Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please, Do Not Make My Next President McCain Or Obama !!!

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

I was Raised catholic for 18 years of my life, and i think the bible is a collection of adult fairy tales, ive actually read the bible, however, and thats more then what most of these religious nuts can say. But it means very little. The guy can go listen to Wright speak and pick and choose what he agrees with,  Not everyone in society is a sheep that can automatically be forced into a group because they listened to someone else.
    If you were still going to a Catholic church as an adult, and if you had been going to that church for 20 years, would it not be reasonable for someone to assume that you are Catholic?  This is not an issue of his childhood church that he left when he was older, your situation is not even close to the same situation as his.

If you think peace can be attained through violence then you are an idiot, if you think this war right now has anything to do with peace, you are an idiot, if you think the reason america is in iraq right now, is to achieve peace, you are an idiot. You are american, you arent oppeerressed, how is going to another country, killing their leader and installing your belief and leadership system not the same as invading a fucking country. If you believe that at any point in this war or after it is finished someone is going to mutter the phrase, "Phew, we got em all, we have finally achieved peace! It will be nice to have no more terrorist." Then you, are an idiot. I can go into detail on that, if you feel the need to refute it. Btw, i still find it interesting how America morphed Osama Bin Laden, the guy who actually attacked your country, into Saddam Hussian, the guy who had nothing to do with it.
    If you think that peace can be achieved and maintained without some measure of violence to secure that peace, then you, my good friend, are a delusional fool.  There are too many people in this world who want to fight for control over various people, territories, and resources...These people are all too willing to fight for the things that they want.  You want to say that the Iraq war is unjustified?  That's fine...but you're a fool if you think that peace can be maintained by avoiding any and all conflict. 
    But America isnt racist, no i am wrong, they arent currently trying to build a wall around  a country that has their poor, tired and hungry trying to make a better life for themselves try to migrate to the us. They dont hold entire cultures responsible anytime something happens overseas,  they dont live beisdes an Arab family for 40 years and then when the planes went down all of a suddent take it upon themselves too say that family isnt american anymore, You dont still have to fight tooth and nail for equality in america is you are any race by the superior one.

It's not a matter of racism, it's a matter of securing a strong economy.  This is such a stupid liberal argument "Oh, you don't want illegals from other countries coming in, you must be racist!  Because when people see the R word they freeze up because they don't want to be called racist.  It's such a cop out.  How about you try something for me?  Go to Mexico and demand that they bring in Engilsh translators for your convenience...Watch them laugh in your face, and then you go ahead and call them racist for not supplying you with something that you want because you were too lazy to learn spanish.  Guess what?  My dad is an immigrant from Hungary, and guess what?  He came here legally, and so did his 8 brothers and sisters and parents, and guess what else?  They all learned English.  So don't tell me that it's just too hard for some people.  If a starving family from Hungary can get 9 kids and two parents to learn English and come here legally, then so can some random mexicans.  And your last sentence doesn't make a lick of sense, revise it if you want anybody to know what the hell you are trying to say.
    The reason you call him a race baiting bigoted idiot, is because you are probably white. Like i said, most blakc people will listen to him, and relate, not because some of tha racial stuff he said happened in the past, but happened to thema s recently as last week

I called him a race baiting bigoted idiot because that is what he is.  Black people can relate to what exactly?  His message that blacks are entitled to something?  His message that this country is still racist?  Do you know what the white equivilent to Wright is called?  A nazi...and guess what?  You wouldn't be willing to saying that people listen to him "because they can relate to his message" you would be saying that nobody should listen to the ass hole because it's just a message of hate. 

I'm not going to address the entirety of your post because most of the other crap that I didn't quote was completely irrelevent or nothing more than liberal talking points not worth addressing.  That's right, I'm dismissing your argument on the grounds that I think that you're pulling stuff out of your ass that serves your own purposes while ignoring all other common sense sources of information that contradict you.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

I supported Hillary and hoped she would be the one. But the young generation always seems to think they are correct and when they HYPE something they really do it big. From the crappy internet youtube ads of a lip singing girl to the obnoxious deinterlaced intelects. I worry the direction the young generation of people are going.

