Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GM cybers with a player.

Comments

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Posting in a epic thread.

This is the most freaking thing I have ever see, and I have see really freak things.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Obviously the person was mind controlling the GM. She (he? Lol) made the GM forget all professionalism. He obviously wanted to give Funcom a bad name and the poor, helpless GM was just a pawn to the evil mastermind. The GM could in no way, shape or form say "Goodbye, have a nice day." He in no way, shape, or form furthered the conversation even when he said "um WOw this is turning me on lol." Nope, the GM is totally innocent. Totally. 

Now that the sarcasm is out of my system, all you need to do is look at some of the more "descriptive" content near the end. The GM wasted his and other people's time by teleporting a single "girl" to him and undressing. At first, yes, the "girl" might have been trying to start something. But the GM could and should have stopped before it got too far, not CONTINUED the conversation! There is no way that the GM is innocent. If anything, both of them could be blamed, but the GM is representing a company. So that makes it a big no-no for him.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Umbral

JarredStone
    I cant belive you really think the GM is cybering, how naive can you be?
    The GM is just joking, nothing more, it is pretty clear he noticed the other person is joking and tried to be funny, just that.
    He is just joking and socialazing, nothing more, if you think this is sexual language, I think something must be wrong with you.
    arent this : [|GM|]: I'm wearing panties :]

[|GM|]:(joke)  clear to you?
    Ok Ok, Funcom is making a lot of mistakes, but really, lets give this GM a break...

That's a long freaking joke.  you'd think the GM would have better things to do.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Order66

Originally posted by Enigma

I can't believe some of you guys are actually defending the GM
    It doesn't matter about the game's mature rating, whether or not the GM meant it or not, whether the GM was tricked. That doesn't matter.
    What matters is the fact that the GM acted unprofessional becoming a paid game master for a AAA game. If I did that as a volunteer guide for Everquest 2 I would have been let go as soon as they saw it; whether it was a joke or not and whether it was in a private situation where no one else saw it or not. The issue is the GM was unprofessional.
    It seems like Funcom is seriously dropping the ball with professionalism; whether it is forum MODs or GMs. How did the official forums take this? Man, I bet that was a mess

I am against a lot of what Funcom does, but JEEEZ climb down the high horse here. He had a funny conversation for a couple of minutes. I would post what I think of the guy who posted this here, but it is probably against the rules..

Take it easy and with a smile!

He's a GM. He is set aside to show professionalism when he represents funcom in the game. High horse or not, that GM was wrong even if he was joking. It lacks professionalism. When a GM explicitally talks about how he's going to screw the customer (in a literaly sense) thats pretty messed up.

Its even more messed up that people are actually defending him lol. It truly shows you that some people will defend this thing NO MATTER what happens.

Its like the MMO mourning but with fanbois.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

It doesn't matter about the game's mature rating, whether or not the GM meant it or not, whether the GM was tricked. That doesn't matter.
    What matters is the fact that the GM acted unprofessional becoming a paid game master for a AAA game. If I did that as a volunteer guide for Everquest 2 I would have been let go as soon as they saw it; whether it was a joke or not and whether it was in a private situation where no one else saw it or not. The issue is the GM was unprofessional.
    It seems like Funcom is seriously dropping the ball with professionalism; whether it is forum MODs or GMs. How did the official forums take this? Man, I bet that was a mess

I am against a lot of what Funcom does, but JEEEZ climb down the high horse here. He had a funny conversation for a couple of minutes. I would post what I think of the guy who posted this here, but it is probably against the rules..

He's a GM. He is set aside to show professionalism when he represents funcom in the game. High horse or not, that GM was wrong even if he was joking. It lacks professionalism. When a GM explicitally talks about how he's going to screw the customer (in a literaly sense) thats pretty messed up.

Its even more messed up that people are actually defending him lol. It truly shows you that some people will defend this thing NO MATTER what happens.

It's just as boggling people are flipping out over this, This section is turning into the official tabloid pages of MMORPG.com.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Maybe the exposure will get my ATi low-GPU utilization fixed? No? Well *sigh*...

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

Has this been on the aoc forums yet ?

cause ive seen this post being linked on a load of other game forums i go to.

• PalancePalance Member Posts: 36

Omg that is some funny shit

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Malickiebloo

It's just as boggling people are flipping out over this, This section is turning into the official tabloid pages of MMORPG.com.

Well, being that AoC is notorious for long response times when answering petitions and this guy is clearly on a GM account, meaning that he's working, he's basically taking his time to cyber with another dude instead of actually doing his job.

It's as simple as that. While he was stroking his wee wee, petitions were left unanswered. Basically it's like this, you go to a restaurant to get some food. After waiting a few hours (that's how long it takes for GMs to answer some petitions), instead of helping you with your order, the guy behind the counter is having phone sex with his girlfriend. Would you take it in stride and wait until he's finished? Or would you complain about it?

Originally posted by heartless

Well, being that AoC is notorious for long response times when answering petitions and this guy is clearly on a GM account, meaning that he's working, he's basically taking his time to cyber with another dude instead of actually doing his job.

