore. That has been proven and its time to move on. To the naive "some people don't realize how big the market is for this niche stuff"... just because you and your old time friend from UO still feel this way doesn't mean you have any idea what the numbers are in the marketable pool of people that still want this. EQ and UO were great, but the people that played those games (me being one) have jobs now. We can't dedicate time like that anymore and we don't really want to get griefed anymore and lose all our work.
    And you got one main stream of people left, the people that came on the WoW train. There are millions of them, but I doubt you could pull 1K of them away as they started with WoW and they don't accept any less polish and they hate anything complex or that makes you work hard.

yea they say its feature complete now and they told us whats not going to be in at release

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

lol lets see if the game comes out 1st!

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

Originally posted by Krayzjoel

lol lets see if the game comes out 1st!

everythign is pointing to it will be or at least goign into public testing.

Originally posted by Cereo

Have you even played WoW? By that comment alone it tells me that you havent but are just repeating the same lie that you heard some hater say. You do have to work pretty hard to get geared in the end game ( hard work in MMOs = time however ) but you are right about one thing.. WoW is the most polished MMO I have played.

WoW is a game that is easy to learn but hard to master and that is a big reason why they keep old players and continue to get new players.

This discussion has been closed.