At least back in the early 80's and before that we had smart young people up till all that early 90's crap with the new rap age. It seems to me all that just simply warped our young peoples minds. Nothing more scary then having a large portion of young people not think logically. Now we are stuck with Obama for 4yrs, if doubt Mccain will be next because hes to quiet and unexciting to get the young votes.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• mstersmith2mstersmith2 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Tyres100

I supported Hillary and hoped she would be the one. But the young generation always seems to think they are correct and when they HYPE something they really do it big. From the crappy internet youtube ads of a lip singing girl to the obnoxious deinterlaced intelects. I worry the direction the young generation of people are going.
    At least back in the early 80's and before that we had smart young people up till all that early 90's crap with the new rap age. It seems to me all that just simply warped our young peoples minds. Nothing more scary then having a large portion of young people not think logically. Now we are stuck with Obama for 4yrs, if doubt Mccain will be next because hes to quiet and unexciting to get the young votes.

I am not excited for either. I was strong Republican but the GOP has lost it's way. I really would like the true Conservatives to form a third party that is not concerned with the religious right, pulls there spending spree and starts some true heart felt talks with the other parties. This is redundant, if either one wins nothing will be accomplished because both the Senate and the House are so even and the hatred across the board is so wide spread do you really think it could be reconciled? I think it is time to form third and fourth parties and attempt to take our Country back. If the Zell Miller's and Joe Libermans can become independants and win  why has the Rebublican party decided to stand strong when we are facing true hardship? Thats me I guess. Oh and recent pulls show Obama shooting himself in the foot we will see what happens as Nov. aproaches.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

The Cobra Commander is a true conservative! he doesnt piddaddle daddle around

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I supported George and hoped he would be the one. But the young generation always seems to think they are correct and when they HYPE something they really do it big. From the crappy mimeographed ads of a lip singing girl to the obnoxious deinterlaced intelects. I worry the direction the young generation of people are going.

At least back in the early 40's and before that we had smart young people up till all that early 60's crap with the new rock and roll age. It seems to me all that just simply warped our young peoples minds. Nothing more scary then having a large portion of young people not think logically. Now we are stuck with Lyndon Johnson for 4yrs, if doubt Nixon will be next because hes to quiet and unexciting to get the young votes.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Of course Young people do not vote in any statistically significant manner. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

Originally posted by grunty

I supported George and hoped he would be the one. But the young generation always seems to think they are correct and when they HYPE something they really do it big. From the crappy mimeographed ads of a lip singing girl to the obnoxious deinterlaced intelects. I worry the direction the young generation of people are going.

At least back in the early 40's and before that we had smart young people up till all that early 60's crap with the new rock and roll age. It seems to me all that just simply warped our young peoples minds. Nothing more scary then having a large portion of young people not think logically. Now we are stuck with Lyndon Johnson for 4yrs, if doubt Nixon will be next because hes to quiet and unexciting to get the young votes.

LOL Yes you may got that almost perfect but in terms of comparing as close to this format I was sticking directly with the start of it in the 90's. Which George btw?

I do not support either candidate. I think no matter what we are still going to be better off then who we had for the last 8yrs.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

LOL Yes you may got that almost perfect but in terms of comparing as close to this format I was sticking directly with the start of it in the 90's. Which George btw?

I do not support either candidate. I think no matter what we are still going to be better off then who we had for the last 8yrs.

George McGovern.  The only problem with my copy & paste is that George was the young peoples choice back then.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

Of course Young people do not vote in any statistically significant manner. 

Until now. The rise in young votes for Obama and interest  are between the ages of 18 to 28 and make up over 60% of the total support he has. Which is huge, and like I said these people pushed for him and hard. He became popular because of the young voters and became a household name within a few months of entering the race. Now I don't know if you know or remember this but when he first started out his name was ????? and people did not know much about him. Hillary had all the attention and lead in every poll for young voters.

So you see young people do make a difference and in this day and age they can make anyone famous quickly and without reason or logical sense can make even the average slick talker President.

George McGovern.  The only problem with my copy & paste is that George was the young peoples choice back then.

Ahhhh ok Like what Ron Paul was up till Obama got the over hype.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Like what Ron Paul was up till Obama got the over hype.
    Ron Paul was never the young peoples vote. That has always belonged to Obama, he is just getting more of it now.

I didn't become a huge fan of Ron Paul until recently. It's just a freaking shame that he lost to Mccain and Obama :/ I am another one of those people who can't get over our crappy choices this round... I don't think it has ever been this bad.

Just to put emphasis on it all, we have these looming disasters the like of which our country has never seen before and they both just kinda dance around it. Dance because they don't have any kind of solution, the foggiest idea, of how to get us out of it.