It's as simple as that. While he was stroking his wee wee, petitions were left unanswered. Basically it's like this, you go to a restaurant to get some food. After waiting a few hours (that's how long it takes for GMs to answer some petitions), instead of helping you with your order, the guy behind the counter is having phone sex with his girlfriend. Would you take it in stride and wait until he's finished? Or would you complain about it?

Or you can just say it's being used as it was intended . A bash on their CS, For the actions of one GM . It's the same old story with every thread here. You also seem to have the same drumbeat pounding as you always do . I'm just glad I can see issues such as this for what they are (random), Without jumping in on the war dance.

Of course someone has to tell me why I should care about this , I'm sorry but I still don't . As I said It's a random occurrence.

BTW I had to put in one petition during my play time , It took under five minutes to get a response. Under 5 minutes later I was ported back into the world.

I can tell you have a personal vendetta against Funcom , I've seen it all before. You most likely have a problem with everyone who doesn't see red every time they notice AOC mentioned. That's fine and i have no problem with you wanting them to pay , Just don't expect me to agree every time an Employee of FC *****'s up , It's part of some evil scheme.

Or you can just say it's being used as it was intended . A bash on their CS, For the actions of one GM . It's the same old story with every thread here. You also seem to have the same drumbeat pounding as you always do . I'm just glad I can see issues such as this for what they are (random), Without jumping in on the war dance.
    Of course someone has to tell me why I should care about this , I'm sorry but I still don't . As I said It's a random occurance.
    BTW I had to put in one petition during my play time , It took under five minutes to get a response. Under 5 minutes later I was ported back into the world.
    I can tell you have a personal vendetta against Funcom , I've seen it all before. You most likely have a problem with everyone who doesn't see red everytime they notice AOC mentioned. That's fine and i have no problem with you wanting them to pay , Just don't expect me to agree everytime an empolyee of FC *****'s up , It's part of some evil scheme.

Here's the thing. I realize that it's a random thing that could've happened in any game. However, to me it speaks of a couple of things. First, Funcom GMs are not trained properly. Second, there is no one monitoring these people. The guy is having cyber sex instead of answering petitions. He even said that he will summon the player "to answer a petition".

It all adds up. People are complaining that Funcom has horrible customer support, and it does. But this just adds insult to injury.

As for my vendetta against Funcom, I guess you can call it that. I'm just appalled at the complete disregard for customers and questinable business ethic. I'm also amazed at how some people, like you, for example, can brush it all off as a "random occurance" or because it happened in other games or because people leveled too fast or many other excuses used by the supporters on this forum.

. I'm also amazed at how some people, like you, for example, can brush it all off as a "random occurance".

Like I said I don't disagree you have a right to want them to pay , so I won't disagree with anything else you said. The only reason I call this a random occurrence , Would be it was a random occurrence.  (Sorry about the typo above).

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

I don't see the big deal. If this player hadn't recorded the whole thing and posted it, would it affect anyone, anywhere? Even if the GM was participating, so what really. The only complaint I'd have is if they were ignoring real petitions to do this (time they are paid to help legitimate petitions).

Other than that, I find it amusing to say the least.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

LMAO!!!!

AoC keeps bringing me the laughs!

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by brostyn

LMAO!!!!
    AoC keeps bringing me the laughs!

<cue Benny Hill theme>

Or you can just say it's being used as it was intended . A bash on their CS, For the actions of one GM .

That's the main issue here...it isnt just one GM. This is the third GM that was caught in screenshots for acting unprofessionally. Since the release of the game there has been counts of GMs acting  unprofessionally with proof of screenshots, etc.  I have NEVER seen that much of unwise actions in a MMORPG before. You would think these GMs were part of a free WoW server or something.

It's the same old story with every thread here. You also seem to have the same drumbeat pounding as you always do . I'm just glad I can see issues such as this for what they are (random), Without jumping in on the war dance.

In my opinion I would not constitute the thread of a GM having gay cyber sex as the "same old story" here.  That is a pretty hardcore and you wont see that here all the time. I think this is the first time I saw a paid GM having cyber sex in a AAA MMORPG.

Of course someone has to tell me why I should care about this , I'm sorry but I still don't . As I said It's a random occurrence.

The cyber sex is a random occurance. Three GMS getting caught (one with their pants down) acting unprofessionally in just as many months should be something you should care about if you love this game.

I can tell you have a personal vendetta against Funcom , I've seen it all before. You most likely have a problem with everyone who doesn't see red every time they notice AOC mentioned. That's fine and i have no problem with you wanting them to pay , Just don't expect me to agree every time an Employee of FC *****'s up , It's part of some evil scheme.

Finding legit screenshots of an official GM having gay cyber sex is not "vandetta" against funcom. And no....you havent seen that before. I guarantee it lol. This is exactly what I mean about fanbois completely assisting in the destruction of a game. They are so committed in sticking up for the company that no amount of proof of corruption or unprofessionalism will get them to change their fundamentalist minds about the direction of the game, and that in turn, will assist in its own degradation.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MarginOfErorMarginOfEror Member Posts: 14

what game is this?