Don't even get me started about the other aspects of the government >:(

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241

Interesting to see that when someone criticizes Obama, that criticism is often met with, "Oh yeah? Well, Bush is a terrible President!" As if a whole lot of Republicans and a whole lot of REAL conservatives (not neo-conservatives) don't think he's terrible, too. He started out halfway decent, and then it was all downhill from there.

Look at what Obama wants to do. For the most part, it's to increase the size of government and to have it interfere in your lives more than it already does. McCain isn't much better, but I'd say he's a little better.

My main hope is enough people vote Libertarian so that the party gains more attention and that at least sometime during my lifetime there will be a legit three-party system and that the U.S. will get back to its Libertarian roots.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Im just going to continue sitting and laughing as this cycle repeats itself, as everyone in the states claims to be scared of the opposing candidate, yells doom and gloom if their side loses.

I mean, politics gets heated in Canada, but wow... Its hard to beleive just how violently divided Americans are over politics.

In Canada, I really don't like the conservative party, but I've got several friends who do, I'm glad I live in Canada and am still allowed to be friends with them.

No single candidate is going to send your country into a irreversable shit spiral over the course of 4 years with no interruption or change. Yet you guys argue and fight, scream, yell and insult anybody who things differently, its like racism only acceptable and much more violent.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Draenor

I was Raised catholic for 18 years of my life, and i think the bible is a collection of adult fairy tales, ive actually read the bible, however, and thats more then what most of these religious nuts can say. But it means very little. The guy can go listen to Wright speak and pick and choose what he agrees with,  Not everyone in society is a sheep that can automatically be forced into a group because they listened to someone else.
    If you were still going to a Catholic church as an adult, and if you had been going to that church for 20 years, would it not be reasonable for someone to assume that you are Catholic?  This is not an issue of his childhood church that he left when he was older, your situation is not even close to the same situation as his.

If you think peace can be attained through violence then you are an idiot, if you think this war right now has anything to do with peace, you are an idiot, if you think the reason america is in iraq right now, is to achieve peace, you are an idiot. You are american, you arent oppeerressed, how is going to another country, killing their leader and installing your belief and leadership system not the same as invading a fucking country. If you believe that at any point in this war or after it is finished someone is going to mutter the phrase, "Phew, we got em all, we have finally achieved peace! It will be nice to have no more terrorist." Then you, are an idiot. I can go into detail on that, if you feel the need to refute it. Btw, i still find it interesting how America morphed Osama Bin Laden, the guy who actually attacked your country, into Saddam Hussian, the guy who had nothing to do with it.
    If you think that peace can be achieved and maintained without some measure of violence to secure that peace, then you, my good friend, are a delusional fool.  There are too many people in this world who want to fight for control over various people, territories, and resources...These people are all too willing to fight for the things that they want.  You want to say that the Iraq war is unjustified?  That's fine...but you're a fool if you think that peace can be maintained by avoiding any and all conflict. 
    But America isnt racist, no i am wrong, they arent currently trying to build a wall around  a country that has their poor, tired and hungry trying to make a better life for themselves try to migrate to the us. They dont hold entire cultures responsible anytime something happens overseas,  they dont live beisdes an Arab family for 40 years and then when the planes went down all of a suddent take it upon themselves too say that family isnt american anymore, You dont still have to fight tooth and nail for equality in america is you are any race by the superior one.

It's not a matter of racism, it's a matter of securing a strong economy.  This is such a stupid liberal argument "Oh, you don't want illegals from other countries coming in, you must be racist!  Because when people see the R word they freeze up because they don't want to be called racist.  It's such a cop out.  How about you try something for me?  Go to Mexico and demand that they bring in Engilsh translators for your convenience...Watch them laugh in your face, and then you go ahead and call them racist for not supplying you with something that you want because you were too lazy to learn spanish.  Guess what?  My dad is an immigrant from Hungary, and guess what?  He came here legally, and so did his 8 brothers and sisters and parents, and guess what else?  They all learned English.  So don't tell me that it's just too hard for some people.  If a starving family from Hungary can get 9 kids and two parents to learn English and come here legally, then so can some random mexicans.  And your last sentence doesn't make a lick of sense, revise it if you want anybody to know what the hell you are trying to say.
    The reason you call him a race baiting bigoted idiot, is because you are probably white. Like i said, most blakc people will listen to him, and relate, not because some of tha racial stuff he said happened in the past, but happened to thema s recently as last week

I called him a race baiting bigoted idiot because that is what he is.  Black people can relate to what exactly?  His message that blacks are entitled to something?  His message that this country is still racist?  Do you know what the white equivilent to Wright is called?  A nazi...and guess what?  You wouldn't be willing to saying that people listen to him "because they can relate to his message" you would be saying that nobody should listen to the ass hole because it's just a message of hate. 

I'm not going to address the entirety of your post because most of the other crap that I didn't quote was completely irrelevent or nothing more than liberal talking points not worth addressing.  That's right, I'm dismissing your argument on the grounds that I think that you're pulling stuff out of your ass that serves your own purposes while ignoring all other common sense sources of information that contradict you.

I love the way you took on quoting me, aruging all my counters and saying the exact same things over again and making no attempt to address the post you quoted.

BTW, Hitler believed other countries should see the world through his eyes, the reason why he started.. expanding his boarders and installing his brand of government who didnt  want it. Same way the US is installing capitalism/democracy in countries that have no interest in it.

Just reading what you are saying i know you arent black, so when i say black people relate to him, that shit flys over your head. You call him a racsit, you call hima  bigot, you call him an idiot, you call him a Nazy, but you still cant call him a liar. I dont think Wright is a visionary, and i dont think what Wright says should reflect on Obama, i do believe Wright lives ina  country that Claims to hae free speach, yet they still think he should be censored. Im not even american,i just enjoy taking oppertunities too allow americans as a whole to make themselves look like hypocrits.

They fight for peace... but sell death(USA is the greatest arms dealer in the world)

The claim equality and freedom... but have no problem telling you when you have either equality or freedom

Claim to be free of racsim.. yet the minute a man of color begins an attempt to run the country, he is equated to a terrorist

Claim to be free of racism.. but still have racial profiling in the workplace, in society, with law enforcement and the courts

Claim equality... and still oppose gay marriage, still believe you have the right to decide if people should love each other, and who consenting adults should pair off with.

By your arguements, the resaon mexicans shouldnt be allowed in the USA because they dont learn english, though it is a known fact that the second most common language in the US is spanish. I dont need to goto Mexico and demand a translator, they dont boast equality and equal rights, and have the biggest hypocritical statue  standing tall on Liberty Island.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Or did they sand that off yet?

i agree, immagrant should learn, but like Obama says, you should teach your kids to learn spanish. Its embarressing that immigrants can speak several langauges when they travel, but Americans only know catch phrases. And you proved that point. I currently Speak english, i understand french because it is our second langauge, and i am learning Japanese because i plan on going to japan in the future, I am learning mandarin, and Italian because i enjoy the langauge, If i planned on going to mexico, you better believe i would learn spanish. If you need any reason to learn another language, the fact that you can say your educated should be enough. Your dad is an immagrant and he didnt teach you the value you of acceptance, he should be the first person to tell you teh shit your saying is ridiculous, or is he one of those immagrants who believe now that they have made it over the boarder, nobody else should have that right. You cant be in america unless you learn the langauge, you arent racist, your just narrowminded and ignorant.

There are only 2 real ways to be american, or a citizen of any country, if you fought in a war, or if you overcame some obstacles,s uch as escaping horrible living conditions in your own country to struggle and become soemthing in another country. Just coming out of yoru mother's pussy on american soil doesnt make you any better then someone who came over here on a makeshift boat and works 4 jobs 96 hours a week to make a better life for his family Because he doesnt speak english, he doesnt deserve to be here, You didnt do anything to shape the country, and you have no right to say who can and cannot enter the country. Have you forogtten that the reason the American country started was a bunch of immagrants came over... and completly annihilated the orginal inhabitants?

As for the arguement on peace, you cant fight for someone elses peace, and the Americans arent opperesed so they have no peave to fight for, Violence is not required to attain peace, Wars just dont start, they are like fights in the schoolyard, the take a lot to finally escalate to the point where Violence is required to re-establish peace, I assure you, if anyone is the delusional fool it is you, it seems you do not know enough about the world to discus it.

"There are too many people in this world who want to fight for control over various people, territories, and resources...These people are all too willing to fight for the things that they want."

Guess where America stands with this statement, and you will understanda  little more about why they have been in iraq for 8 years with talks of moving to pakastan.