. I'm also amazed at how some people, like you, for example, can brush it all off as a "random occurance".

Like I said I don't disagree you have a right to want them to pay , so I won't disagree with anything else you said. The only reason I call this a random occurrence , Would be it was a random occurrence.  (Sorry about the typo above).

As was stated in a previous post, this is not the first time the GMs were caught slacking off when they were supposed to be doing their job. I don't care about the gay cyber sex, eventhough I find the whole concept completely stupid, I care about the fact that the GM in question used the time when he was suppose to be helping other players, for his own personal entertainment.

Funcom messed up, not the GM. They messed up because eventhough they had previous experience with MMOs (Anarchy Online) they failed to hire proper customer support staff to help their customers. That is the problem. You can brush it off as a random thing but I see it as a reflection of the whole company. The above incident combined with the current GMs running the official forum, is enough for me to question Funcom's integrity.

Or you can just say it's being used as it was intended . A bash on their CS, For the actions of one GM .

That's the main issue here...it isnt just one GM. This is the third GM that was caught in screenshots for acting unprofessionally. Since the release of the game there has been counts of GMs acting  unprofessionally with proof of screenshots, etc.  I have NEVER seen that much of unwise actions in a MMORPG before. You would think these GMs were part of a free WoW server or something.

I'm referring to this issue alone

It's the same old story with every thread here. You also seem to have the same drumbeat pounding as you always do . I'm just glad I can see issues such as this for what they are (random), Without jumping in on the war dance.

In my opinion I would not constitute the thread of a GM having gay cyber sex as the "same old story" here.  That is a pretty hardcore and you wont see that here all the time. I think this is the first time I saw a paid GM having cyber sex in a AAA MMORPG.

Of couse this is issue is rare , Otherwise I wouldn't of called it random .

The cyber sex is a random occurance. Three GMS getting caught (one with their pants down) acting unprofessionally in just as many months should be something you should care about if you love this game.

That's just it I don't love this game or even like it . It boggles me why so many care so much about it.

Finding legit screenshots of an official GM having gay cyber sex is not "vandetta" against funcom. And no....you havent seen that before. I guarantee it lol. This is exactly what I mean about fanbois completely assisting in the destruction of a game. They are so committed in sticking up for the company that no amount of proof of corruption or unprofessionalism will get them to change their fundamentalist minds about the direction of the game, and that in turn, will assist in its own degradation.

I wasn't referring to you , But then again you don't post in every single AOC thread , Telling me how to feel.  I've seen it all before was in regard to SWG , And the hate that surrounded it. I know how those who get screwed react , SO as I said I know why you feel the way you do . But after being through SWG This really dosen't have a huge impact on me.

a fanboi ? ROFL

As was stated in a previous post, this is not the first time the GMs were caught slacking off when they were supposed to be doing their job. I don't care about the gay cyber sex, eventhough I find the whole concept completely stupid, I care about the fact that the GM in question used the time when he was suppose to be helping other players, for his own personal entertainment.

Funcom messed up, not the GM. They messed up because eventhough they had previous experience with MMOs (Anarchy Online) they failed to hire proper customer support staff to help their customers. That is the problem. You can brush it off as a random thing but I see it as a reflection of the whole company. The above incident combined with the current GMs running the official forum, is enough for me to question Funcom's integrity.

Make a thread to talk about their overall CS , And I'll discuss it .Make a thread on our overall view on the subject of funcom ,I'll discuss it . Stop derailing every conversation into those topics.

Make a thread to talk about their overall CS , And I'll discuss it .Make a thread on our overall view on the subject of funcom ,I'll discuss it . Stop derailing every conversation into those topics.

If you notice almost every single topic on these forums has something to do with at least one of the things you mentioned. Me, making another topic on the subject will just be more spam.

We're talking about  a service provider here. Every conversation will be either about customer support or the service.

The op said himself he did it as a joke .

The op said himself he did it as a joke .

Who did it as a joke, the OP or the GM? I'm sure that the OP did it as a joke. The GM? I doubt it. He seemed pretty serious about it. Especially since he used a fake petition to continue the whole thing.

Regardless of whether or not it was a joke, it shouldn't happen. And the only way to do that, is to train your GMs properly. I've been playing MMOs since early UO and I have never seen a GM cybering with another player. That doesn't show that Funcom doesn't train their GMs properly, it shows that Funcom doesn't really care what GMs do.

Since we're talking about GMs--people who deal with paying customers--I can't help but question Funcom's business ethic.

I'm sorry, maybe I do have a vendetta against them but come on, a company representative is having cyber sex with a customer on company's time while players are sitting in queue for hours?

BTW, I read the story about your petition. My story is different though. My wait time was close to 7 hours. That's right, 7 freaking hours.

The post itself ,I don't even think the op is the person in the chat.

The post itself ,I don't even think the op is the person in the chat.

doesn't matter if the OP is the person in the chat. Fact of the matter is it happened and the GM got paid to do it on Funcom's "clock"

This discussion has been closed.