As for the religious aspect, you are again, clearly ignorant, my entire family is religious, i goto church on christmas and easter, i dont believe a word the man is saying when he speaks for 3 hours. He does tell some interesting stories that may be good values to live by, but the rest of that stuff is nonsense. Listening to somoene speak, doesnt all of a sudden make you one of their followers.

I  am not american, i dont like bush, i think he is a moron, that doesnt change the fact that i listen to every speach he has ever given.That goes for most things in life, its called being a person and having the ability to decide for yourself what to beleive and what not to believe. I cant believe i am fucking explaining this to a grown human being.

Just because Obama goes to the same church for 20 years, doesnt mean he has that deer in the headlights, i believe every word coming out of your mouth, please feed me more insignt look in his eye. The man is a family friend, he goes to his church, he listens to him speak, maybe he agrees with all of it, maybe some of it, maybe nothing, as an Adult, he has the ability to pick and choose what is worth beliving and what isnt.

Dont quote me again if you are going to pick and choose what to rebuttle me on, i took it upon myself to engauge all of your arguements, I am not Liberal, Democrat, or repbulican, i do not make up my mind before i hear issues like they do, i am a person, with my own abiity to research and my own ability to create an opinion, so dont take my facts and chalk it up to some political view just because you dont have the ability to combat it intelligently.  If you can find some flaw in my statement, point it out.

BTW, you shuld read Article 1, section 2 of the US constitution and then explain to me why that is still in the constitution.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• ive82sykoive82syko Member Posts: 37

I'm not to fond of either canidate, but I would vote for Obama way before I'd ever vote for Mcain. Eight years of Bush fuck ups and Mcain brings the same to the table. And don't tell me the "Bush" card is getting old. Tell that to every mother and father who lost their sons and daughters based on his lies.

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Honestly, I'm just sick of the fucking executive branch.

-------------------------

Originally posted by ive82syko

I'm not to fond of either canidate, but I would vote for Obama way before I'd ever vote for Mcain. Eight years of Bush fuck ups and Mcain brings the same to the table. And don't tell me the "Bush" card is getting old. Tell that to every mother and father who lost their sons and daughters based on his lies.

Amen to that. There should never be this idiocy of trying to forget what the mans done because in most of our eyes he has made the US look bad.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

Wish people would stop voting.

Everyone wants a fix to the problems and can't see that the people they keep electing are the problem.  Democrat, republican, indipendant, whatever.  It is those men and woman that run, or desire to run, our government that have put this country were it is today.

The federal government puts half a trillion dollars into circulation, and then people think that those same people are going to fix the economy.

And I'm so sick of people talking about Bush being elected by the people.

He didn't come close to winning the popular vote, the magority of the american people that voted chose Gore.  Why didn't the last election teach any of you that unless you live in a select few states your vote means nothing. Delewares vote didn't need to be counted, it wouldn't have effected the election one way or the other.  Right there are tens of thousands of votes, that meant nothing.

The best way for the American people to be heard, is to say nothing at all, and we're in some desperate need of some listening.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Munki

No single candidate is going to send your country into a irreversable shit spiral over the course of 4 years with no interruption or change. Yet you guys argue and fight, scream, yell and insult anybody who things differently, its like racism only acceptable and much more violent.

WRONG.

Alan Greenspan is responsible for both the dotcom and housing bubbles. The credit issues. He had help from Clinton. THOSE THINGS are causing the GLOBAL ECONOMY TO TANK amongst other serious problems.

Tell me again how one person CAN'T do that much damage in a few years.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241

Claim to be free of racsim.. yet the minute a man of color begins an attempt to run the country, he is equated to a terrorist
    Claim to be free of racism.. but still have racial profiling in the workplace, in society, with law enforcement and the courts

Equating Obama to a terrorist because he's black isn't racist.  Ever see Jesse Jackson equated to a terrorist when he was running for President?  Probably not.  He's a hypocrite and a racial ambulance chaser, but that's about it. 

However, there is indeed racism in the workplace.  As long as Affirmative Action exists, racism exists by default.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306
    Originally posted by War_Eagle

No, the problem now is that American's have been dumbed down to where they don't know how to take care of themselves.
    I'm not screaming at Congress to do anything for me except leave me alone.  If I make a mistake somewhere then I'm more than willing to suck it up and learn from it.  Not go whining to the federal government expecting them to pick up the pieces and put my poor little life back together for me.
    American's need to realize that with freedom comes responsibility.  And yeah, that responsibility is pretty scary sometimes, but not nearly as scary as having the government looking over my shoulder and digging in my pockets every time I turn around.

Let's say you make a mistake and it costs you the use of your body from the neck down. You don't believe there should be a social net for the disabled?

While this scenario is not at all typical of the average person drawing a disability check, neither would be the person who's able-bodied. The truth is, most people being assisted by government programs are (or were) granted them for a good reason. Most people do agree with social systems provided certain -very specific- criteria are met. The problem we have is these systems are capable of being exploited. What needs to happen is to get these vital systems working efficiently and effectively, instead of allowing them to be manipulated.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

Everyone should fear Obama! The man is a communist through and through... watch this link.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

• Ratboy51Ratboy51 Member Posts: 29

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I honestly don't understand how our last 2 candidates are Barack Obama and John McCain. I personally, am democratic, so I really want Obama to win.

Trust me, if McCain goes in office, the whole country is screwed .

Take my advice, hide in your closet for about 4 more years, than it'll already be time to vote for another president. Or, you could move out of the United States for 4-8 more years, than come back when a new president is elected

"It's good to be King"

Epic awesome me

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by DailyBuzz

Originally posted by War_Eagle

No, the problem now is that American's have been dumbed down to where they don't know how to take care of themselves.
    I'm not screaming at Congress to do anything for me except leave me alone.  If I make a mistake somewhere then I'm more than willing to suck it up and learn from it.  Not go whining to the federal government expecting them to pick up the pieces and put my poor little life back together for me.
    American's need to realize that with freedom comes responsibility.  And yeah, that responsibility is pretty scary sometimes, but not nearly as scary as having the government looking over my shoulder and digging in my pockets every time I turn around.

Let's say you make a mistake and it costs you the use of your body from the neck down. You don't believe there should be a social net for the disabled?

While this scenario is not at all typical of the average person drawing a disability check, neither would be the person who's able-bodied. The truth is, most people being assisted by government programs are (or were) granted them for a good reason. Most people do agree with social systems provided certain -very specific- criteria are met. The problem we have is these systems are capable of being exploited. What needs to happen is to get these vital systems working efficiently and effectively, instead of allowing them to be manipulated.

No one says that disabled people don't deserve help.  At least no one that is sane.  The problem is that the Federal Government can't provide this help efficiently and shouldn't be providing this help constitutionally. 

This is how it should work.

You take care of it yourself. 

If you can't do it yourself then Family takes care of you.

If your family can't take care of you then community takes care of you.  (Whether community is friends, church, private charities etc)

If the community can't take care of you then the local government helps you.  (Keyword there local government as in city government)

If the City government can't help then The county government helps you. 

If the County government can't do it then at the last resort the State government provides the aid. 

That's it.  The buck should stop at the State Government.  There should be no higher stage then this. 

That is the problem with our current government and why we are so far in debt.  That is the problem with Liberals/Democrats and their plans from the Goverment.  Instead of reducing the size of the Federal Government Obama wants to make it larger and give more aid federally. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

No one says that disabled people don't deserve help.  At least no one that is sane.  The problem is that the Federal Government can't provide this help efficiently and shouldn't be providing this help constitutionally. 
    This is how it should work.
    You take care of it yourself. 
    If you can't do it yourself then Family takes care of you.
    If your family can't take care of you then community takes care of you.  (Whether community is friends, church, private charities etc)
    If the community can't take care of you then the local government helps you.  (Keyword there local government as in city government)
    If the City government can't help then The county government helps you. 
    If the County government can't do it then at the last resort the State government provides the aid. 
    That's it.  The buck should stop at the State Government.  There should be no higher stage then this. 

That is the problem with our current government and why we are so far in debt.  That is the problem with Liberals/Democrats and their plans from the Goverment.  Instead of reducing the size of the Federal Government Obama wants to make it larger and give more aid federally. 

It doesn't Matter because the point u put out is that Universial Health Care won't happen no matter who gets elected. That debate has been in since forever and has never went through for the points u make. Its just something all politicans claim to change but get into office and realize that they cant because the companies will take care of them when they get out of congress. Our government is flawed because Big corporations can corrupt at least a majority of them so nothing that will do this country good will happen because it hurts the big business. But im sure u have some rebuttle rant to back republicans(and demos) dont do this so shoot.